All reviewsduckhot tubthought of everythingthe ownersky tvcroissantshigh standardunderfloor heatingthe main housemini barhonesty barsouth downscontinental breakfasthamfree wifinothing too much troublelittle gem
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Duck Lodge. The accommodation is quiet, very comfortable and well-appointed and Keith, the host, very amenable and obliging. The breakfast was great. Highly recommended option

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

After a rainy day on SDW, I entered this lovely stand-alone cottage. Inside I was greeted by soft lighting, classical music, drinks, fresh fruit, and sweets. From my arrival to my departure, Keith did everything to make my stay enjoyable and memorable. He made sure the cottage temperature was to my liking and took care of my wet clothes. The bed is comfy and the continental breakfast filling and delicious. It's clear Keith delights in making Duck Lodge a perfect stay. If I had to pick one word to describe my time at Duck Lodge, it would be "magical."

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed at Duck Lodge while we were walking the South Downs Way which goes right past the door. Keith was very helpful and attentive - he even made me a barista quality cuppocino for breakfast and told us how to buy a cabin like Duck Lodge.

As other reviewers have described, Duck Lodge is luxurious - with Sky TV, a Bose music system, an excellent shower, a comfortable sofa and bed with White Company bed linen, white bath robes, a hot tub etc. etc. There was also a microwave which we used to heat some M&S meals which we bought at a nearby garage.

So far as accommodation goes, Duck Lodge was the highlight of our trip. We would like to go back there and are even thinking of buying a similar cabin ourselves with the information that Keith gave us.

Room Tip: there is only one room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Duck Lodge the night of a friend's wedding (held over the road at Pangdean Barn), and flew from Gatwick the next day for a 3 week holiday. Keith was absolutely brilliant from the moment I booked - ensuring that I felt totally at ease with my solo visit. He even offered me a very good deal on drop off and pick up to Gatwick (and my car stayed around the corner in the village where he could keep an eye on it).

Duck lodge itself is completely charming and very well equipped. The attention to detail was wonderful, from the smart Molton Brown set in the bathroom (very good shower btw!) to the sky movies package and the high-end sound system tuned to the brilliant local station. I had a great nights' sleep, and woke up to a wonderful breakfast of fresh croissants and pain au chocolate in the sunshine of the garden. What a start to my holiday :)

This place is an absolute find and even though I live miles away in Gloucestershire I shall try to find a reason for another flight from Gatwick so I can go back soon... as long as someone else hasn't beaten me to it!

Thanks so much Keith - I really had a brilliant stay and so appreciate the extra help with onward Gatwick travel :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2017

As a base to explore the South Downs and Brighton this was excellent. Our host, Keith was very friendly and helpful, even offering us a lift to the nearby pub. The lodge was comfortably furnished with all the latest technology including a Bose system and SkyQ; in many ways very trendy which we loved. The hot weather meant that we were able to make the most of the patio and eat our continental breakfast outside (great choice of fruit, cereals, yoghurt, cold meats, cheeses, warm bread/croissants, pain de chocolat and superb coffee, freshly brewed by Keith and to your own specification). The lodge was spotlessly clean and access to a hot tub was also available. In addition the outside fridge (with honesty box) stocking beer, wine and G&T's was a bonus!

Only very minor issues as for us Duck Lodge was exactly what we wanted; it was ideal for two but would have been a little cramped accommodating more. Whilst a continental breakfast in summer was ideal in colder weather, the offer of eggs/bacon roll? may be welcomed by some.

Room Tip: This is a lovely secluded lodge in the owners garden with its own patio.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
keithagough, Owner at Duck Lodge B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and im so glad you liked your stay at Duck Lodge. Its nice to hear my hard work has paid off. Hope to see you again soon and maybe have the time to use the Hot Tub if the weather permits, as it was so hot when you were here