Mersey River Chalets and Nature Retreat
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Caledonia
See available hotels
Annapolis Royal Inn(Annapolis Royal)
Hedley House(Smith's Cove)
Basinview Motel(Smith's Cove)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewswood stovemersey riversmall chaletbeautiful boardwalkplan aheadboard walkown mealsnova scotiaboard gameslodge roomstwo night stayannapolis royalcanoe kayakwoodswildernesspropertyaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed one week in the Loft of the Log House overlooking Lake Harry. I loved the lake view and the large trees surrounding the area. So peaceful and tranquil, just what I needed! Was my first time at this retreat. I called at the last minute and Cindy was wonderful in finding me the perfect peaceful place to stay. Especially liked the pet-friendly policy. I walked all the trails and rode my bicycle. The trails in the forest need a bit of maintenance. I couldn't find one trail as the trees and bushes had grown over the opening. There are many peaceful stops on the boardwalk along the beautiful Mersey River.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at the Log House. There's a beach and picnic spot in front of it, plus a large grassy area. Also, you're right next to the kayak and canoe wharf.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was one of many great experiences at Mersey River Chalets and Nature Retreat. I have been going there at least once a year for the last 6 years. This time my best friend and I brought my 2 nieces and we stayed in the large wall tent and had a fabulous time! The river was perfect for swimming. We used the common kitchen area to prepare our meals, made some new friends, it was perfect. It's always clean and the staff is always so helpful and friendly! I will keep going at least once a year! LOVE IT!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed one night in a chalet, and it was very comfortable and clean, great layout with a nice wood stove and grill and deck seating area. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating and I would love to stay there again. The property is about 2km off route 8 and very quiet and spacious. Nice river flows thru it and good space to play or relax. As I was going during the off season (late May) some of the services are not online there yet like the restaurant so plan ahead depending on when your going. If your on a bike, note there is a manageable dirt road leading to the resort area.

Accommodations are pleasant and comfortable but not chic in case your expecting a posh time. You'll be more than comfortable and though there is wireless in some places, be prepared to be offline:)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed at the Mersey River Chalets last summer. I must say I have never stayed in such a shabby cottage before. To make it worse it smelled horrible. I guess that people with dogs have been there before us and they haven´t clean up properly afterwards. The floor looked so awful no one would believe this, it should have been renovated years ago, like the whole cottage. I only give 2 points because the restaurant is nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KarenE
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed as part of a large group ( 19) in September for one night . Booked because of it's proximity to Kejimkujik National Park and because of a pet friendly policy.

What a wonderful location. Our cabin #4 was shared by two couples. From our covered deck we enjoyed cocktails and conversation in the rain with a river view and surrounded by tall Hemlocks & Pines.

The cabin was well equipped with dishes, cutlery and cooking aides. A 2 burner stove top was adequate for simple meal preparation. The fridge is a little small if you were planning to cook meals for more than a day or two.( nearest grocery store is 20 minutes away).

No TV, strong Wi-Fi at office if this is important!

We enjoyed the larger "log cabin"( where many of our group stayed) for a pot luck, BBQ & Sing-a-long. The common room was big enough to comfortably accomodate us all.

Unfortunately it rained extremely hard on our second day and we were not able to avail ourselves of the kayak and canoe opportunities.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

If you are not a camper but want to enjoy a few days at Kejimkujik hiking and paddling this would be a great alternative.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends