“Wooshu Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bien Hoa
Green Lake, WI
“Wooshu Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is a diamond AMONG the rough. Bien Hoa is not a place I would go to as a tourist but since I'm here for work, let me tell you that if you ever come to this city in Vietnam, this is the place to stay.
The people are warm, the accomodations are great and the restaurant has great food.
In the restaurant here is one waiter that stands out among them all and his name is TAN.
He willl ask and remember your name and will always get you what you ordered.

Room Tip: I was two doors away from the elevator and heard nothing. This is a great hotel. Their included bre...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Vietnamese first
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I visit Vietnam on occasion to conduct training programs and have stayed over 5 times at the Wooshu.

It is, to me the perfect place for business travel.

1. There is a gym - allowing me to have a good workout - the instructors are excellent !
2. The food has always been excellent !
3. There are smoking rooms - I appreciate that smoking is bad - but for a smoker, it truly is a pleasure to have a smoking room
4. Internet is excellent
5. The service has always been courteous and extremely good

My only critical comment is that I wish the staff spoke English better - which is the ONLY reason I did not rate the overall experience with 5 stars !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vidusha N
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as part of a family trip to Vietnam in January this year. We were attending a wedding in Bien Hoa so the location was perfect for us. The rooms are small but nice, comfortable and air conditioned. The bathroom was spacious although the lighting was terrible. We stayed on the eleventh floor and unfortunately as non smokers our room was on a smoking level. The hallways were clouded with cigarette smoke which also made it under our door and into our room. When we arrived the staff requested a $2000USD deposit and they would give back whatever we didn't spend- this didn't go down well! We had five adults and a child in our group in three rooms so this request for such a large amount was completely unreasonable. Luckily my cousins wife is Vietnamese and managed to get us out of this ridiculous situation. They instead kept our passports until we left, despite already taking copies. Be careful with money here, they won't take "old" US notes (whatever they are) and VN Dong that has a slight tear or rip. It will also take them about 10 minutes to break a noted for change after it swaps hands several times to be checked by 'accounting'. Don't get me wrong, the staff are very polite but some of the systems in this hotel make simple things very difficult (check in, payment etc). Breakfast was nice, a good mix of Western and Asian food. We came back to Bien Hoa at the end of our trip to again visit family but we stayed at another hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ShannonAlyceThomas
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Hubby and I came to Bien Hoa to visit friends.... There is absolutely nothing to do here at all! This is the only decent looking hotel in Bien Hoa. There were to many guest during our 3 nights stay. Staff were nice enough, check in and out was super quick... No issues with us rocking up from Tan Son Nhat airport at11:30pm... The hotel address system along road is very odd! Hotel was number 253, however across the road was at 1400 which made is really hard for Taxi driver from Saigon to find. Thank goodness for google maps on our iPhones.
This hotel is a good hour drive to Saigon or tan son Nhat airport, you will pay roughly $600,000VND from Saigon to Bien Hoa. Please allow more time during the night if heading into airport as traffic gets really congested at that time. If I had to go back to Bien Hoa, this is the only hotel I'll stay at. It wasn't great, but it was comfortable stay. Rooms were large, cable tv, bathroom was spacious, house keeping did a great job. There wasn't any stale smell on the 9th floor, this was a non smoking floor, but the few Chinese businessman who stayed on the same floor didn't
give a damn...
Bien Hoa is pretty boring, there is a church in every corner, basically everywhere you look you see a church...not making it up... This is very true! Enjoy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kimboz
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel in regional Southern Vietnam was quite ok. The hotel reception were very welcoming and extremely helpful.

Room was large and of a good western standard. The bathroom was neat clean and nice .... except for the fact that when We had a shower it wouldn't drain properly so there needs some plumbing work done on the infrastructure I suspect.

The little bar outside served nice iced Vietnamese coffee and cheap beers. Location is close to most places of interest.

We had a wedding lunch there and the food served was very good.

Pool up top was nice as well.

Overall recommend this place

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good rooms & Hotel..nice location..no veg food available, but should not expect it when in Vietnam. Supermarket (Coop Mart) is nearby, walking distance, where you can find veg, fruits and frozen food(paratha for Indians). Street market is also nearby. They have their own Taxi stand, good service.
Would not comment on food, as I am vegan.
If going to Bien Hoa, this is the only good 4-star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Bien Hoa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

I'm so angry, I had to write this review as soon as the internet came on at this Hotel: Swiss-Belhotel Wooshu in Bien Hoa, Vietnam.

Positive: Reception staff was friendly upon C/N. Accommodating when asked for a larger room.

Negatives: I'm greeted with stale smoke upon entering my room. The writing table was scratched & looks like it was bought at a flea market. Shower/tub was clogged & I got to stand in a tub 1/2 full of water during my shower & the shower head leaked when I tried to give my daughter a bath, AND you have to climb into the tub in order to turn the faucet on as there's a built-in glass wall that blocks you from conveniently reaching in. I asked for 3 extra pillows & 1 blanket. The manager and a Bellman was sent to my room. I asked again for the items & they brought me 3 laundry bags. I asked again & they offer me 2 pillows & had to think really hard before agreeing to give me 1 more blanket. Internet was down on/off all day.

I desperately want to C/O right now...but, it's 10pm & I have a husband, 5-yr old daughter, & sister to deal with.

No, I will not stay at this hotel again. OMG!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Thu Dau Mot
An Lam Saigon River
An Lam Saigon River
#13 of 448 in Ho Chi Minh City

Been to Aurora Hotel Plaza? Share your experiences!