“Best meal for years!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Yoxford
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were recommended this pub by the people who ran the B & B we stayed in. The food was absolutely first rate. I had cod and chips, a huge portion of fish which was fried to perfection in the lightest batter I have ever had, absolutely delicious. I was told that they are supplied from fish merchants in nearby Aldburgh, and have no reason to doubt that. Apparently the beef is also locally sourced too. My wife really enjoyed her salmon fillet as well, all in all, full marks to a real gastropub! They had some very decent real ale too, just to round off a perfect evening dining experience. Good for parking, clean and very nice staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Just had a lovely meal, 4 of us pork,lamb, salmon & chicken all meals beautiful. Cheese board to finish 4 cheeses good portions. Beautiful food all round.

2  Thank Chrissyrose
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Called in for a lunchtime snack and was very impressed with the clean and pleasant restaurant. The baguette I had was fresh and had a very tasty filling. We decided that as we had enjoyed the lunch we would have an evening meal next day, and we were not disappointed. we chose the cod and chips, and were pleased with the size of the fish. You will come out of the Kings Head felling well fed.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Called in for a lunchtime snack before staying over the road at Satis House and were so impressed we returned for an evening meal. Clean, bright welcoming bar and restaurant. Friendly service. Good, well presented tasty food at reasonable prices. Will definitely visit again. Spoke to the owner, a charming very hard working person.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were staying at The Satis House Hotel and decided to eat out one evening, so went to The King's Head, situated nearby.
Nicely rustic in decor without being pretentious, we entered and had a lovely welcome by the very friendly young lady behind the bar. A lovely smile and a nothing-is-too-much-trouble attitude: a good start to the evening! The food was really good, I had home made root soup which was yummy and my husband had the fishcake which he said was yummy too. When the fish and chips came I wondered if I would be able to manage the huge portion, but (thanks to doing a long walk on Southwold beach earlier!) guess what? They were sooo delicious, with devine Adnams beer batter coating the fish, we both cleared our plates!

Well done The King's Head - you've got it right!!