“Excellent pub with very good food”

Kings Head Public House
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Yoxford
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent pub with very good food”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've been to the Kings Head to eat on 5 occasions now, and thought I should leave a review.

The food is fantastic value for money, with only two mains (the steak and the surf and turf) over £10. Given the often crazily priced meals in the local area, this is really impressive. Good sized portions, lovely chips. I recommend the crab salad for a starter. The only down side is perhaps the desserts are a bit average.

They keep their beer very well guest ale wise and a nice selection of lagers. Friendly bar staff (Andrew makes a point of coming over to say hi now despite not knowing us that well!).

• Visited June 2014

Tregaron, United Kingdom
“excellent main meals”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

good service and good food, would have liked higher quality desserts to go with the top quality main!!

Visited May 2014
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great food and great friendly service. Been here a few times now and can thoroughly recommend this restaurant. The staff are very friendly and attentive and the food is excellent. My personal recommendation is the liver and bacon but all 5 of us enjoyed our food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dendanjims
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Pleasant atmosphere, pub food ok.”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We Booked for Sunday lunch, the restaurant was clean and had a very nice atmosphere. The food arrived hot and was nicely presented, we did however have quite a long wait. I would have liked the chips to have been home made instead of oven chips, but that's because I value the home cooked style of dining. Overall I would rate this experience as good pub grub.

• Visited May 2014
Upminster, United Kingdom
“Best meal for years!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were recommended this pub by the people who ran the B & B we stayed in. The food was absolutely first rate. I had cod and chips, a huge portion of fish which was fried to perfection in the lightest batter I have ever had, absolutely delicious. I was told that they are supplied from fish merchants in nearby Aldburgh, and have no reason to doubt that. Apparently the beef is also locally sourced too. My wife really enjoyed her salmon fillet as well, all in all, full marks to a real gastropub! They had some very decent real ale too, just to round off a perfect evening dining experience. Good for parking, clean and very nice staff. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014