“Perfect place for a special occasion”
Review of Satis House Hotel

Satis House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yoxford
Reviewed 11 October 2013

From the moment you walk through the door at Satis house you are made to feel welcome! The staff are friendly, attentive and knowledgable in the food and wine. We were shown jt our table once our starters were ready - the Asian platter is to die for! We both followed with the belly pork which was simply stunning and the creme brûlée served flambé at the table finished off a perfect meal perfectly! Well done Satis house 10/10 again and always thoroughly recommended by us!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed at Saris House for a couple of days with a group of twenty friends on a walking trip. Saris House oozes style and the food was quite superb. Service was as good as it gets and a model for other hotels to follow. The owners were very visible and always happy to help. Our bedroom was quite small but very cosy and comfortable. This is a perfect hotel for visiting Aldeburgh, Woodbridge and the region.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Myself and my husband have recently returned from a weekend break at Satis House. This is a truly stunning hotel and I couldn't find fault with one single thing, infact I didn't want to leave!! Both David, Kevin and all of their staff are polite, helpful, friendly, professional and nothing is to much trouble for them. On first impressions you instantly get that "wow" factor and I have to say it continued throughout our stay, the rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean, modern and comfortable. The food was amazing and well worthy of awards, the restaurant was packed on both evenings and that says alot about the service and the food, likewise the breakfast was 1 of the best we had ever tasted, the produce was of very high quality and cooked to perfection.
I was more than a little star struck meeting both David and Kevin after they had appeared and won "Four in a bed" but they were both so lovely and friendly and were happy to have their photo taken with me too. Every single guest is treated with the greatest respect and made to feel special, just what you need for a lovely weekend away. We will without a doubt be returning, even though for us the journey is approx 4.5 hours but it is very much worth it. I cannot speak highly enough of this place and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone and everyone. The Satis House is certainly a little piece of heaven......

Room Tip: We stayed in The Orangery which was totally gorgeous, very quiet and plenty of space.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in a superior double room and it certainly was! Beautifully decorated and appointed. The hospitality tray included a teapot and a cafetiere AND fresh milk in a flask in the mini fridge. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them.
There is no lift but the stairs were easy to climb and our cases were taken up for us.
The food was excellent!
We shall definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I've just read the last review and am sitting in our beautiful 'pod' (may well be the same one described) and I cannot believe they are talking about the same place?!?!
This place is heaven. From the moment you walk in, you're treated like VIPs and if you're returning, then you're treated like long lost friends (who happen to also be VIPs).
I can't think of a single negative about Satis house hotel I really can't.
This is our 4th visit here and we thought we'd try one of the garden pods having tested out the fabulous main house rooms previously. We weren't disappointed.
The room (garden pod) Blythburgh is simply beautiful. A huuuuuge bed and super comfy. The room is as clean as a whistle and the bathroom is modern and well designed.
I'm sat on said huuuuuge comfy bed right now looking out on to the sunny walled garden and thinking how idyllic it is.
I loved the walk to the main house for our delicious breakfast, and used the well appointed (and lit at night) footpath, but had I have chosen to walk accross the fresh, dewy manicured grass to breakfast I would have simply enjoyed nature at it's finest!
The food was, as ever, inventive, well presented, and delicious.
The service, is completely faultless and David and Kevin are total sweethearts.

It depends what ticks your box I guess, but if you love a stunning location, fabulous food, beautiful bedrooms and the feeling that your visit was both appreciated and welcome then head to Satis house ASAP! X

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank TROLLEYDOLLYCROWLEY
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Following other reviews we looked forwarded immensely to our 4 day break at what was according to others a wonderful hotel. How disappointed we were. Our room was in what was described as a 'Pod and the Southwold room.' at the bottom of the garden, this was accessed across a lawn which meant wet feet from the dew on the lawns as there were no footpaths and very little lighting, unless one walked the perimeter of the walled garden. Cleanliness was an issue as sleeping on mattresses that don't have protectors on is disgusting. I do not want to share bodily fluids from other guests !!! From a hygiene point of view protectors on pillows and mattresses are an essential not a luxury. Pillows were flat and not supportive at all, I was delighted I had the foresight to take my own, also the bed was like a hammock, having a hole in the middle. We had the usual drinks available in the room and fresh milk was a good point, however we ate the biscuits on day one and neither these nor the toiletries were replenished. Breakfast was fine for my husband who stated the full English was good. I was left with the remnants of fresh fruit and when I asked for porridge was given a bucket full.
The evening menu was not very inspiring for someone staying four nights, there were only 5 choices of main course and to have only one fish dish available so close to the coast is unbelievable. I feel this restaurant catered to ' local' people out for the night, but for someone staying 4 nights was way over priced and as stated restricted in choice.
Service on the other hand was good, prompt and efficient. The owner David, was very friendly and charming. All in all we feel it is trying to be something that it isn't, it is neither a country house hotel nor is it a boutique hotel and sadly lands somewhere in the middle. I do feel with very little effort and some thought as to people staying for a while, rather than out for the night, this could be a much better establishment. The house itself was historically very interesting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngelaMG52
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Excellent customer service throughout the whole weekend. Every member of staff was friendly and acknowledge you. Loved our room see photos, we requested it to be away from the main building and we overlooked the lovely garden area. We went away with a large group of friends and had our own dining room and lounge, so we didnt disturb other guests. I did get a chance to peek at other rooms, which range from the grand four poster traditional room, with modern bathroom, to garden pod which is cool throughout and include coffee machine and ipod player, which our room the Walberswick didnt include. The Walberswick has a large antique roll top bath with in the largest bathroom we saw, it hasnt been modernised and so is more victorian traditional with a good heater. It has bare brick walls and modern tree wall paper. Giant bed as it seemed to be two singles zipped together and it was very comfortable with lovely bedlinen. I liked the fact that you had fresh milk with your tea on arrival, nice touch. Dinner was delicious and considering there were about 30 of us, it all arrived hot and we had a lot of choice, I had the lamb. The breakfast is excellent, the traditional cooked the bacon was thick and sweet, good portions and plenty of hot tea and coffee.( One thing to note is that it is among a wood and there are very noisy rooks that woke us up very early in the morning so bring earplugs. )

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yoxford
The Westleton Crown
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
Wentworth Hotel
Wentworth Hotel
#1 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to Satis House Hotel? Share your experiences!