Satis House Hotel
  • Restaurant
Randolph Hotel(Southwold)
Blyth Hotel(Southwold)
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teasteakattention to detailgarden roomscallopsmini barthe main housefour poster bedfollowing morningcountry housegreat foodroll top bathfresh milkbusy roadnothing is too much troubleone night staygroupon voucher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Four years ago my son and his wife had the Satis House Hotel as their wedding venue and we all stayed over. It was a very enjoyable experience and we promised ourselves we would go back for a meal. Tonight we did that and were not disappointed.

The food is beautifully presented and just melts in your mouth. I had the 5 spiced duck and I can truthfully say it was the best duck I have ever tasted. My husband had Blythburgh pork (a local organically reared pig) which was tender and very tasty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We simply had a one night DB&B package but the attention we received from each & every member of staff we came across was excellent. The whole package exceeded our expectation & I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel in a very picturesque part of Suffolk.

Room Tip: We were in the Orangery room adjacent to the main hotel but the room itself was excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This is a little gem of a hotel. Wonderful staff. So well trained. Delicious food. The hosts are charming and nothing too much trouble. We had our dog with us and stayed in The Orangery to the side of the main hotel. This was a great room as we didn't stress if she barked a little when we went to dinner and left her alone. The Orangery is a little tired decor wise but the huge comfy bed meant a great nights sleep. We will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HethEngland
Reviewed 6 March 2014

From our warm welcome on arrival to the superb breakfast the following morning, I could not fault Satis House for its quality and service.

The room was luxurious and warm with lots of nice little touches, a lovely modern bathroom with big fluffy towels and one of the comfiest hotel beds I have ever slept in! The food was divine, they dealt with my dietary requirements with the smallest of fuss and the staff were friendly and attentive at all times, without ever being too "in your face".

All in all one of the best hotels I have stayed in, and I look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Middleton room which was lovely - very roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night on a DBB deal, and really could not fault this accommodation. From checking in to checking out, the staff were attentive, accommodating and friendly.Our evening meal was to die for, and I agree with a previous reviewer, the belly pork must be just about the best you will ever taste! Little touches, like "proper" tea and coffee, teapot, cafetiere, cups and saucers (not the ghastly pot mugs that you get in most hotels), Kitkat instead of bourbon and custard creams! Proper milk in the mini bar, along with complimentary cold water. Comfy beds, hot shower and a super breakfast made our stay at Satis House as good as it gets. We loved every minute, and would highly recommend.

One thing - if you are travelling by train (Darsham Station - which is only a stone's throw away from the hotel), it might be an idea to, either book Darsham taxis beforehand, or contact the hotel and ask them to arrange for a taxi to pick you up from the station. We arrived at the station, telephoned the taxi company, and got an answering machine!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple