Satis House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$223
The Crown Hotel(Framlingham)
Toprooms.com
The Crown(Southwold)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsafternoon teasteakattention to detailgarden roomscallopsmini barthe main housefour poster bedfollowing morningcountry housegreat foodroll top bathfresh milkbusy roadnothing is too much troubleone night staygroupon voucher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My Brother-In-Law took the whole family to your hotel this weekend to celebrate his birthday. We all agreed it was very friendly and relaxed and nothing we asked for was too much trouble. The décor is beautiful and the grounds are stunning with plenty of places to sit and enjoy them while enjoying afternoon tea. The menu is an invitation to try everything and the food was stunning and creatively presented. I have to say that I would highly recommend the Satis Hotel to anyone, it is Fab-U-Lous. Thanks guys and a very big thank you to Emma-Louise and all the staff.

Room Tip: The Framlingham has a balcony overlooking the gardens to the front and has a beautiful 4 poster bed. But all of the rooms are well appointed and gorgeously decorated
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Don't mean to be negative but after reading all the rave reviews I was really disappointed with my stay. Bad points sash windows wouldn't close properly,2 broken windows, uneven broken floor boards and a really pathetic shower ,mini bar prices are a rip off. ate in the pub just round the corner as the menu didn't do it for me.

Good points,fresh coffee and milk in the fridge and only staying one night.Would I stay again NO

Room Tip: Consider a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank tikkasizzlerlover
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came here for afternoon tea, the place was very nice. Outside was very well kept, and inside was very nicely decorated with modern facilities. Food and service could not have been better. Shame we didnt get to spend too long here, although I am sure we will be back. Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GunnyBon
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel set in wonderful grounds with a good position for exploring the wonderful Suffolk coast.
My wife and I stayed in one of the fairly new "pods" situated at the far end of the attractive,well-kept gardens and what a delight it was! Very well-appointed and very private.
The main house is very tastefully decorated giving a feeling of luxury but at the same time feeling very comfortable
The service was excellent from first to last and I have no hesitation in giving it my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank paul c
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A smaller country house hotel set back from the main A12, in its own well maintained grounds. We had the Middleton room on the first floor at the front of the hotel, with nice views over the hotel grounds. Good sized room, nicely furnished in keeping with the style of the hotel and well maintained with the appearance of having recently been decorated. Good sized well maintained bathroom with all the usual facilities, only minus point was the very long wait for hot water to arrive at the shower (several minutes) and the flow rather weak. Traffic noise from the adjacent A12 can be heard but was not intrusive.
Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, we had a plate of hot and cold smoked salmon prepared in different ways,together with a scotch egg based on a quails egg, all very good quality and nicely presented. My wife had sea bass and I had a veal chop again very good quality, nicely cooked and well presented, followed by very good desserts. Comprehensive wine list at fair prices.
Breakfast was served in a function room at the front of the hotel. Buffet table of starters and fruit juices was adequate, but limited range. Excellent range of main courses all cooked to order, very good quality, nicely cooked and well presented.
Our first stay at this small hotel (12 bedrooms), but we found it excellent and certainly one to return to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple