All reviews the bus luxembourg airport one night short stay free parking highly recommend this hotel tea and coffee the staff were extremely helpful place to sleep couple of nights city centre comfy bed croissants shampoo soundproofed kettle euro
Reviewed 15 March 2013

2 Nnghts stay here. Rooms are a little compact, but clean. Location is very close to the airport, but quite a way out of the city center.
Breakfast was included in the price and was very basic. Didn't eat there in the evenings. Next door there is a Chinese restaurant, which serves the worst Chinese food i have ever had.
There is some resteration work going on at the hotel (improving the dining room) which during the day time made it very noisy. I had to work in my room for most of the time I was there, so the noise was somewhat of a hinderence.
Staff were always helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Intervoice
Reviewed 12 March 2013

My wife and I were caught in a somewhat ugly snow storm last night as we made our way from Amsterdam to Luxembourg by car. This pushed our ETA to the Campanile Luxembourg Airport from approx 22:30 to 01:00 of the following morning. Our late arrival was compounded by our GPS (a Garmin) not being able to locate "22 Rue de Treves" in its database, so we drove past the hotel a couple times (very bad visibility in the snow storm) before we found our home for the night.

The parking area is one giant decline as you enter, and the combination of the fresh snow and the minus 4 temperature turned the entire parking lot into a slippery slope which was pretty treacherous for our tiny Hyundai rental car that didn't have any snow tires. So my wife and I were both delighted when the night attendant came out and helped us find and safely navigate to a parking spot in the over-full parking lot. Checkin was a breeze and we were at up to our room in about 2 minutes. Only disappointment here is that the downstairs lobby heavily stinks of cigarette smoke.

Our room was spacious, clean, and features neat and modern furniture. I think we had a room designed with handicapped visitors in mind, as the bathroom is huge, and has an open shower with a stool, and some other indicators of having the mobility impaired in mind. Shower was great, but the sink is weird given that it is motion activated. This is more annoying than you might imagine - as you cannot adjust the water pressure which is extremely high (and noisy) and we would find ourselves spraying water everywhere on accident if, for example, we dropped something in the sink and reached down to pick it up or if leaning into the mirror caused a towel or shirt or something to trigger the sensor.

WiFi works extremely well on Mac and PC (amazing to me how the quality of WiFi always decreases as the cost and star-rating of a hotel increase).

This is all enought to give a 4 of 5 review. This last comment does not affect my score, but it is disappointing. The hotel is remodeling the restaraunt which is on the ground floor. According to a sign in the lobby, the remodel will take place from March 11 (yesterday - boo) until the end of May. Very loud hammering, drilling and banging around of all varietys commenced sharply at 8:00 AM. Not cool! The purpose of our visit is for my wife to have a job interview in the afternoon and the combination of the snow storm/GPS delaying our arrival by 2.5 hours and the construction preventing us from sleeping for an extra hour or two in the morning (all events that are unique) mean that we're both un-rested for the day. UPDATE - management did offer us a two complementary cappucino's in apology for the noise - they prooffered this voluntarily as we did not make any complaites about the noice - which is a nice gesture.

Room Tip: We are in room 223 which has the very large bathroom, open shower, and strange motion-sensored sink.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WBH007
Reviewed 3 February 2013

On the travel this hotel is good to stay plenty parking.good buffet diner. Very large many choices
Far from town near airport.reasoneble price for luxembourg .the rooms are updated and very nice
Internet free now. Breakfast not included.

Room Tip: Nothing to say on the way passing by good hotel all rooms are the same.modern with coffee and thea set
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed here for three nights on our way back home from Germany. We'd been to Luxemburg City before, when this hotel's predecessor was over the road, so we knew that we wanted somewhere with a good bus service into the centre. We were comfortable in this hotel and the food was very good. We will use it again.Luxemburg city is vibrant, modern, rich (it has a lot of EU institutions and other financial services). It has an old part too. It runs the 'Music in the City@ programme most summers and we listened to modern jazz in the main town square on a couple of evenings - great.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I've been travelling to Luxembourg now for 3 years and I've stayed at the Campanile twice a year for the past 2 years.And have already booked for my return in December.
They have decorated and re-vamped since my last visit and it looks great.
What hasn't changed is the family type atmosphere. It's a bit like coming back to visit old friends. It's always a good sign when you notice that staff in an establishment haven't changed for a few years.
The food is good and they have a great selection of desserts.....just wait until you see what is on offer!
The new showers in the bedrooms are power showers and fantastic to get you going in the morning. The hotel is quiet and as yet I haven't been disturbed at night by noisy guests or other intrusions on the peace and quiet. Within walking distance to the airport, though the hotel do offer a shuttle service and will pick you up and drop you back in good time for your flights.
The beds are not large, but are adequate. I've always stayed in a twin bedded room so I can't comment on the other rooms.
What I can comment on though is the helpfulness of the staff. Nothing is too much trouble.
For value for money, a comfortable night, good food, friendly staff and spotless accommodation I would certainly recommend the Campanile.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business