“Well worth a visit”
Review of Colesbourne Inn

Colesbourne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Colesbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here in March 2014 - had room 4. The room was nicely decorated and furnished, and the bathroom was spotless. The food, both evening meal and breakfast, was excellent - freshly cooked and served hot. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and Liz and her husband obviously run the place very well. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bagabargain

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here Saturday-Monday in early March and had a lovely time. Staff were very friendly and checked us in swiftly. Our room (7) was small but nicely decorated with a comfortable bed and tea/coffee making facilities. Being coffee drinkers we liked that we were given a cafetiere and fresh coffee in a vacuum sealed bag. The bathroom isn't the newest and the shower isn't very powerful, but it was clean and toiletries and towels were provided. We had two pillows each and a big duvet, and there were additional blankets in the wardrobe which we didn't need because the room was warm enough. A minor problem was the bedding. The pillow cover slipped off the pillow several times during the night and I had to pull it over the pillow again, which I didn't like. The duvet was also hanging out of the cover at the bottom. I would have preferred bedding that stays on the pillows and duvet.

We got a good night's sleep on both nights but there is noise from the passing traffic on the road right outside the inn which we noticed especially on Monday morning. This wasn't a big problem for us but if you're looking to escape the city and are after the peace and quiet of the countryside this place might not be for you. We could also hear people speaking and watching TV in other rooms but luckily the other guests were very considerate during our stay and there was no late night partying going on, so this didn't bother us either. I could hear one of the other guests snoring during the night which annoyed me but noise insulation just isn't the inn's strong point. Service, however, is. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful during our stay. We ate in the restaurant both nights and enjoyed the food very much. The lamb burger is easily the best lamb burger I've ever eaten, and although the food is expensive, the portions are generous. If you like your beef, do make sure to eat the boeuf bourguignon. Breakfast was also very generous and there was plenty to choose from, not just your standard English breakfast but salmon, eggs benedict and porridge and as much cereals and fruit as you want. Staff also happily accommodated my special breakfast requests swapping items on the menu. The three open fires in the pub are fantastic and although we'd planned to eat somewhere else the second night we just couldn't resist the warmth and comfort and drank our ale at the inn on both nights. Would happily visit again for both food and sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Fabulous food with very welcoming staff. Beautiful scallops on Stornaway black pudding with shellfish sauce.

it was exceptionally well run by a Geordie couple who went that extra mile and we would thoroughly recommend this little countryside gem. Deluxe room was very comfortable with a nice bathroom.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Spent 3 nights at the Colesbourne and had a very pleasant time. The room/bathroom was well decorated, clean and nicely furnished. Extra towels were supplied when asked for and the room was very comfortable. We had 2 evening meals for 2 and Saturday lunch for 3. Both evening meals were delicious well cooked and presented we paid just under £50 for each meal and that was including a bottle of wine. It was a good job we had booked a table for Saturday and the restaurant was packed. I was slightly disappointed with this meal steak & ale pie which was a meat stew with separately cooked pie top. Unluckily for me I had very little meat but lots of small onions and mushrooms the others with me however had quite a lot of meat which was tasteful. We found the staff helpful and pleasant. We will return and I fully recommend the Colesbourne.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and the people above could be heard moving around.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to watch the cheltenham Races, at arriving at the inn we were very impressed, such a pretty place, we went in and was met by a nice enthusiastic young man who give us our keys. We stayed in room 9,the deluxe room and weren't disappointed, beautifully decorated and well equipped.
Both nights we ate at the restaurant, the food was faultless with a good specials board, the only fault we have is with the Management, quite miserable and couldnt go out of his way to speak to anyone only the regulars that propped themselves at the bar, when collecting plates ge didn't try to make any conversation what so ever!!. The breakfast was lovely too. The rooms are quite noisy at night with the passing traffic and you can hear next door talking, the TV on etc but the bed was comfy.
I would stay at the hotel again the only thing I would say though is to Trevor to smile a bit, life is too short

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank we_love_holidays48
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I revisited the Colesbourne Inn after two year gap and found it to be just as good as our first visit. Our room was very clean and comfortable and tastefully decorated.
The Inn is full of character and Cotswold charm, with real fires to enjoy in the bar and restaurant. As a real ale fan I’m pleased to report that the beer is well kept and served at the right temperature.
I’m pleased I booked a table for the Saturday evening as the restaurant was full (always a good sign I think) and there was a lovely atmosphere. There is a good selection on the menu and the food is excellent (I can highly recommend the Pheasant) all complemented by a nice choice of wines and finished off with coffee and brandy sitting back in the bar by the fire.
The Manager / his wife and their staff are very welcoming and can’t do enough to help and were more than happy to advise on local attractions and information.
To summarize, we had a great stay and I would highly recommend The Colesbourne Inn to anyone, whether its for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

6 of us stayed in 6 separate rooms at the Colesbourne Inn last May.We go away every summer for a week's golf every year,so we know exactly what we want and what we like.
The Colesbourne Inn was superb.A great location,good parking,great food,good beer, hearty breakfasts served early when needed.
All of our rooms were very good and cleaned spotlessly every day.The food menu was very good,although perhaps a little on the pricey side for some choices.But choose 2 for 1 nights, and they are very good value.

Room Tip: Rooms fronting the car park are no problem.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colesbourne
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#2 of 21 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Abbots Grange
Abbots Grange
#3 of 29 in Broadway

Been to Colesbourne Inn? Share your experiences!