We stayed at the Plough Inn at Ford in the Cotswolds for two nights in December 2007. We chose it because we had eaten a splendid Sunday lunch there last time we were in the Cotswolds, and we noticed the accommodation was rated 4 stars by the AA. Our trip this time was disappointing - the food was very good again, but the accommodation, although nicely decorated, was too small to be comfortable. But for us the biggest downside were the locals - they were not only decidedly unfriendly, a couple were downright hostile. Verdict: fine to pop in for a meal, but not for a weekend. And stay out of the public bar - you won't be welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are a countryside-lover, sports-fan or race-goer, The Plough Inn at Ford makes a perfect base for exploration of The Cotswold's.Bed & Breakfast facilities are resplendent in a fresh coat of paint and Craig and Becky are proud to announce the award of 4 Diamonds for guest accommodation from both the Heart of England Tourist Board and the AA since taking over the pub.B & B accommodation is provided in the Tallot. This quaint cobble-stoned building once used as a hayloft with stabling below for two- and four-legged visitors has now been converted to provide separate, comfortable accommodation for the modern visitor.Three comfortable en-suite (shower) rooms are available, beamed and differently shaped in true Cotswold fashion. Two family (double and a single bed) rooms and a double room arrangements are offered. We operate a non-smoking policy in our B&B accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Plough Inn at Ford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Inn At Ford Hotel Temple Guiting
- The Plough Inn At Ford Temple Guiting, Cotswolds - Gloucestershire