We stayed here for one night on Good Friday as part of a 65 mile walk through the Cotswolds taking in all 15 pubs in the Donnington Brewery chain. We arrived at The Plough after a 15 mile walk from The Fox at Great Barrington, via The Black Horse at Naunton (indifferent reception - seemed oblivious to the existence of their own brewery's long distance walk) The Farmers Arms at Guiting Power (inexplicably closed on a bank holiday), and The Halfway House at Kineton (just closing to prepare for a disco that night....disco?? This is 2012 isn't it??).
So The Plough was a welcome change, friendly welcome, cheerful staff, good beer and a jolly atmosphere. I would say the advertised "Luxury" accommodation was a little overstated - I am not sure a 14" tv and pine furniture really constitutes 'luxury' but the room was comfortable enough if a little cold despite turning the heating up.
The food was good (though a little pricey) and our waiter, who had only been there a couple of days, was very charming and friendly. In these days of indifferent, and sometimes sullen, service he was just great and I am sure he will prove to be a huge asset to The Plough and I hope the management recognise this.
The cooked breakfast was fine but there was a strange lack of options on the buffet table, only juice and mini box cereals... no fresh fruit, grapefruit segments, prunes, yoghurt etc I think at £80 a night this is a little mean and it was definitely the least well stocked breakfast display of our holiday.
Our dog was made very welcome too which was one of the reasons we stayed here and everyone was very tolerant of him sleeping soundly in inconvenient places i.e. doorways.
We would stay here again for the friendliness and general relaxed atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are a countryside-lover, sports-fan or race-goer, The Plough Inn at Ford makes a perfect base for exploration of The Cotswold's.Bed & Breakfast facilities are resplendent in a fresh coat of paint and Craig and Becky are proud to announce the award of 4 Diamonds for guest accommodation from both the Heart of England Tourist Board and the AA since taking over the pub.B & B accommodation is provided in the Tallot. This quaint cobble-stoned building once used as a hayloft with stabling below for two- and four-legged visitors has now been converted to provide separate, comfortable accommodation for the modern visitor.Three comfortable en-suite (shower) rooms are available, beamed and differently shaped in true Cotswold fashion. Two family (double and a single bed) rooms and a double room arrangements are offered. We operate a non-smoking policy in our B&B accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Plough Inn at Ford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Inn At Ford Hotel Temple Guiting
- The Plough Inn At Ford Temple Guiting, Cotswolds - Gloucestershire