We stayed just one night as usual in conjunction with attending Prescott Speed Hillclimb near Gotherington. This was our fourth visit to The Plough.
There are only three letting rooms, and we're now familiar with them all. None has a bath, only good showers. Rooms are spotless, although it being an old building (across the courtyard from the pub) the floors are a bit uneven. It all adds to the character of the place.
As we were there in the asparagus season this time we made it the centrepoint of our meals, and had very generous portions as starters and with our fish main courses. On this occasion the service was impeccable, we were greeted by friendly and efficient waitresses who looked after us very well indeed. Our bottle of Chablis was also very good.
Once more we left promising to return when we're next at Prescott as a spectating couple (usually I'm there unaccompanied as a track marshal).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are a countryside-lover, sports-fan or race-goer, The Plough Inn at Ford makes a perfect base for exploration of The Cotswold's.Bed & Breakfast facilities are resplendent in a fresh coat of paint and Craig and Becky are proud to announce the award of 4 Diamonds for guest accommodation from both the Heart of England Tourist Board and the AA since taking over the pub.B & B accommodation is provided in the Tallot. This quaint cobble-stoned building once used as a hayloft with stabling below for two- and four-legged visitors has now been converted to provide separate, comfortable accommodation for the modern visitor.Three comfortable en-suite (shower) rooms are available, beamed and differently shaped in true Cotswold fashion. Two family (double and a single bed) rooms and a double room arrangements are offered. We operate a non-smoking policy in our B&B accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Plough Inn at Ford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Plough Inn At Ford Hotel Temple Guiting
- The Plough Inn At Ford Temple Guiting, Cotswolds - Gloucestershire