“Excellent!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coberley
The Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Coberley B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

What can I say that has not already been said?
I was welcomed by the lady of the house with tea, cake, fresh strawberries and blue berries in the residents lovely sitting/dining room.
My bedroom was, quiet and very large and looked out over the stream.
The bathroom was also very big - excellent for cleaning up after a day on the Cotswold way.
The breakfast was the best on the whole trip.

Tips - don't eat at the Seven Spings pub. Take the owners offer of a lift.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We walked the Cotswolds over 9 nights and this was the best B & B we stayed. Penny is a natural host and desrves a lot of credit. Very welcoming B&B and I would recommend to anyone. It is slightly off the trail but I know if we'd called, we would have been collected. Thank you for the lift and back to the restaurant.

Great breakfast and service. Thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were part walking the Cotswold Way and stayed here. It's slightly off the way, which when we were at the end of the walk seemed important but that all faded when we got there. I know that David went off and picked up another couple who managed to get lost. I would say that you could stay here though whatever you are up to.

The room was lovely and the views were great. Penny was kind enough to wash our kit and have it all dry for the morning. We popped to the local pub for dinner and were chauffered back and forth by David.

We had a bathroom down the hall but there was robes in the room so we shuffled down and made use of the facilities. Nice big bath with plenty of hot water - was very welcome when we got there

Breakfast was fabulous - huge selection - fruit, cereals, toast and excellent cut breakfast - good quality ingredients clearly.

Penny is a wonderful hostess - I think they could be charging far more than they do currently so if you chose to stay at the B&B you would be getting a bargain.

Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Munich
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at the Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast for one night hiking the Cotswolds Way. Having had a tough day out there hiking Penny and David just made me feel at home and patched me up again. You can't think of more lovely, thoughtful and helpful persons than them. They welcomed me with a cup of tea and some cake, gave me a lift to a Pub/restaurant close by where I had a very good meal and picked me up again, did some laundry for me,.... They also took personal interest in my person which made me feel very welcome and not "just another guest" like in so many big hotels.
The location of the house in midst of the fields is just beautiful and the room is nice as it could possibly be and spotlessly clean. I started again on the Cotswolds Way the next morning after a very yum breakfast and it was so relaxing there I felt like it was my first day on the road. If you ever walk the Cotswolds Way or get close to Coberley in any way, I highly recommend to stay at the Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Leicestershire
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed for a night as we were visiting family in the area. The room was delightfully furnished and the bed extremely comfortable. The ensuite is large and has a deep bath as well as a separate shower. The views are stunning and there is a lovely sitting room for guests too. Penny and David were welcoming, nothing was too much trouble, and our breakfasts were excellent. We will certainly return and can highly recommend this B+B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the ensuite room, didn't see the other room, which has a private bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
staines
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed for two nights in this excellent establishment,the hosts were courtesy personified, the food was excellent, the views excellent,perhaps the finest bed and breakfast we have stayed in.As McCarthur said we will return

Room Tip: All the rooms were excellent
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank 151293
Derbyshire
Reviewed 14 June 2011

If it is at all possible make sure you spend a night here whilst walking the Cotswold Way. The Old Post Office is delightful in every way. Penny and David do everything possible to make your stay unforgetable. We wouldn't have missed this for the world.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tonyball100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coberley
Royal George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cockleford
Colesbourne Inn
Colesbourne Inn
#1 of 1 in Colesbourne

Been to The Old Post Office Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!