River Rooms
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Grantham Hotel(West Bridgford)
Hostelworld.com
All reviewscity groundcommunal kitchentrent bridgecricket groundperfect locationstayed hereone nightnottingham city centrenight staycomfortable bedgood sizeon arrivalsuitecerealloungetaxifridge
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This hotel is cheap and basic, the rooms are small but reasonably comfortable. It's a good spot for one or two nights but it's not exactly a holiday location. Breakfast is described as "continental" which translates as just cereal and toast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JimmyBourne25
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Without any shadow of a doubt, this is the worst hotel my wife and I have stayed in. We were given a room on the top floor, but it's like a maze in there and took us 5 minutes to find it. The room is very basic, the bare minimum of facilities. The en-suite is just about big enough (toilet, hand basin and shower, no bath). The only reason I've awarded one * is that the bed was comfortable. The tv was really small, perched on a shelf way up in a corner of the room. We were woken at 2 in the morning by a 2 fellow residents singing at the top of their voices and it took at least 15 minutes before they were persuaded to keep quiet, and some of the language was colourful to put it politely.

It does state that breakfast is normally continental, so expectations weren't high. It was a bowl of cereal, a glass of juice and a couple of slices of tesco's cheapest for toast. The final straw came though, when one of the guys that caused the disturbance came down, no hint of an apology from either him or the host/landlord, and he was offered cooked food for breakfast! A service not offered to ourselves or any of the other guests that were at breakfast.

Finally, when we got back to the car, we found a couple of "keyed" scratchmarks on the bonnet of the car.

Room Tip: I doubt there is one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicostag
Reviewed 14 September 2012

three of us stayed here for work, we didnt chose the hotel our work did.
We arrived after doing a 12 hour shift and lots of travelling the staff was lovely and friendly.
As we got to our room we had four beds for two people which didn't make alot of sense. beds were comfy and had spare pillows, however our radiator was rusty would have took 5 mins to paint over it!! Our freeview worked but the radio channels would only work. Our friend that was in a separate room (male) he had two beds for one person, had a chair which we didn't have, his television was new ours was very old and his freeview all channels worked.

We thought this might have been depending on the price you pay or whatever but our company paid the same for all staff so it didn't make any sense.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lauraf91
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Reception man spoke little English didn't know what he was doing with paperwork or card payments, rude asking if we could pay on the same card to make it easier for him, was told our 2x single rooms had en-suite bathroom we had to share the toilet and shower that seemed miles from our rooms. The rooms was tiny not enough room to swing a cat, bed was broken, tv was held up by masking tape, bed felt damp, kettle wouldn't even trust it toilet water would of been possibly safer than that mucky old kettle,, shared shower was growing mould, the entire place smelt of burnt unpleasant greasy Chinese takeaway (no Chinese takeaway to my knowledge anywhere near the "hotel", cleaning staff rude, no hot water in the shower, keys are easy to be stolen as they're left on the front desk and anyone could access any room when you've gone out very insecure set up, nobody on reception. Breakfast we didn't even bother we went and had a look and walked away the breakfasts served in prison would of been better than that I imagine. All in all a very poor if you could call it hotel I'd more say it was hostel like or a prison cell. Location was good easy to access city centre via bus or taxi.

I would recommend not staying here and paying extra money and finding another hotel because I feel I was robbed that I paid to stay in a place that made me feel depressed and enclosed, good job I'm not claustrophobic or I'd of been in my box now and my funeral would be tomorrow. Seriously terrible hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank MatthewHuddersfield
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed just 1night on a quick visit to Nottingham. At registration the owner could not have been more helpful, explaining bus routes and directions in Nottingham plus the best local pubs etc. We had 2 rooms, 1 double and 1 single, both en suite and both perfectly acceptable and comfortable. Notices in the room and at reception explained the procedure for ordering cooked breakfast (at a supplement) but we were very satisfied with "continental style", more than adequate.The buses into Nottingham are every 10mins and stop about 30yards from the front door.For the more energetic like me Nottingham centre is less than 20 mins pleasant walk. All in all a fine place to stay at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends