“Two nights good sleep”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Bridgford
England
“Two nights good sleep”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two nights - Thursday to Saturday. Yes the room decoration is a little out of date but we had two good nights sleep in a very comfy bed. Stayed in Nottingham as we were attending an event at the capital fm arena, although not in town we were able to walk Into town and get a taxi back. Shower was great, as was the bath.

Breakfast was good. Didn't use the pool or gym as didn't have time. Will stay again x

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Haven't been Here for a while ! Took my wife down on Monday for a meal ! Got the the food was really good to a high standard a lot of flavours on the dish but they all went together met the saw the chef and gave him my compliments told him I'm coming back ! To try more !! Excellent nice staff good service too

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Conerhouse
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Reception was efficient and very helpful. Entered the room and immediately thought "This looks good" - spacious room - big bed and the room looked good even though the furniture was dark and a little dated.

Slept well and the hotel was quiet.

Supper was excellent and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Eric B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed for a night whilst seeing friends in the area. First impressions were very good - the public areas were modern and stylish and we received a friendly welcome from the two receptionists.

The room was nicely furnished and the decoration looked liked it was probably done in past couple of years. The room itself was on the small side, which was made more noticeable as its 2nd floor location meant it had a sloping ceiling from being in the eaves of the roof. The biggest grumble was that the walls were fairly thin - the guests next door appeared to have left their bathroom light on which meant we could hear the drone from their extractor fan all night.

The breakfast buffet was good for a hearty breakfast (herb sausages were very tasty!). For those not wanting the full English breakfast, a few other options would have been appreciated (e.g. pastries, bowl of fruit).

For a hotel of this type, an unexpected bonus was the spa and fitness area. It was great being able to have a swim in a decent pool that you would expect to find in more expensive hotels.

Overall, Beeches Hotel represent a good value for money option for a short stay in Nottingham area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed for two nights on a family business trip. Not expensive. Adequate but far from luxurious.

We paid extra for a larger room, but the one we were given was still very small. The towel heater in the bathroom was on when we arrived, and this made the whole room very hot. No air conditioning, so it took several hours for the room to cool down.

Breakfast was adequate, but no better. Decaffeinated coffee was available on request, but it is a shame it could not be there for those who wanted it. Eggs a little rubbery by the time we ate them on the first morning, but were much better as we were earlier on the second. The "drive-through" toaster produced toast that was uncooked on one side. Other than the cooked breakfast, everything tended to be very sweet so we asked for some marmite, but the hotel was unable to produce any. (A hotel in England, suitable for children, not able to produce some marmite ...!)

Free use of (very small) pool and (very small) steam room, which was welcome. Staff helpful at all times.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I booked a 4 night stay in a single room at The Beeches and put a small note on my booking form asking if there would be any breakfast available to me as I have a gluten intolerance. Within minutes I received a phone call from the hotel asking if I would like them to get some gluten free bread in for me.
On arrival at the hotel I was told that they had booked me into a double room instead of my single. The room was a good size just for me but could have done with a bit of updating. The furnishings were a bit battered and a lick of paint wouldn't go amiss. The shower cubicle had no seal on the bottom of the door which meant there was a puddle after each shower, but as I was supplied with a clean bathmat each day this was not a problem and was probably more of an annoyance to the housekeeping staff who had to take away a soggy mat each day. The bed was hard and the mattress sagged in the middle, but as I was on my own it didn't matter that I slept in the middle of the bed. The headboard was a little loose which again did not bother me but the same must have been true of my neighbours as I found out when they came in late on my first night, though by the sound of them they didn't even notice. Other than the selfishness of the people in the next room, who luckily for me only stayed for two of my nights, there was a lot of traffic noise which wasn't so bad during the night but started quite early in the morning. Obviously with the hotel being on a main road this is to be expected and did not stop me from keeping my bedroom window open for the whole of my stay.
Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and true to their word I was supplied with gluten free bread to toast myself. There was also a good choice of eggs, bacon, sausage etc as well as yogurts, cereals and all the fruit juice, tea and coffee you could drink. I had an evening meal in the bar during my stay which was excellent.
The staff were all friendly and very helpful - if only all hotels could employ staff like them. My room was always clean and tidy when I returned to it each evening and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the side and the rear of the hotel are quieter, even better if you get a room at the end of...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jackie M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have been in Nottingham for two nights and booked with The Beeches Hotel.
The location is OK with parking behind the hotel. Oscar`s restaurant is the breakfast place as well. The hotel is out of date, however I have seen signs of the effort to keep it updated with a very low budget.Once upon a time the furniture was a fantastic quality but now looks very old with a lot of scratches and tired upholstery presenting a mixture of style but not too disturbingly. The bed was a little bit too soft but in the mean time comfortable and very clean. The carpet is clean. I loved to walk barefoot up and down the room.The bathroom is clean and newly refurbished with cheap solutions. After all I liked my room which was at the second floor with a brick wall view, but at least provided privacy for the very hot night.There is an old, tired and small elevator which is doing the job like an old men with arthritis. I think was left back from the Fifty's. Once I have to use the staircase which is narrow. The Gym is up to date clean and air conditioned. The swimming pool is small but is not meant for an Olympic workout, only for a relaxing refreshing swim after a hard day. There is a Jacuzzi which I enjoyed after my exhausting day. The cuisine is fantastic. Well organized tasty breakfast , small but well selected menu list. I chose to have my dinner in my room which wasn't a problem and took exactly as long as the waiter promised, 15 minutes. The dinner was delicious presented on an old outdated set up. After all this accommodation is out of date but signs of ongoing improvements are all over the hotel. One of the best impression was the staff! They are very friendly, helpful, good professionals taking off the edge of outdated impression of the environment. Is a good value for money! When I have to go again to Nottingham University, defenitley I will stay there.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms at the second floor! First floor have some rooms without window. Rooms facing the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
The Nottingham Belfry - A QHotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#5 of 49 in Nottingham

Been to Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!