“Great place to stay”

Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in West Bridgford
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Great time had by me and all my colleagues.
Staff were very accommodating.
Rooms very good- although will need a refresh in a few years.
Gym was excellent
Wifi was slow but effective.
Will definitely return if back in the area for work or for pleasure.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TheBeechesHotel, Manager at Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave the hotel such positive feedback.

With the hotel hosting a number of business group bookings, we are delighted to hear that the staff used their experience to be as accommodating as possible.

We have many business clients staying on a weekly basis here, and it is nice to receive feedback from the business sector, especially as they do not often post reviews.

I look forward to seeing you or your colleagues again.

Kind regards,

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here over a weekend in a family room with our 2 children (9 and 14). The staff were young but very friendly and efficient and were great with the kids in the restaurant.
The downstairs is nicely furnished with plenty of chairs to lounge in and the restaurant was a much better standard than many hotels at this price would offer.
The upstairs is less well loved in terms of decor and furnishings but still clean and comfortable. The pool/leisure facilities were also very clean.
Have to say that this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in at this price level. Basic standards of service and cleanliness were excellent.

Room Tip: They contacted us just before our stay to tell us there was an evening event with a disco so I asked...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

The hotel does pride itself on its presentation, and the ability of the staff to interact with families.

With use of our gymnasium, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna all included within our rates, I was pleased to hear that you were able to make the most of these facilities,and found the cleanliness to be of a high standard.

I have passed your comments onto the team, who work so hard, and they look forward to seeing you once again.

With thanks,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here overnight whilst visiting my son at Uni. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel. It was clean and the public areas, reception, bar and restaurant were well presented, warm and welcoming.
The bedroom furniture was slightly dated, but spotlessly clean and the bed very comfortable indeed. Unfortunately the walls are very thin and I was woken in the night by a loud Frenchman...no offense to Frenchmen.

The breakfast was plentiful. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

I also visited the on site pool which was basic but really nice. I would definitely stay next time I visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for leaving us positive feedback.

Unfortunately some guests will not always be as considerate with noise levels as others at the hotel. The reception at the hotel is staffed 24 hours a day, so a member of staff is always available to assist you should you require it.

We pride ourselves on the atmosphere created within the public areas, and the service delivered from the staff to ensure all of our guests have the best experience possible.

We look forward to visiting the hotel again soon.

Kind regards,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed at The Beeches Hotel on a few occasions while working in the local area, and I have to say that I have found the hotel ideal for all of my needs.

The food is well presented, freshly made and very reasonably priced. With warm and welcoming staff, I have always found them to be extremely helpful, especially when adapting some dishes for my dietary needs.

As a regular gym goer I have found the onsite facilities well equipped and with the early opening I have been able to maintain my routine throughout my stay.

I normally stay in an Executive room, which I find to be spacious and well equipped. The reception staff are polite helpful, and friendly.

The breakfast I found to be plentiful and offered a good selection to choose from.

All in all I would have no reservations in recommending the hotel to anyone, and I will continue to stay on my visits to the area.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra and get an executive room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason L
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I came here last month to stay over night as I was heading on to a meeting up north, I wish I hadn't. After a long day at work I was greeted at the bar by a snotty & ignorant waitress who had no customer service skills what so ever. After checking in at my room I decided to eat, the food was decent however the standards of the hotel and the staff are extremely poor. For example I ordered a coffee at the bar and was told it would be brought over, I waited 17mins due to the rude waitress and a 'manager' talking at the bar, when I recieved my coffee it was cold, I complained to the waitress who huffed and puffed. Obviously too much effort so I retired to my room where I slept and left as early as I could. I would NOT stay here again!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
TheBeechesHotel, Manager at Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear gingypongo

We were very concerned to read this review and would like to ask you to contact the hotel to advise us of the date of your stay in order that we can locate the staff and incident you are referring to.
As you can see from the vast majority of reviews, we have very well trained, friendly and helpful staff, and with this in mind, we are struggling to identify anyone of them as being ‘snotty and ignorant’. This is a very personal comment, which along with your one star rating, has prompted us to check our CCTV footage and EPOS sales, but we cannot see this event on either. We note your profile shows you to be from the area, so hope you will not find it an inconvenience to assist us.

Regards
The General Manager
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I happend to stay one night in this hotel. Room which I have stayed was small and there were a lot of dirty marks on the walls. So I can't say it was clean hotel. The walls also very thin so you can hear people walking, talking, singing etc so no good night sleep. Would I stay again, definitely not.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have stayed here twice now and will continue to do so. It has excellent facilities including a gym and swimming pool and the breakfast is always very good. The rooms are clean and tidy although some are a little small, but if you want a few nights near the city then this is excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
#1 of 49 in Nottingham
Colwick Hall Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel
#7 of 49 in Nottingham

Been to Beeches Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!