“Ok place to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of County Hotel

County Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Bridgford
County Hotel
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Ok place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

2 Couples arrived on a Sat Evening. Rooms were clean and spacious, 2 single beds pushed together.
Excellent location just minutes from everything.
Lots of choice for breakfast, only served between 7am and 9am.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor, the stairs to the 2nd floor looked steep so ask for 1st floor room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marv66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Blackwood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Booked this B and B on line after looking for a location for myself and my husband for an over night stay.
when we got there we were shown through, the first thing that hit me was the smell !!!! and that was before we got to our room, we were shown upstairs and what we witnessed had to be seen to be believed !!!!
Our double room was in fact two single beds pushed together, the bedding was tatty and not very clean. My husband wanted a cup of tea and we had to wash the cups before making it as they were dirty,the walls were filthy as was the rest of the room, the toilet seat was broken, the flush didn't work properly, the tap wouldn't turn off and the sink was badly cracked.The curtains and light fittings looked as though they hadn't been changed in 30 years!!Also the carpet was filthy and very badly fitted.
about 2 hours after our arrival my husband started being violently sick !!!! To the extent that we decided to leave, I went to find someone in reception but there was no one available, I had a look in the dining room and was shocked to see that there was bowls of breakfast items were left out!!!
Not being able to find anyone I telephoned, finally someone came out, I explained that my husband was ill, and we were leaving, all I can say is that this person was BEYOND RUDE !!!!
He commented that we had a nice room , when I tried to explain the problems we had encountered, instead of listening and making a comment on constructive criticism, he turned around and shut the door in my face!!!! This room cost us £70 and am convinced it was something to do with the tea that made made my husband ill, as until then we had eaten and drunk exactly the same things.
If you want value for money I would advise you book a travel lodge or similar, you have been warned, avoid this establishment I would sleep on the street before going there again !!!!

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
18 Thank Tracey P

Travellers are raving about these West Bridgford hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Lovely place to stay, rooms of good size and all the amenities you would expect, good value and the breakfast is the perfect way to set you up for the day. Close to buses to the city, and various good local pubs

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Buxton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights when the other B & Bs I use in the area were not available. Very clean rooms, good separate bathroom and excellent breakfast. Owners are very friendly. I will definitely add this to my list of places to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike0210
South Elmsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I have spent the last few weeks here while working on the new tram project, its in a great location close to all things sporty and theirs plenty of interesting places to visit, trent bridge inn is a good place to start. The rooms are clean and tidy, the beds are comfy. cant fault the breakfast, plenty on offer and plenty of it. The hosts are friendly, made me feel very welcome. Next time im working in Nottingham, this is the place l will be stopping at....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Carl P
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

When we got there we had to pay straight away, the lady host didnt look clean in herself. When we got up to the room we were very disappointed! There was dust behind the doors and on the skirting boards. The bathroom was very old, dirty and gruby. Very old and washed out bed sheets and towels. The carpet was old and worn. The whole feel of the room was unpleasant. Dont know why the tourist information board recommended this hotel. The breakfast was served by another gruby looking person which was off putting although the staff were very pleasant people. I wouldnt recomend this place to anybody!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Nick S
South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have spent the last six months 2 nights /week at the hotel. It is well positioned for Football, Cricket and watersports. The hotel is friendly and homely at a very reasonable price. I found the rooms to be well equipped and the beds surprisingly comfortable. The breakfast was generous with good variety, A hotel with character and I will return.

Room Tip: all rooms are similar a bit of a climb to 2nd floor rooms at the rear are quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Colwick Hall Hotel
Colwick Hall Hotel
#6 of 54 in Nottingham
Premier Inn Nottingham Castle Marina

Been to County Hotel? Share your experiences!