“Don't just drive past!”

Price range: US$21 - US$36
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Orchid restaurant, located right on Nottingham's Trent Bridge, is a family run restaurant offering mainly Chinese cuisine, but also a variety of other hand-picked South East Asian specialities. Diners can enjoy a wide range of family favourites, including Peking ribs, beef in black bean or sweet and sour pork, as well as a variety of spicier Szechuan dishes, fragrant Thai curries and stir-fries, rich Malaysian curries and Japanese grilled teriyaki dishes. There really is something for everyone on this menu, and satisfied customers rate both the tasty food, and the helpfulness of staff at The Orchid in creating meals for diners with special dietary requirements, especially gluten intolerance. The ambience is welcoming and fairly casual, and d��cor is modern and neutral. The Orchid's extensive wine list, as well as its proximity to public transport, mean this is an ideal spot to enjoy a few relaxing drinks with your meal, or to stop off after watching a match at nearby Trent Bridge cricket ground.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is one of the best Cantonese restaurants we've ever even at, for a long time we passed it by but once we visited we have returned again and again!
They have an 'all you can eat' deal which is head and shoulders above your average buffet style offering. Dishes are ordered from the menu and freshly prepared, the food is plentiful and extremely tasty. The meat and fish are of a high standard, there is plenty of choice - you will not be disappointed. The feel of the restaurant is intimate, the owners are friendly and attentive. Overall if you like Chinese food you will like the Orchid!

1  Thank TunaleyTrippers

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Ok, I admit, I'm a bit biased, as I'm friends with Steve the owner, but I have thoroughly enjoyed myself on both my visits here. I love that the menu takes its inspiration from a variety of Asian countries, rather than a single area. The range of dishes is bewildering at first, but Steve advised us to go for the taster menu, where we got to choose a wide range of different dishes. We are a family of foodies, and all of us thought the quality of food, and range of dishes to be superb. It was great that my other family members said that they would definitely come here again. Next time I'm in West Bridgford, I'll be back too.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Not the most glamorous place, but nice food, friendly service, and always a warm welcome. Good value for money.

1  Thank Arwen M
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Anyone who moans about this restaurant is obviously ignorant in Oriental cuisine. The food is perfectly cooked. Service is very quick and the staff and proprietors very friendly, We eat at various restaurants up and down the country. And i would have to say its by far my favourite for Cantonese. The all you can eat buffet is all freshly cooked to order, Not like most where lots of food is just laid out on hot plates. Very reasonable prices too.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Went in early doors on Saturday night for a meal and again it was just as good as always. Been here on several occasions and its always great food. Love the 80's/Motown music instead of the "pling pling" in most Chinese restaurants. I'm not a fish eater but my other half cant get enough of the Mussels, the best he has ever had. Keep up the good work....