“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilkhampton
Forda Lodges & Cottages
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed in one of the 'A' frames lodges (Helford) from 28.6. to 5.7.14. The site and facilities looked good from the web site and we were not disappointed. My son and I both fish and of the four lakes we mostly fished the top lake with the bigger carp in - we had plenty up to 10lb, many off the top with floating bread and dog biscuit, plus some float fishing using bacon grill. My wife enjoyed the on-site spa treatments and we made use of the swimming pool, table tennis and basket ball. Forda is a lovely site situated in a beautiful part of the country and we had the bonus of good weather for most of the week. Jim and Gillian were pleasant and helpful, as were the rest of the Forda team. Look forward to returning one day - peaceful and relaxing, a wonderful stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our third visit to Forda. A great welcome from Jim, Gillian and Jane as usual. All staff and amenities absolutely fantastic. The lodge Tamar, our usual accommodation was spotlessly clean and had all the little extras to welcome us. A great base for doing as much or as little as you want. The teenagers described the visit as like returning to a well loved home. The children loved the fishing with Colin, he gave them great instruction and showed lots of patience. On leaving both teenagers requested that we booked our return visit as usual. A great big thank you to all at Forda for a great two weeks, we have all returned home feeling refreshed.We will see you next year! Forgot to mention Sasha the dog who is still recovering from the beach and walks, she definitely had a great time as well.

The Hallam family

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Back again 10th or 11th year, we have lost count. Great fishing as usual. Still plenty to see & do. This year found fun archery range 20mins. away. If you like Dragons/Auks/Knights you will love this. Clay pigeon shooting just round the corner (country corner that is), with all the on site facilities we only managed the beach once.Jim Gillian, Jayne,Colin and Kayleigh were as friendly as ever. Excellent spa treatments as usual. Steak from the Butcher's in Kilkhampton well worth a try as is the Mixed grill in the London inn. If you like quirky try Wei's Kitchen (chinese) just down the lane.We have booked for next year and are taking the extended family. Plenty to do for all ages. Can't wait.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bridport
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed yet again 3rd time this year,Stayed in Camel A frame lodge which was impeccable as usual.It is very close to the fishing lakes with amazing views.We took our 3yr old springer spaniel Bertie, who gets very excited when he realizes where he is.My husband caught numerous carp at top lake whilst I walked Bertie,read sunbathed and saw kingfishers etc.
Gillian,Jim, Jayne,Colin and Vanessa were as friendly as ever. Bertie enjoyed numerous walks with their dog Buster every day.This place is so relaxing after running a hectic business just what we need to recharge our batteries,
We had some very good meals out at Tiandi in Bude and The London Inn and The Bush at Morwenstow, If you have never stayed here before then you should, Highly recommended for people of all ages whether you fish or just enjoy unspoilt beautiful surroundings, The swimming pool is great after a hard days fishing, sauna and spa treatments are also available.
Will be back soon,

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Falkirk District, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed in 'The Barn' for 2 weeks. Spotlessly clean, amazing accommodation...spent lots of time in the fab kitchen (the last place I want to spend time in at home!) Lots of good extras like dishwasher tabs, washing up liquid, hotel size soaps, shampoos and shower gels, as well as the abundance of the usual stuff like towels, linen etc....there were even kids footballs and surfing boards, windbreaks and buckets and spades! What can I say, I love the place! Always peaceful, great surroundings, Spa treatments well worth the money and Kayleigh knows exactly what she's doing. Fishing lessons from Colin were well worthwhile according to my boys, who appreciated his great advice and help and he has a lovely calm manner too! and fiishing lakes are really well stocked. Gillian and Jim are both really lovely - but Jim in particular I took a wee shine to! They spent time giving us good advice re eateries, places to visit etc and Jim went out his way (in my view) to give us extra info regarding train details, routes, and other extra info that he really needn't have.

Where the sun shines at The Barn, could do with a picnic table/ patio dining set or something along those lines - but hey, how picky am I being??

Have been travelling from central Scotland to Cornwall since my eldest was 3years old and hes now 16 - my goodness, I wish I had found Forda years ago....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were unable to go abroad due to a leg injury I had. This was a holiday that suited me as I could relax and my hubby could do some fishing. I even had a go and caught a few and hubby loved it as he caught on all four ponds. We had a lovely time and so traquil and relaxing. Had a couple of massages with Kayleigh which were very good. Gillian and Jim where excellent host and very friendly. The accommodation had everything you needed and was very clean and comfortable. Excellent find

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Welcomed by Jane, fishing with Colin and spa treatments from kayleigh.
My daughter was delighted to catch several good sized Carp, accommodation was very comfortable and very clean what a great place for a holiday, looking forward to going back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkhampton
Falcon Hotel
#1 of 3 in Poughill
Woodford Bridge Country Club
Woodford Bridge Country Club
#1 of 14 in Holsworthy

Been to Forda Lodges & Cottages? Share your experiences!