“Big family celebration didn't phase them at all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Boyne Arms

Boyne Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Burwarton
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Boyne Arms is a rare example of a large country pub that focuses on quality locally sourced food and service in a welcoming and comfortable environment, either in the less formal main bar area or the Dinning Room. Food is served at lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday and at Sunday lunch. The range of our menu feature fresh seasonal produce produced by the talented chefs in the Boyne Arms kitchen. The venue benefits from its secluded location amongst the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with access directly on to Brown Clee Hill from the pub and therefore is perfect for walks and short-breaks.
“Big family celebration didn't phase them at all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We booked The Boyne Arms to celebrate my grandmothers birthday. We were a big party but were welcomed with open arms from the minute we arrived. The dining room is decorated beautifully and looks very grand.

The menu is a little on the expensive side and the choice could be more varied. However, the portion sizes were massive! The steak filled half the plate! It was so big that most people couldn't finish it! Everyone was very pleased with their meal and everyone got exactly what they ordered, which surprised me as things can go awry when there's a big party!

The staff were helpful, kind, attentive and pleasant. Excellent customer service.

Charlotte, NC
“This is what England is all about!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My sisters and I were visiting Shropshire from the US and booked a custom tour through Shropshire Tours to see the places of our ancestors. (Huge kudos to them for a fantastic day!) I was so grateful for their expertise in the county because I would never have found Boyne Arms on my own! It was a perfect British summer day to sit in the back garden and enjoy a fantastic lunch and our pints of lager and cider. The food was excellent and my sister, who must be gluten-free, found an amazing array of g-f items on the menu! It was such a pleasant afternoon that we hated to leave, so if you plan to visit give yourself plenty of time to soak in the atmosphere. Many, many thanks to Martin and Ted of Shropshire Tours for taking us to this magical spot!

• Visited July 2014
UK
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

If u are staying at the Old Rectory nearby, it's a great place to eat without driving to Ludlow. Nice hosts and good food

Visited June 2014
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Sunday Dinner for 7”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

On a recommendation, we visited here 13th July for sunday dinner. we hadn't booked and the place was fairly busy with a large party and other groups. The lady who I think is the manager was very helpful and friendly and gave us a lovely big table. Kids loved the garden and it is a lovely big open space for them to play in with some dated climbing frames and slides that could do with some TLC. I was very impressed with the speed of service and we ordered 5 adult roasts and 2 children's which were all out in about 20 mins. Plenty of lovely veg, meat was nice but I thought let down by stale tasting roasties and packet stuffing. This may sound picky, but at 12.00 per head I think room for improvement. Deserts were OK, but again 6.30 for a bowl of ice cream, chocolate sauce and chopped nuts was in my opinion overpriced. Nice beer and cider choices and I reiterate, lovely people and great service..would recommend

• Visited July 2014
Shropshire
“Family frendly hostelry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a week day lunch time after readimng a review in the local paper
. It is a bit out of the way but worth the travelling. We sat in the plesant gardens. We had the crab salad which was excellent
Country pub excellent food