“Charming Cafe found at Balm Beach !”

Roasted Cherry Cafe
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Tiny
Cuisines: Canadian
Woodstock, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming Cafe found at Balm Beach !”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Nothing not too like - staff/service is awesome, offering a charming atmosphere and delicious food along with excellent choices of coffee/teas - it's a delightful spot for breakfast/lunch - offers WiFi too !

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ceejay J

Houston
“Food poisoning?”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Every year we drive up from Texas to spend some time at my mom's in Hamilton, then we drive up to Balm Beach for some time at the cottage. This year we noticed the Roasted Cherry and decided to try it out for lunch. We arrived around noon, only 2 other customers there. The owner immediately began suggesting their all-day breakfast, describing various get sandwiches. Since we'd just had eggs for breakfast I wanted a 'normal' lunch. Unfortunately, the lunch options were very sparse: sandwich with either chicken, or steak, or pork. Scratch that, they were out of steak. So, only chicken or pork. Okaaay, so I choose the chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread with the full works (roasted peppers, carmelized onions, mayo, etc.). My kids, being fickle, just had chicken on the bread with nothing else on it. A short while later it arrives and it looks good, but one bite immediately tells me something is 'off.' The sandwich tastes very salty but since I'm hungry, I eat half of it. My daughter had barely a bite, and my son had several bites. Unfortunately, i didn't tell the owner of my dissatisfaction with the meal. Later that day, I was doubled over with cramps and diarrhea which lasted two days until finally some immodium and gravol got control of my symptoms. My son had a mild case of diarrhea, and my daughter just said she felt "off."

This visit to the Roasted Cherry ruined the last 2 days of our stay in Balm Beach. Horrible.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank CanadianTexan
Toronto, Canada
“A Fantastic Place”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Me and my family spend are entire summer at our cottage in Balm Beach and the Roasted Cherry is one of our favourite places to eat. The food is delicious....we always order the breakfast sandwiches! It is a just down the road from the beach and has wonderful atmosphere. It is great place to stop by to grab a coffee and a breakfast. The service is FANTASTIC! And the owners are really sweet. At times you may also be able to see Scarlett the parrot, she provides loads of entertainment. If you are staying at a cottage nearby or happen to drive through Balm Beach this summer I highly recommend stopping at the Roasted Cherry, you won't regret it!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Anneliese A
Midland, Canada
“A real gem!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

While out for a drive we decided to stop in and found a lovely cafe with great selection of excellent coffees and teas, fresh made food (amazing omellete with spinach, peppers, onions and cheddar was the best that I have had served with fresh fruit). Will definitely return and mention to friends and family. Friendly service and and great atmosphere!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Georgiangal
Mississauga, Canada
“Cafe Ambiance & Great Food in Balm Beach”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Thankfully I stumbled upon a new cafe in my recent stay in Balm Beach where I cottage yearly with my family. I usually have to travel to the town of Midland to get my fresh roasted coffee and internet access. Roasted Cherry Cafe offers free Wi-Fi, Fresh Roasted Coffee, A great selection of Teas and amazing food to tempt your pallett. My first breakfast was scrumptious Strawberry and Banana French Toast with Whip Cream. Adorned with fresh fruit on the side made it the best I have ever had. It was wonderful to enjoy my breakfast while catching up on my emails close to the cottage.

My second breakfast was a chedder, spinach and mushroom omlette also included fresh fruit on the side with whole grain toast which I had on the patio.

The prices are reasonable and the ambiance is amazing. There are even rental units available behine the cafe. Open daily 7:00 am to 9:00 pm for Breakfast and Lunch.

Cafe Mascott named Scarlett will welcome your arrival.

• Visited August 2012