“Heavenly beauty on earth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
“Heavenly beauty on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

I was on my visit to taj with my hubby. It is one of the best beaches resort. We had a great time there. Right from our welcome till the last day...everything was organised in a beautiful way....without any flaw....The room was excellent as...u have a sea facing room...where you find all types of beautiful, colorful, lovely fishes and u have a swimming pool..to chill out n relax...then u have the food which is freshly made n served....n as me n my hubby are pure vegetarians. ..We did not have any problem. ..as you have variety of cuisines even for vegetarians...u even have a sheesha bar...for all the sheesha lovers. ..n the sports activities. ..there is no end to it....plenty of them.... n the spa is splendid. ..it relaxes u completely...the place is best for couples...A place worth to go and worth to spend.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 November 2013

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort who are happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another relaxing holiday.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Returned from Taj Exotica in October .... And I am still longing to return. Our whole experience was magical, every tiny detail had been thought of and was available. I am not going to write to many comments as you must go to this island yourselves to experience the wonders of this little gem in the Indian Ocean

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle L
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your lovely review. It gives us great pleasure in reading that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the most amazing honeymoon we could have ever dreamt of.
Everything about this resort is spectacular! We stayed in a deluxe lagoon villa with the private plunge pool. What an experience that was! We felt so at home our entire stay.
A lot of people have mentioned the planes flying over the resort. We probably noticed on average about 2 planes a day and it did not affect us at all. If a bit of plane noise is the worst part of a holiday, we think you've done pretty well!
We would like to say a huge thank you to out butler, Ayath. He was always so friendly, welcoming and went out of his way to make sure we had the best stay possible. Thank you Ayath!
The food at this resort is absolutely out of this world! My husband and I loved every single meal. Especially the barbecue grills they had at the Poolside restaurant and the Deep End. We highly recommend them!
Water sports - amazing!
Cleanliness - incredible. Our room was cleaned/tidied twice a day and the timing of the cleaners was impeccable!
All the staff are the loveliest, most helpful, friendly bunch you could ask for. Each of them helped make our stay the perfect honeymoon that it was!
We are already dreaming of our next holiday there!
Anna & Tim

• Stayed November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NewlyMrsK
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Maruhabaa from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are all delighted to read your wonderful review post your recent stay with especially the culinary offerings at the resort. It gives us great pleasure to learn that this is the perfect honeymoon that you had hoped for. I have shared your feedback with Ayath and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable and relaxing stay.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Spent 3 magic nights there with my wife and son. Island is spotlessly clean and well maintained. Staff are attentive and friendly and note personal preferences in order to make us smile. Lovely little tucked-away corners with lounge chairs and chilled water and towels so you can always have privacy. Excellent breakfast with some of the best croissants ever and that is an accomplishment in a seaside environment. The 1 bedroom beachside villa was spectacular and literally 'on the beach'.

Can highly recommend this as a luxury resort that knows how to look after its guests and help them to recahrge and face the normal world after experienceing paradise 'Maldavian Style"...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FPS15
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback post your stay with us. The team and I are delighted to read that you and the family enjoyed your stay. It is feedback and encouragement such as yours that assists us in striving for higher standards of excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our slice of paradise for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

Emerald, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to Taj, and what a wonderful time we had. we could not have asked for a better welcome back, It was just incredible.! The resort is with out doubt the most cleanest and best maintained we have seen. The food is amazing, there was not a meal that was not a fantastic experience to eat. The Jiva spa is out of this world with their treatments and we had a very pleasurable time there a complete break from reality.
I suppose many resorts in the Maldives are similar given the location, but what puts Taj ahead of them all for us is the staff that work there, never have we found such helpful ,caring ,warm, considerate people . God willing we will get to experience this special place again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbie_041961

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your second visit to our resort. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another memorable and relaxing holiday.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at the taj exotica Maldives for a total of four nights from 6th November till 10th November 2013,with another couple friend of ours.we would like to highlight a few lapses which quite belie the expectations from such a property
1.at the 24 restaurant we ordered green Thai curry with chicken.instead got one with vegetables.On pointing out to our server he started arguing with.on being asked for the restaurant manager Anthony was summoned,whom we had not set sight on for the earlier times.the server seemed totally oblivious and insensitive to the matter.
2.The previous night while our party of 6 was still in the middle of our meal at the same 24 restaurant , the staff started switching the candles off and generally giving the feel of wanting to close while it was only 11pm.
3.at the infinity pool I ordered the taj burger and specifically ordered no fried egg with it. But lo behold it came with it.but at least the server changed it without combat.
4.at the Jiva spa according to the printed program there was meditation at 6 on Saturday. However after reaching the spa I was told there is no meditation and I was misinformed.Feeling cuckoo I went back to my room and took the brochure back to the guy at the spa who said it got printed by mistake.
The point I'm trying to make is for a property like the exotica one does not expect such goof ups and even if there are the staff is supposed to be apologetic not defiant and ready to pick a fight.In addition the local Maldivian staff especially at the 24restaurant seem to be xenophobic towards Indians and very rude.Being an Indian brand we chose Taj but next time due to poor service standards shall go to Four Seasons or the W.All in all very poor customer service for the top dollars we spent.Very disappointing.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Amrita D
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are extremely perturbed to read your review and I would like to sincerely apologize for the disappointment. As I was away from the island on a business trip, upon my return I have personally taken the matter up with our Food & Beverage Director and the Spa Manager, who along with our Training Manager have put into action an extensive re-training schedule for the associates to ensure that such errors do not occur in the future. All our guests from all parts of the world are equally important to us and I am sorry that you felt discriminated against by any of our associates. We have also spoken with the concerned associates and they have been counseled for the same.

As you must have read from the previous over 300 reviews Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is known for its culinary offerings and won many awards that establish the service as being one of the best in the world. However, once again please accept my apologies for the lapse in service and I would like to personally assure the same would not be repeated.

We hope to have a chance of welcoming you back at our island paradise to experience the true Taj hospitality.

Warm regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

amazing place on the largest lagoon in Maldives,i took the villa in the water and its amazing,the pool,the beach the food the service all are exceptional,i travelled to so many countries but you cant find this kind of water anywhere in the world,with close proximity to Male airport 20 mins speed boat it couldn't get any better

Room Tip: anything you pick will be perfect but i prefer the villa in teh water