Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
1,420 results
All reviewsdeep endlagoon villaplunge poolour honeymoonflight pathdegrees restaurantwater sportsheaven on earthmale airportrose petalsfishsunset cruiseclose to the airportchocolate cakeout of this worldspecial thanksthe general manager
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I decide to stay here from tones hotel options in Maldives for our honeymoon. We are so happy we made a good pick and both fall in love with this place. We went to fishing, diving, snorkeling. Also, we had photography package which was also fantastic! Don't forget to bring your own bikini, dresses, ties or suit if you plan to take cool pics there! You will amazing of their facilities, food, service! Of course, the nature view is forgetless in your mind. Location is great since it only takes 15 mins speedboat from airport to the resort. We also plan to visit resort for anniversary!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa in the not too distant future for another wonderful and relaxing holiday.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This is far by the best hospitality I have ever experienced in my 35 years of traveling. Right from the airport to our stay and back(together with free souvenirs) and everything in between included!! We had a very early check-in at around 8.30 and were surprised that all 5 rooms that were booked are ready to be checked into. The property is not massive that one would get tired walking to and fro, the walk from reception to room is pretty anytime of the day so you don't mind walking a bit. I had a one year old baby, and the buggy would arrive promptly when asked for one. The plunge pool villas were a beauty in itself to stay in, our freinds and us were given all in a row, so was a lot of fun! The sea water was kept clean as well near the property. My son loved the water bowls kept outside the villas, where they were always replenished with a fresh flower!
About the food; it was the best ever! We were fed till we said OMG stop! The choice of food was unlimited even for us vegetarians. Our butler: Sudarshan, special Kudos to him in handling our sons demands, specially crafted food as per our request plus the adults. The staff was always helpful with our son, since he was the only child in a group of 5 couples. A special thank you to Notel at jiva spa for an excellent deep tissue massage. I had tried Jiva at Sri Lanka and knew they would keep up to their standard. And was right enough, the best spa experience. The infinity pool, the restaurants, the ambience everything that accounted for our trip, made our stay worthwhile at the Taj Exotica. The special snorkeling trip planned by Sudarshan was great too. We even had the CFO, the F and B managers coming to say a personal hello. It sure is a paradise on earth.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShyamalBhatia
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We are extremely delighted to read your wonderful review followed by your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with Sudarshan, Notei, Hari our Financial Controller and the entire team at the resort who too are very happy to have received the same. It gives us great pleasure to read you and your friends travelling with you thoroughly enjoyed your stay especially the food, the spa treatments at the award winning Jiva Grande Spa and service at the resort.

You would be glad to learn that Jiva Grande Spa is awarded the “Favorite Hotel Spa Overseas” by Conde Nast Traveller India in the Readers’ Travel Award 2013.

Once again thank you for your kind words of appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you and the family back at our island paradise.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and then moved onto another resort (Constance Halaveli)for a different experience. Would highly recommend the Taj. We had read several negative reviews about the noise from air traffic but it didn't bother us and no way near as bad as we expected.

The resort is beautiful. Service is outstanding. Food is incredible. Rooms exceptionally well maintained. My husband likened housekeeping to ghosts - in a good way - in that you never see them but just see the results within a short matter of time. We were fortunate enough to be there when the small sandbank appears out in the sea and were invited to a cocktail party there one evening. It was absolutely beautiful, free flowing drinks, canapés, staff management on hand to chat to the guests.. Bliss.

We have great memories of the Taj and would love to return.

We also stayed at the Constance Halaveli - equally pleasant but very different resorts. The Taj was more serene and luxurious whereas the Halaveli was more contemporary / chic with a lively ambience and younger clientele.

Highly recommend you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

My entire team joins me in thanking you for taking the time to write a review post your stay in February 2013. It warms our heart to read that even after almost a year you remember your stay with us and how much you enjoyed it.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for another unforgettable holiday.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I visited the Taj for a week just before Christmas. I was blown away by the beauty of the Maldives and our extremely warm welcome to this beautiful resort. We were travelling with our little daughter who was spoilt silly by all the staff. There are so many people who helped make our trip memorable, Mohammed our butler who went above and beyond to take care of us, the staff at the restaurants some of whom carried our daughter around while we ate and others who folded her napkin into birds and other animals to amuse her. A massive thank you to the somelier who took the time to talk us through the wines on several occasions. On our last evening our baby sitter wrote my daughter a note and brought her a gift which was extremely sweet. Our room was immaculately clean, no easy task with a chaotic toddler. I had a wonderful mani and pedi at the spa and a relaxing yoga session, that I won't ever forget. I have to say I had a really fantastic and memorable holiday. There is a really lovely atmosphere at this resort, the staff really do deserve a special thank you. I would recommend the Taj to both couples (very romantic) and families. The boat ride to the Taj was 15 min, its proximity to Male makes it a convinient and sensible choice when travelling with small children. I would go back to the Taj tomorrow if I could.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

It gives us great pleasure in reading that you and the family enjoyed your holiday with us especially the little princess. I have shared your feedback with Mohammed your butler, Aravind the Sommelier, Ankurita the Babysitter and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to our island paradise for another relaxing and a memorable experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I visited this place for 8 days (13 - 20 Dec) for our 10 wedding anniversary. It was truly amazing, the place was absolutely stunning ! Pictures do not do justice, you will need to see this place for yourself and experience the warm hospitality from the committed staff there. Everything we asked for was never too much and the staff always had a smile on their faces which made our stay more enjoyable and pleasant.
We stayed in one of the Lagoon Overwater Villas (Room 121), it was perfect! Our room was well equipped with thongs, robes, beach bag (was really handy), insect spray/mosquito repellent (we didn't need this as the island is spray at 4 pm daily), universal power adapters, water , basket of fruit daily, freshly made biscuits (this helped after our gym/yoga sessions), Molten Brown products (includes eye cream, lip moisturiser).The beds were so comfortable and we were able select any pillows from a huge list to cater for our needs (my hubby was happy to get a temper contour pillow just like at home). A special thank you to our butler Nadeen who always left little surprises in our room and who helped my husband out on our last night with our bed and bath tub full of of fresh rose petals!
We found the internet prices reasonable..we only needed 1 hr ($5US) every second day in which we used this to Skype our kids and shared our photos on FB with our friends. We were in Paradise and didn't need the internet/phones to disturb our time in heaven ! Plus, you can use the 24 hr library which you receive 1 hr per day free internet use on the computers there and the library is fully equipped with water, coffee machine and heaps of books that you can borrow (different languages!).
In relation to the food... we paid for half board was part of our package (breakfast & dinner).. we usually were never hungry at lunch as we would have loaded up with the yummy breakfast from 24 degrees restaurant. The breakfast was la carte but there was no limit in what you can eat! The juices, fruit and food was totally amazing! When we did have lunch we shared a salad or wrap with some nice cocktails at the pool side. Dinner was also la carte @ 24 degrees and the food great , huge selection of different cuisines ... Yes you will need to pay for water! If you are on a budget go for the Taj standard water $4 US for a large bottle, the Fiji water was $19 US for a small bottle. It's definitely best to prepay for your food as it's cheaper... we were having approx. $160 worth of food every night. On our last night we dined at Deep End Restaurant, though we prepaid for our dinner at the 24 degrees restaurant we were entitled to a $60 credit per person... what can I say... Deep End has got to be on of the best restaurants we have been to, the food was scrumptious, the staff was so attentive/professional and the atmosphere was very pleasant. Our waiter surprised us with a chocolate platter which had a note "we will miss you"... we really felt this place was our 2nd home and it was sad leaving it. Also, we would like thanks all the staff @ 24 degrees for their great hospitality and we miss them all! A special thanks to Raj for making my hubby tea when he was unwell.
One last thing... The Private dining is a must ! We did the Ocean Pavilion it was spectacular ! I highly suggest you plan for this and book it in the first day you get there as it's high in demand especially over the weekends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loan_Huynh

Greetings from Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives.

We would like to thank you for your lovely review. It gives us great pleasure in reading that you enjoyed your 10th Wedding Anniversary celebrations with us. I have shared your feedback with your butler Nadeem, Raj at 24 Degrees and the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise for another memorable experience.