“Pleasant Stay... Great Photo Session with Roshan” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Pleasant Stay... Great Photo Session with Roshan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Taj Exotica is a wonderful offering by Taj Hotel Group in Maldives. They provided exotic & excellent Indian veg food. Staff was very cordial and attentive towards their guest. Photo session was new and a innovative thing which was experienced by us at Taj Exotica, the pleasure of photo shoot was enhanced by the wonderful photography of Roshan.
We would love to visit Taj Exotica again & again.

Room Tip: Deluxe Lagoon Villa were comfortable and pleasant to live in.
2 Thank HMSHAH50
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us especially the choice of vegetarian food and your photo shoot with Roshan. I have shared your feedback with Roshan and the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa in the near future for another wonderful and relaxing holiday.

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have never experienced quite a feeling like you get at the Taj exotica, it’s a feeling of true relaxation, peace and amazement. The island is just breath taking and it certainly was the best place on earth to have our honeymoon. We spent 5 days in total heaven here, from the food and drinks to the snorkelling outside our water villa everything was just perfect. During the days we went for walks around the island, sunbathed and cooled down in the pool, went to the stingray and shark feeding or just chilled in our beautiful luxury water villa. On our first night we dined at the Deep End which was amazing, second night we went to the full moon BBQ, possibly the best BBQ food I have ever ate and the rest of the time at 21 degrees. I have now some beautiful memories of this truly heavenly place that we will treasure forever, I hope that one day we will be lucky enough to return. The staff are amazing and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them so much for making our honeymoon out of this world.

Room Tip: I dont think this place has a bad room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank realrjns
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa in the not too distant future for another wonderful and relaxing holiday.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Maldives----haven on earth.. The most ,have to visit destination.. It's like a crayon color box...
The sea on the surface is bluish green and as you go deeper into the ocean, it's deep blue and when you go under the ocean, your heart skips a beat , the beautiful variety of the colorful fish one gets to see is unreal..
The hotel was very well located ,and well maintained.. My boys and I had the most bonded holiday for 3days. The food was delicious and the staff were cheerful and helpful. The spa was too good. Came back home feeling 10years younger and happy.
Overall a great place if you want to have a luxury holiday as it was a little expensive..
Value for money..
Must go.

Room Tip: The cottages were very nice. We stayed in the lagoon deluxe room which were very comfortable , large...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vandana V
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and you could spend time bonding with your sons. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just went there for our my honeymoon. Have to say, it exceeded my expectations. It was pricey, but that is expected for this location. Our experience was terrific. Service was exceptional, location was great, a quick boat right from the airport. Water was clear, food was great. Hotel accommodations was top notch. The bed, linens and items in our room was all high quality. The decor was authentically Maldivian. You have to try their Maldiavian style food at leas once, for brunch or dinner, very good. If I have to make any negative comment about this resort, is that the infinity pool in our villa is still lined with square tiles (which seem a bit out-dated), but that is a very small issue, compared to the grand scheme of things here for this fabulous resort. True story folks.....

Room Tip: Everything is great about this resort. A must stay for any Maldives trip. The villas with infinity...
1 Thank K C
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team had made your honeymoon memorable. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. We would also like to thank you for your feedback on the tiles in the swimming pool which we will take into account during our next refurbishment phase.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our stay (for our honeymoon) at the Taj Exotica Maldives has been wonderful. The vistas are unreal...every color of aqua imaginable. The staff is friendly and responsible. For example, our butler Hamdhi is very polite and helpful. Billal, one of our servers at the pool, has been wonderful. Bala, the manager at equator bar, has also been a treat. The food has been very tasty (we recommend the grilled Green Job for Lunch at the pool, and the Bulgogi and Butter Chicken at 24 Degrees, as well as the fish at The Deep End, though consider avoiding the Orange Miso Duck for dinner at 24 degrees). While some of the optional activities gave us a bit of sticker shock, everything we've done (including snorkeling, yoga, fishing and windsurfing) has been very enjoyable. One highlight of note was our photo session with Jeff, a talented Filipino staff photographer who put together a wonderful album for us.

One piece of advice, if you have white skin (as we do), please consider avoiding a photo session at the top of the day (ours was at 11:30am-12:30pm) if the day is hot. And bring more sunscreen than you think you need

Shukriya!!!

- Will and Katie, married 5/31/14

Room Tip: We loved our private hut over the water! I believe it is called the Deluxe Lagoon Villa!
2 Thank Will M
Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team had made your honeymoon memorable. I have shared your feedback with Hamdhi, Billal, Bala, Jeff and the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This was the second (and final) leg of our honeymoon (after a week in Morocco). Just to begin with, absolutely everything about the property and the stay there was just amazing. It couldn't have been better.

Arrival is very smooth, you get picked up from the airport and the ride on the speed boat is about 20 mins. Once you arrive, you are welcomed with drums, shell garland and a welcome photograph (which is then gifted to you at checkout) !

We were staying in the over water villas (with plunge pool) towards the end of the property. The view is simply awesome, it is like you are staying in a villa in the middle of the ocean ! This was our first experience of staying in a villa with plunge pool and we really had a lot of fun :)

And yes, every villa comes with a personal butler who is there to help you for any of your requirements.

On activities, well you can pretty much do everything from boating to scuba diving. The team at diving center is very good and extremely helpful. We took snorkelling lesson on day 1 and then went on one of the snorkelling trips. While there were 2-3 trainers for a group of about 10 people, one person was guiding my wife only through out the time in the water. Thanks to him she could enjoy her time in the water. (This was the first time we did even snorkelling, so makes it all the more amazing experience)

Now getting to food, given that we are vegetarians we were a bit scared to begin with about our options. In fact, to be honest we were even carrying some ready to eat type food. But, we didn't even think about using them. The food was very good at "24 degrees" and the dessert even better. Simple awesome food across all cuisines !

Well there is a lot more to write about but you rather experience it instead of reading about it ! This was our best holiday experience and we almost immediately decided to go back there at least once in a year.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SumitRungta
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the vegetarian options available for your dining. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for your annual holiday with us.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

To begin with, the island is beautiful, and the fact that it is 10 mins away from the airport was very comforting. The disappointment came from several issues, I recently stayed at the Anantara Kihavah, and to compare those two resorts is a huge disappointment.

Reasons for disappointment:

1- I was asked before I arrive to Male for exact guest names in each villa (as we were a group of 9 adults) to prepare accordingly, however, when we first arrived to the airport, they put tags on our bags that are in the wrong order, where we had to go through 9 bags and explain to them each bag should be put in which villa, and to begin our trip this way was annoying, especially that we had just arrived and we were tired.

2- The hotel promises that each villa has their own butler, however, through out our 4 nights stay, our butler was useless, as we were given one butler for 4 different villas. Whenever we needed a club car, we had to wait for 15 minutes, so we decided to walk to wherever we needed to be at, all throughout the trip. In addition to this, the butler should provide extra services where we would have a laid back trip and not have to chase around the hotel for different activities and restaurant reservations, that was not provided !

3- The fact that the activities are new did not help either, two jet-skis were there only, one had to be used be the instructor, so basically one jet ski was available only with an instructor behind us. Only one sea bob was available too, which means you have to go solo sea bobbing, NOT FUN!

4- I have a serious phobia of lizards, and as i faced an incident where two lizards were at my villa, i had to wait 2 hours for the room service to find a solution to remove the lizard from my room! that was at 12 AM! so exhausting, however we were moved to another villa for the night, a complimentary stay, that I appreciate.

5- The service was poor, so poor. Our stay at the Anantara was greater than great because of the fabulous service that was offered. We felt like we were gods! however, in Taj, nothing was done to make us feel welcome, home and relaxed. To share an example, whenever we wanted to sit in a restaurant, we would prefer to sit outdoors of course, because we didnt travel all the way to maldives to sit indoors. So, whenever we would ask the waiters to prepare us a table outdoors, the rude waiters would ignore us and start mumbling about the possibility of it raining. Well, Male is a tropical island, its always possible for it to rain, and let me tell you something, every single time we asked for a table to be set outdoors, not once did it rain. So we had to force them into setting us tables outdoors, every single time.

To summarise, this resort needs to work on and improve its butler service and communication skills.

Room Tip: The beach suite was the best. It had the best and the cleanest beach.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Mona A
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

We are disappointed to read that your stay at our resort was not upto your expectations. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the different points that you have raised. We have investigated the matter further to ensure that we fix any lapses in our processes and ensure no other guests are inconvenienced:

The baggage tagging at the airport was done by our airport representative based on the rooming list that was provided to us by your travel agent. Plus we try to ensure that the right bags get tagged to the right guest room number by guests identifying the same so that there is no delay in the delivery of bags post your check in at the resort

I have personally taken up the matter with regards to your dissatisfaction about the Butler Service with our Butler Operations Manager, who has informed me that your butler did recommend various activities including a private dinner at the beach since you were looking for a place with music and dance.

We do have 3 Jet Skis on the island, however one of our Jet Skis was under maintenance due to an accident caused by another guest, hence only 2 were available of which one is used by the instructor to escort the guests into the ocean to ensure their safety due to the various coral gardens that we have near our lagoon.

As May is the monsoon season for Maldives the weather is very unpredictable and as it was very windy during your stay the tables were set up inside as it can be very inconvenient for the guests. We don’t advise sitting outside when the winds are so strong as most guests find it uncomfortable plus there is the risk of foreign particles in the food. But as you were keen the table was set up every day outside only for you.

Once again I apologize for all the inconvenience and hope to welcome you back at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives for a memorable experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,713 reviews

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!