“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS”

Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We spend 7 unbelievable days in the most relaxed place you could imagine . The staff , food ,and the island itself were all we expected and more , The chefs on the island prepare every meal with a passion to please and every staff member bar none were friendly and polite .
Thank you to the management for giving us a late checkout (8 hours after checkout time) at no cost to assist with our flight times
Again thanks to all at the TAJ EXOTICA for giving us a wonderful holiday

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lindsay B
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Greetings from Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our team made your holiday memorable. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa in the not too distant future for another wonderful and relaxing holiday.

There are newer reviews for Taj Exotica Resort & Spa

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Belated write up. We visited in february for our honeymoon. Amazing place, great service from start to finish. You are greeted by their staff as soon as you arrive in the Maldives and are put in their own speedboat for a short ride to the island. The island is small and peaceful with the most lovely staff. Very relaxing and although it was full you wouldn't think so as it never appeared crowded anywhere. Lovely food and great rooms. We stayed in two types of rooms which were both great. The weather was perfect, no humidity and not too hot either. We were thoroughly looked after and had a great time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartineDavis
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Greetings from Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team made your honeymoon memorable. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Came back from the Mt.Everest expedition in May, and needed to take a couple of days out for rest and recuperation. Maldives is paradise, and The Taj Exotica is fabulous in every way. The rooms/villas, the water, the food and service, all par excellence - proud of the Taj group of hotels as an Indian. Travelling for work and leisure we spend more than 80 nights a year in hotels. Taj matches up with the best - everytime.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdityaGupta2014
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Greetings from Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your review. We are very happy to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to get the much needed rest and recuperation. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another relaxing holiday.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The friendly and efficient airport arrival chaperone certainly knows how to keep a surprise. Their cheerful send off, "enjoy you stay" as you glide out from the airport jetty in the Taj motor boat, doesn't quite prepare the novice visitor at Taj Exotica. Taj does drop a hint here and there on the motor boat. Bvlgari freshen up kit for starters! But you are interested in spotting the resort looming in the horizon and growing bigger by the minute.
The arrival - distracted by the surf and spray surrounding the lagoon, imperceptably the boat slips into a channel and you are treated to a stylish James Bond flourish, a wide arc turn in the aquamarine lagoon.
Bring on the magic. Thereon, Taj Exotica's magic spell will hold you in thrall. The resort is fabulous. Disconnect from the world and let go. Time is measured by sun rise and sunset and the ebb and flow of the tide. Land lubbers can dig their heels at the beach, or the poolside or the Spa or at the library or simply give in to the tempting slumber.
If you have a yen for the water world, this is indeed your christmas wish come true. Pool, beach, snorkel, dive. We snorkeled in the lagoon from our over the ocean villa. Up close and personal with a dazzling array of fish. Not to be missed, the school of fish will follow you during your snorkelling trip around the ocean villa!
From spotting baby shark, to sting ray glide by in the lagoon and the resident heron making the daily visit at our villa pool, we were in raptures all through our stay. It is reminder of the intense effort put in by the hotel to be eco friendly.
24 degrees was our favourite, it is the all day diner, try the Maldivian fare if you are at peace with condiments and tropical spice flavours, also ensures low carbon footprint. We also used in room dining (room service) and nothing quite fazes the team at Taj. They will lay out a sumptuous spread in your ocean villa under the starlit sky and waves lapping below.
The most dramatic off course is the underwater special night lighting along the ocean villa walk way.
The team at the spa, the restaurants and off course the personal butlers, the house keeping team, the folks at the dive centre, the team at the reception, they make you feel good, pampered and happy. The experience was superlative.
The magic was created right there. The endless ocen view from - your bedroom, your bath tub, your personal plunge pool, your ocean deck, well the spell was complete!

Room Tip: Over the ocean villas, use the golf buggy if you have kids. These villas are near the spa, gym and p...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank gm_on_trip
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Greetings from Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team made your holiday memorable. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa for another magical and relaxing holiday.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Amazing is the first word comes in my mind whenever I am thinking about my last trip to Maldives at Taj exotica. I returned home with bag full of lovely memories.

To start with, I just loved everything they did. When we ( me,my husband and our kid) reached to our deluxe lagoon villa, I was surprised to see a baby crib, bottle sterilizer , toys, pacifier and lots of detailed preparation for us. Room was very beautiful with a pool attached and a deck. The sea view from the room and bathroom took my breath away.

Now comes the food : what a delicious food we had. I must say best food ever. We ate Mexican that was awesome ( best best ever ), Chinese, Italian, Indian and many more. Desserts were so mind blowing that while thinking about them brings water in my mouth. Master chefs at work!

Whole staff was so generous that whenever we interacted to any of them we felt like a family.

I must say its a must see place and if you are looking for a perfect vacation choose Taj for memorable trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rashmi N
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially the award winning culinary offerings. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa in the not too distant future for another wonderful holiday.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Taj Exotica checks all the right boxes with respect to the big things you expect from a beach resort. Great location, lovely villas that are classy but also exude a relaxed atmosphere that screams "beach resort", amazing food, excellent spa service, and a dive center that has the best equipment and exceptionally well trained staff. But what makes it truly special are not the big things, but the small things that every one of the staff members takes the care to do for you. They go above and beyond any definition of great service and hospitality.

My husband and I first visited Taj Exotica two years ago (May, 2012) for our honeymoon. We had an amazing time, it was everything we could have asked for in a honeymoon. Though it's a small island, we didn't feel our privacy was intruded upon even in the common areas of the resort. We stayed 7 nights and from the third day on, it seemed the entire staff knew our preferences and made sure every experience we had was tailored to that. Our diving instructor was so good, he inspired enough confidence in us to even do a night dive. The food was the best we ever had, and again the chefs were attentive to our every like/dislike, and made sure each meal surpassed the last one.

We've raved so much about the place since then, that when an opportunity for a group vacation came up, everyone decided they wanted to go to Taj Exotica. Though we had already been there, my husband and I jumped at the chance to go again - that itself should say a lot about how good the place is. But this trip was to be very different from our previous one. There were 9 families, and 9 children with ages ranging from 4 months to 6 years - probably not the kind of crowd that Taj Exotica usually sees. Though we were enthusiastic about going back, at the back of our minds, my husband and I both wondered if we would have as good an experience. Traveling with kids always has its associated anxieties. But our experience was even better than the last time.

From the moment we walked into our room, we knew we'd have nothing to worry about. The staff knew we were traveling with our 5 month old, and had equipped our room with a baby cot, stuffed toys, spare sheets, a new bottle, bottle sterilizer, pacifiers and so forth. All our friends too had age appropriate conveniences for their children already provided in the room. The butler team took care of every little detail and ensure that no parent in the group had anything to worry about. They thought of stuff that even we as parents didn't think of or pay attention to. Here's an anecdote that I love to relate as an example of the team's microscopic attention to detail. It so happened that one of the babies fell asleep while we were having our dinner at their Michelin star restaurant, The Deep End. The mother put together two chairs as a makeshift cot for the baby to sleep. One of the staff immediately got some cord and tied the legs of the chair together to make sure they didn't separate and put the baby in danger. It was innumerable little things like this that allowed us to truly relax and have a great time. I have to say the butlers there have an almost genie-like quality. They appeared at our elbows exactly at the moment we needed something, and most times even seemed to read our minds about what we needed. This was true of both our trips.

The team of chefs and the staff in all the restaurants planned and executed each of our meals to perfection. They cheerfully put up with all the chaos that comes with taking care of a large group with children adding to the general confusion. The food was exceptionally good, even better than the food on our last trip though we would have thought that was impossible. My husband and I mentioned some dishes that we had really enjoyed during our last trip, and the chefs surprised us by making them for us even though they were not a part of the menu. Again, I truly believe it's these small considerations that can elevate a trip from being good to being great. We only hope that the chaos we caused didn't inconvenience the other guests, and tarnish Taj Exotica's reputation in their eyes.

The dive center as usual was fantastic. We were not sure if we would be able to dive given that we were traveling with our 5 month old - but they made it all possible.They understood my anxiety about leaving my 5 month old and made sure my dives were planned so I could get back in two hours, which is the interval at which my baby feeds. If the staff there didn't inspire so much confidence, I definitely would not have dived. We managed to get in 6 dives and a snorkeling trip between us despite our short 3-day-2-night stay.

Overall - we couldn't have asked for a better holiday - our first with our 5 month old. Taj Exotica Maldives has most likely ruined all future holidays for us already. The bar has been set so high now that forever we are going to compare any other experience to what their team gave us. My husband and I have both travelled a fair bit, and we doubt any other place can surpass the hospitality of Taj Exotica.

Room Tip: If you want less of a walk to the restaurants/various activity centers, choose the lagoon villas or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnushaVish

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunny Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your superlative review. We are delighted to learn how much you and your friends along with your little ones enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the team and me to constantly strive for excellence and to make sure that our guests leave the island with fond memories.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We travelled here in Feb 2014 for our honeymoon and stayed in an overwater bungalow with plunge pool. The room was amazing having the plunge pool overlooking the ocean. The service throughout the resort was exceptional, our butler organised everything we needed, from snorkelling to dinner reservations.
The food was fantastic, with my wife having coeliac disease and needing gluten free, anything she wanted they cooked hassle free, from pancakes to pizzas, muffins etc. On our last evening the head chef shouted us some cocktails and had a chat with us at the bar about our stay and the food that was available.
The staff over the island were so friendly and helpful, we were invited to a cocktail party on the sand bar at sunset where we met the general manager and most of the staff.
A must stay, we both cant wait to return..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B
Ranjit P, General Manager at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Greetings from Maldives.

It gives us a great pleasure to read your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and our team made your honeymoon memorable. I have shared your feedback with the culinary team who ensured that your wife's dietary requirement was attended to along with the entire team at the resort and they appreciate the same.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emboodhu Finolhu
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Veli Maldives Resort
Gili Lankanfushi
Gili Lankanfushi
#1 of 1 in Lankanfushi

Been to Taj Exotica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!