Just a 10 minute speedboat ride from the capital or airport, yet far away enough.
Nearly all "rooms" water villas(built on water) so your swimming area is right off your deck or else there is this fab infinity pool. Outside my room, at low tide, the sea was knee deep and very calm even in July when seas are at their roughest. Beautiful pristine waters, of course!
Great gym, with "infinity views" as it too is built over the water with glass windows all around! Yoga pavillion and spa are available (though I only peeked at them).
I loved my room, probably the simplest of the water villas, it had various reading and lounging chairs, even on the deck, fabulous bathroom with view and great amenities! From my bathtub I could see reef sharks and fishes swimming right past me!
Plenty of space to walk around, areas to lounge and read or tan or watch the stars! Good reading room as well where I caught up with news and business magazines!
I hear the choice of diving spots is fabulous. And I saw young'uns enjoying the game room.
Special to me: generous amounts of drinking water provided in the room as well as at lounging areas throughout the resort!
Menu and wine list were richly diverse. I especially appreciated the wine list where the least expensive was great quality and slightly smaller than regular bottle: ideal for this solo traveller!
Staff: attentive, unobtrusive, friendly and eager to help or please! I hear the staff to guest ration is 1:4 but you'd never know it! (I caught a gimpse of staff quarters and thought it was generous!)
A honeymoon couple from Delhi, we came and left together and they thought their honeymoon was divine. They were able to "recover" from their massive wedding festivities!
I would have two suggestions to the management, in addition to the fab in room bath products, pls add sunblock! And maybe a complimentary "glass of ...." each evening at the bar/lounge each evening to toast the sunset and get the guests going.....?
This resort was a great way to celebrate my 20th trip to Maldives! I prefer this over many other luxury resorts throughout the country. Some resort islands are rather small and feel "crowded" with high walls of villas, not very inviting to walk around the island! Others have only one dining/drinking facility, this one had 3!
Also, proximity to capital and airport means one can get there quickly, without a layover in another hotel in the capital before another flight to the resort!
And within this resort, you could dine "in the sea"....ask them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Award-winning resort is a sublime fusion of luxury and nature. Nestled amidst one of the largest lagoons in the Maldives. Accommodation is a choice between villas built entirely over water and beach villas. Pan Asian. World Progressive. In villa dining. Interactive dining. Or a romantic dinner for two under the stars... Dining is a culinary adventure. The acclaimed Jiva Grande Spa provides an extensive range of holistic treatments in the over water treatment rooms. Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the 'Three Coconut Island,' ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 15 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Malé International Airport. The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island's blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of ignature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive estination holiday. Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World.* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Expedia, Destinology, Agoda, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taj Exotica Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Exotica Resort And Spa
- Taj Exotica Hotel Emboodhu Finolhu
- Taj Exotica Maldives
- Taj Exotica Resort All Inclusive
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives/South Male Atoll