“Stylish hotel in good location”
Review of Hotel Bosco

Hotel Bosco
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as my daughter was getting married at a venue nearby.
Loved the contemporary feel of the hotel. The rooms were stylish but quite small although they had everything we needed.

Breakfast was nice but for the money we paid I would have expected a full English. Many guests breakfasted at Wetherspoons next door.

Our room was right above the bar so we experienced a lot of noise on the Friday night.

Great location though.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We needed a hotel for a short break to visit Hampton Court we found that the hotel was reasonably priced within an easy commute for all local attractions very friendly staff, well decorated and a good breakfast. Nice room on the 3rd floor with a balcony, my only complaint was the low bed which we found difficult to get out of. Would come back again any time.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are less noisey
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I paid £175 a night for a noisy room on the front of the hotel. It included breakfast but it was not worth bothering with it . One sliced melon on offer, tinned pears and prunes, no fresh juice, sliced bread and yesterdays croissants. A bit of smoked salmon if you were quick enough.The coffee was good, the staff friendly, but all the talk about beds and goose down pillows and the boutique nature of the place is frankly misleading. Premier Inns are better at far less money. We left feeling we had been ripped off. Sorry Bosco but never again

Room Tip: AC struggled ,get a room at the rear, but ideally find somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brewster90
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bosco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Brewster90,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review as all feedback is greatly appreciated.

The hotel has three rooms that are affected by residual noise on a Friday and Saturday night, and as such are offered at a discounted rate, and described as such on all booking sites.

Upon invesitgation I can confirm that this was the type of room reserved.

Hotel Bosco offers many facilities, that are not available when booking a 'brand hotel', such as king size beds, luxury toiletries and rain making showers.

I appreciate that you feel that you do not wish to return on a future occasion, however, I would very much like to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and as such, please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Now stayed here at the Bosco on several occasions and am always made to feel welcome! Rooms are large and comfortable, decent TV, good in-room internet... There is a great choice of breakfast available... free parking is available within a 5 minute walk, which is a great bonus for this part of London!

Room Tip: Very handy for Surbiton railway station and the link to Waterloo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my second trip to Surbiton from the US and my second stay at Hotel Bosco. The facilities at the Bosco are very consistent, so my stay was exactly what I expected. Thank you for that.

There aren’t many rooms here. After reading other reviews and comments about noise, I requested a room on the 3rd floor ahead of time. Rooms 301, 302, and 303 on the north side of the building and have a balcony not on the street. That said, there isn’t much of a view on this side. Rooms 304 and 305 on the south side of the building are on the street without a balcony. A balcony would have been preferred, but again… there’s no view. Either way, there is very little noise to be heard on the 3rd floor.

The room is rather basic. The bed was comfortable for my tastes, but very low to the ground without a box spring. The pillows are incredibly soft. The hotel may have additional pillows offered, but I didn’t inquire. The Bosco does offer complementary wifi, a huge perk for those traveling internationally and want to minimize the amount of roaming cellular data fees. One thing to note about the wifi, is that when your device (laptop or phone) goes into hibernation or sleep mode, you are disconnected from the network. You're required to open a new browser each and every time you want to reconnect. This became very annoying as my week grew old.

The Samsung TV in the room has HDMI ports, but the TV is configured in such a way that you cannot change to those inputs. The only external connections are some funky “ext” interfaces. This was incredibly disappointing as the cable channel offering is a joke and I had several movies queued up on my laptop to watch.

The sink in the bathroom is rather shallow, so you’ll inevitably splash yourself or the floor when using it. The bath tub has a large shower head and a hand held body sprayer, but with no shower curtain (there’s a partial glass wall and I do mean partial) you’re going to splash water everywhere. The tub is also very tall making entry and exit difficult. I could potentially see those with physical disabilities or a bad knee having a difficult time. The tub could use some re-caulking efforts, however.

I didn’t really interface with the staff that much. Check-in and check-out was the only time I talked with anyone and the staff wasn’t very chatty. There was no small talk, they’re simply interested in the business at hand. Whatever, I guess. I was able to borrow an international power adapter from the front desk. That was huge since I failed to bring the correct adapter with me.

Housekeeping did an excellent job freshening up my room every day and replenishing any goods used. There is a complementary bottle of water in the room. One small caveat to that; there is only ONE bottle of water and it didn’t last long.

Hotel Bosco is a corporate partner of my company and many of my coworkers stay here. Next time I’m in Surbiton, I’ll most likely be staying here again and am expecting the same level of service.

All in….. Good job, Hotel Bosco. Thanks for making my visit to Surbiton that much more enjoyable!

Room Tip: The south side of the building is on the street. Rooms 301, 302, and 303 are on the north with a ba...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked bread and breakfast for Saturday night, and were charged £150 for it. When we first arrived, it looked lovely - all fancy wood finishes. On inspection, all the wood was wipe-clean vinyl, however. The room was fine, if a little small. We had a snack of a sandwich in the bar before going out, and were not offered a choice of bread, which was pappy, cheap white sandwich bread. The chips were excellent, though to be charged over £16 for two egg sandwiches, two tiny bowls of chips and two pints of Amstel was a little surprising. We went out to a party that evening, and when we came back at 11.30pm had trouble getting in as one of the bar guests had lain down in Reception, too drunk to get up, and her friends were trying to get her to leave. Why are they serving people this drunk? We found that the loud music from the bar beneath our room was extremely annoying, but fortunately it finished at 1pm. In the morning, the kitchen was closed, apparently due to a gas problem. No protein was therefore served along with very poor quality croissants and bread (toast your own) and unripe fruit. I did not try the cereals, which looked like everything Kelloggs makes. No refund was offered for providing only half a breakfast. The man next to us, on finding there was no eggs benedict to be had, instead had three espresso martinis before 9am, and wanted to chat endlessly to us. Travelodge has provided a comparable experience at a quarter of the price.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room at the back and as high as possible to avoid the bar noise. Have food els...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L E M
Alison W, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bosco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear L E M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all feedback whether positive or negative is greatly appreciated, as it helps us strive to achieve the best service levels possible.

The hotel does have a number of rooms that are affected by residual noise, and these are clearly identified on booking sites, and upon checking this was the type of room reserved. Our rates are inclusive of Pantry Breakfast, wi-fi and parking, but will always be lower if booked direct with the hotel.

I apologise for any inconvenience you were caused as a result of an issue with our kitchen having to be temporarily closed, however, this was beyond our control as the gas board had not advised us that they were shutting off the supply to fix an issue in the area. I appreciate your valued observations regarding the quality of some of the items served a breakfast, which have been discussed with the Head Chef.

I hope very much that you will choose to stay with us again on a future occasion, and as such please do not hesitate to contact me, so that I can personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked in on the day of our stay through 'Late Rooms', and expected a lot from the description of this 'boutique' hotel. Even with the late discount it was overpriced! The room was small and the air conditioning that was promised with this executive room did not work. We had a very hot and stuffy night - unable to open windows due to the street noise. The bed was very low, lightweight and on castors which gave the impression of a camp bed. The bathroom was nicely appointed though. We ate in the bar and the steak was very good - we also received a stacked portion of 8 chips, but to be fair, they were very chunky so would have probably been a full potato each. The steak was cooked just as we ordered, but spoilt a little with a heavy handed layer of rock salt on the top. Could have been a much better stay if attention to small details were given.

Room Tip: Check the air con is working if a warm evening.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surbiton
Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#5 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Warren House
Warren House
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Hotel Bosco? Share your experiences!