Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rob123432q
Bath, United Kingdom

Poor breakfast an over-priced

Review of Hotel Bosco
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Jul 2021
The breakfast was very poor. Largely prepackaged food lacking in freshness and taste. Despite prewarning, no gluten-free food has been provided. The receptionist (apparently the only member of the staff at the property) went out to get some but only got bread saying cereal was available. (A supermarket 75 yards away had a whole shelf full of it). If you stay here, we recommend going to the café opposite ‘Pickled Pantry’ which had an excellent healthy tasty breakfast at a decent price).
Our room was not cleaned out on the second day of our stay. There was a coffee machine but no coffee capsules, only one glass provided despite there being two guests and the tea cups and glass were not cleaned/replaced on the second day.
The basic room design was okay, but there were faults with it such as plug sockets being inaccessible and the low lighting in the bathroom meaning that shaving was essentially guesswork.
Given all the above, the price was highly excessive.
Date of stay: July 2021
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
2.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roofer with access to our room .
0.3 miles from Hotel Bosco
No prepayment needed
    £125
1.3 miles from Hotel Bosco
View more hotels in Surbiton
All reviews surbiton station continental breakfast boiled eggs third floor air con minutes walk away bosco lounge free parking small hotel lovely hotel comfy bed car park hampton court kingston mirror rugby twickenham
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2021

Stayed here for one night and it was just the ticket - excellent welcome and a swift check-in, very nice room and great location right by the station and the High Street amenities. The bed was reasonable, although slightly soft for me. They offer a choice of pillows. The bathroom was very nice and a really good size. The room was slightly hot and I couldn't seem to get the air con to cool it down - but that may have been user error! It had a lovely balcony so I cooled off there! The only thing that surprised me was that there was no kettle, tea or coffee (although there was a coffee maker) - I cannot think that is because of Covid so I am not sure why it was. To be fair, I didn't query it with Reception so I don't know if they would have been able to provide a kettle etc. if I had asked.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank EmmaHump313
Shin Espelund, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Bosco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Dear EmmaHump313,

Thank you for your valued feedback, which is greatly appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the welcome to be excellent, allocated room nice and the location convenient.

Kettles are normally provided in the room however I am sorry to hear that there was no kettle in the room. I can assure you the General Manager has been made aware and that a kettle would have been provided if you reported this to our Frontdesk during your stay. .

Hoping to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 3 July 2021

Leisure break spoiled by lack of customer care indifference and the hotel facilities not available that was not mentioned before. I regularly stay in chain hotels half the price of this Bosco one and wish i had done so this time. it to me was awful

Dear lprice614544,

Thank you for your valued review.

I am sorry to read your comments regarding your stay as it seems you did not receive our normally very high standard of customer care.

I can assure you that your observations have been brought to the attention of the General Manager.

I also hope you can understand that the Bar & Lounge has yet to re-open since the pandemic.

Hoping you have the opportunity to return once we resume the Bar&Grill services so you can see that what you experienced was very much an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed 2 July 2021

Bosco is a cut above Premier Inn: nicer decor and lovely bathroom accessories but when I stayed staffing was at bare minimum and there wasn't much warmth in the welcome. Whilst the room was good, the bar was closed and the continental breakfast a bit underwhelming. I suspect that the hotel is just getting back up to speed after lockdowns so I would stay again expecting things to have perked up.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you found the allocated room and bathroom to be nicely decorated and lovely.

Since the pandemic we have yet to officially re-open the Bar & Lounge and your observations regarding the atmosphere as well as breakfast have been brought to the attention of the General Manager.

Looking forward to welcome you back so that you can see what you experienced was very much an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed 29 May 2021

A very disappointing stay. Cleanliness of room & lounge/dining area had a lot to be desired. Very dusty.
Disappointing & unimaginative breakfast
Milk provided in room was sour so unable to use tea/coffee making facilities

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shin Espelund, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Bosco, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2021

Dear 4PatriciaW4,

Thank you for your valued review and for taking my call last week regarding the observations you have brought to our attention.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we do hope you will take advantage of our offer discussed over the phone and visit us on a different occasion so that you can see what you experienced was very much an exception and not the norm.

Reviewed 1 October 2020

We stayed at the hotel last year in March visiting the Volksworld Show, we had an amazing time and so we decided to book the same hotel for this year as well. In March due to Covid-19 we had to cancel, since everything else was cancelled our flight and the show as well.
The show was rescheduled for October so we had to rescheduled our booking to the hotel. After a lot of emails and telephone conversations we managed to tranfer our booking for October.
Mid September i sent an email to the hotel requesting a change again since the show was once again canceled and there were also announed a lot of restrictions in the UK making our stay more and more difficult. I received a plain answer saying that nothing can be done since the hotel is running as usual. I sent another email stating all of the difficulties we are facing and i received nothing, no asnwer nothing. So today i called them with the hope of changing our stay or maybe received an amount of our payment back and their answer was sorry its too late to do anything sorry!
I am very disapointed and angry! We are facing a pandemic they should be able to offer flexibilities, i am traveling from another country the restrictions are everywhere. The tests, the airport documentation requirements are a major problem.
We will hopefully revisiting UK in March 2021 but we will not choose this hotel again for our stay!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Shin Espelund, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Bosco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Dear Anni2684,

Thank you for your valued review, which is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we were not able to offer another date change or free cancellation.
I hope you can understand that the reservations for October were booked on a non-refundable and non-amendable rate on the basis the hotel is operating as we had already offered a date change for the reservations in March 2020 (which were at the time cancelled outside of the cancellation policy).