Lowest prices for your stay
£125
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 Jun
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
742shopping

Surbiton delight

Review of Hotel Bosco
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Jul 2021
Comfortable hotel, with spacious bedroom and ensuite. Conveniently located in centre of Surbiton and close to station for rail links. Good free car parking provided nearby. Due to Covid restrictions there were no bar or restaurant facilities in the evening, though limited breakfast was served in the bar and was perfectly adequate. Overall, had a enjoyable 3 night stay.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jammed with screwdrivers for security
  • Vio.com
Save more with IHG One Rewards
  • Booking.com
0.8 miles from Hotel Bosco
Restaurant
Pub with pleasant outdoor seating
    0.4 miles from Hotel Bosco
      £63
    • Skyscanner.com
    1.2 miles from Hotel Bosco
    View more hotels in Surbiton
    All reviews surbiton station continental breakfast boiled eggs third floor air con minutes walk away bosco lounge free parking small hotel lovely hotel comfy bed car park hampton court kingston mirror rugby twickenham
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 16 July 2021

Rooms clean and bathroom facilities very good . Nice fluffy towels.
    Disappointed with breakfast no cooked food due to covid . We were not made aware of this prior to arrival.
    Breakfast was cereal and toast .
    Staff very pleasant and polite
    No room serviced at present they say due to covid .
    Parking is 5 mins away . You can park outside hotel free for half an hour to check in .

Date of stay: July 2021
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Hi on the 10th of July 2021 it was my wedding and me and my mum and dad stayed here it was very bad the breakfast was very bad to we were told it is the bridal suite and it was not the views out of the window was disgusting we was told that the room will be cleaned the next morning when my wife turns up and it was not it was disgusting and left the way I left it which was the bed folded the way I folded it pillows no toilet paper I’m not cleaned it’s very bad I complained and I’ve got a bottle of champagne for complaining and when we went to drink The champagne glasses out of the bucket and when the glasses were smashed at the bottom not good

Room tip: Be careful
    Date of stay: June 2021
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 10 July 2021

Our trip was not a great success, we have been overcharged for the room, if I booked in August it would have been have the price, so obviously inflated because of the flower show. The room was clean when we arrived, but no housekeeping whilst we were there, not enough tea, coffee and milk in the room. Breakfast was very poor and the location is listed as Kingston when it is Surbiton. A friendly face on reception would bee nice too.

Reviewed 9 July 2021

The breakfast was very poor. Largely prepackaged food lacking in freshness and taste. Despite prewarning, no gluten-free food has been provided. The receptionist (apparently the only member of the staff at the property) went out to get some but only got bread saying cereal was available. (A supermarket 75 yards away had a whole shelf full of it). If you stay here, we recommend going to the café opposite ‘Pickled Pantry’ which had an excellent healthy tasty breakfast at a decent price).
    Our room was not cleaned out on the second day of our stay. There was a coffee machine but no coffee capsules, only one glass provided despite there being two guests and the tea cups and glass were not cleaned/replaced on the second day.
    The basic room design was okay, but there were faults with it such as plug sockets being inaccessible and the low lighting in the bathroom meaning that shaving was essentially guesswork.
    Given all the above, the price was highly excessive.

Reviewed 4 July 2021

Stayed here for one night and it was just the ticket - excellent welcome and a swift check-in, very nice room and great location right by the station and the High Street amenities. The bed was reasonable, although slightly soft for me. They offer a choice of pillows. The bathroom was very nice and a really good size. The room was slightly hot and I couldn't seem to get the air con to cool it down - but that may have been user error! It had a lovely balcony so I cooled off there! The only thing that surprised me was that there was no kettle, tea or coffee (although there was a coffee maker) - I cannot think that is because of Covid so I am not sure why it was. To be fair, I didn't query it with Reception so I don't know if they would have been able to provide a kettle etc. if I had asked.

Date of stay: June 2021
    • Trip type: Travelled on business
    1  Thank EmmaHump313
    Shin Espelund, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Bosco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2021

Dear EmmaHump313,

Thank you for your valued feedback, which is greatly appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the welcome to be excellent, allocated room nice and the location convenient.

Kettles are normally provided in the room however I am sorry to hear that there was no kettle in the room. I can assure you the General Manager has been made aware and that a kettle would have been provided if you reported this to our Frontdesk during your stay. .

Hoping to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Shin