“Fantastic service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
Kingston Upon Thames
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed at this for four weeks whilst work was being done on our house and none of the family were ever woken by noise, even though we had a room overlooking the road. I cannot praise the hotel enough, the staff were amazing, so friendly whist being so proffessional, real old fashioned service that is rare these days. The chef was brilliant, we never repeated a meal on the menue and were never disappointed with any meal, exceptional - thank you Bhaskar.
Sumit, Jimmy, Promish, Abiskek and all the staff did Mr. Singh their excellent Manager proud and made our stay feel more comfortable. Even though we live around the corner, we will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
suresh s, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 23 October 2011
Dear Treveneag,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, and that our staff were efficient and helpful in their service. Please be assured that I have personally passed on your compliments onto Sumit, Jimmy, Promish, Abhishek and Chef Bhaskar. I am indeed proud of the team we have here.

Thank you again for your feedback, I and the whole team look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London- Kingston South in the near future.

Kind Regards

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Greek first
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed in an executive room for 2 weeks from September 12 this year.
The balcony was dirty and had green slime on the base, the bedding had holes in it, the walls in the room needed cleaning as did the windows.
The noise from the road was excessive and meant you couldn't leave the balcony door open when you went to bed. Even when the air conditioning was on, you could hear the noise from the road. The air conditioning didn't woek properly.
I found some of the reception staff unfriendly.
There was no designated rest area for residents apart from a bench outside where people smoked. The bar area was too small and the chairs uncomfortable.
Very disappointing. For me, there are better alternatives if you are a business traveller.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank fox555
MSandfort, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback about the Holiday Inn London – Kingston South on Trip Advisor. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Please let me apologise for the inconsistent service you received during your stay. We have now changed our entire linen and towel stock to brand new ones, to ensure that there are no defects in this area going forward. Our new housekeeper is also working very closely with her team to ensure that rooms are cleaned to the high standards our gusts expect.

We continually train our staff to be genuine, attentive, caring and helpful and we will ensure that any individual training needs are identified and corrective training will be held.

Yours sincerely,

Marc Sandfort
Holiday Inn London – Kingston South
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here multiple times since this hotel opened when attending University, particularly during exam weekends. However, the hotel has recently focused on wedding/other functions on the weekends to fill their rooms. This results in late night parties and a lot of noise penetrating to the rooms. Staff did not respond to requests for a quieter room higher up in the hotel for the second night. We will not be staying here again. Otherwise this is a new hotel with clean, modern rooms and facilities. Upgrading to executive rooms is not worth it. Given that they are targeted at business travellers they do not even include free internet and the premium for the room is not worth it.

Room Tip: In another hotel if you want a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank go0dtimes
MSandfort, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 14 October 2011

Please let me apologise for the disturbances caused by the functions during your stay. I very much regret that we were unable to move your room to a more quiet area of the hotel on this occasion.

The hotel is a part of the local community and we therefore are a venue for locals to celebrate their family occasions. We are working with a specialist company to further improve the sound insulation of our function room to ensure that all other areas of the hotel are quiet, even when an event is held.

The upgrade to an executive room now also includes free Internet and free mini bar, coupled with the rooms being larger and having a balcony overlooking the River Thames, this new offer makes the small upgrade fee better value than before.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I sincerely hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Marc Sandfort
Holiday Inn London – Kingston South
England
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn London Kingston South whilst attending a Conference at Sandown Race Course.

The Hotel met all my expectations and met all the expectations I would expect from a Holiday Inn. The hotel is easily accessible from either Surbiton or Esher Train stations; however both are a short cab ride which should only cost you £5 or £6 pounds.

The rooms were spacious, very modern with a great shower which is a must after a long day at work! Breakfast was good, and they also offer a good evening menu. Parking is a little limited so I would check before booking.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
suresh s, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Dear TigEnland,

I was delighted to read that you had such an excellent experience at the Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, and that the accommodation was comfortable.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of any future assistance. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Leeds
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Stayed here on Business for 2 nights in August 2011. Was very impressed with the standard of the rooms - its all very modern. I stayed in one of the executive rooms overlooking the River Thames.

The food was exellent on both nights and reasonably priced compared to other Holiday Inn/Express hotels in the area.

I managed to get a 2 nights for the price of 1 offer which made the stay extremely good value. However if I had to pay the full rate this hotel would have been out of my price range.

The only slight disappointment is there is no swimming pool.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
suresh s, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 29 September 2011
Dear Guest,
On the outset, I thank you for choosing Holiday Inn London- Kingston south as your preferred choice of hotels during your recent visit in Kingston.

Having just read your review I immediately shared it with our team. Your words are motivational and very much appreciated by us all. I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and were moved to posting a positive review.

I along with my team members look forward to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights finding it absolutely faultless. The staff were very pleasant and attentive, we wanted for nothing. The rooms (inter-connecting) were clean and very well appointed. The breakfast (as I would expect from Holiday Inn) was superb.

We will be back.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank MarkChute
suresh s, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 25 August 2011

Thank you again for your feedback, I along with my team members look forward to welcome you again to the Holiday Inn London- Kingston South in the near future.

Regards

Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our room was clean & well appointed, we had a standard double room. Only stayed one night & had a B&B package. Breakfast was very good and hot. Staff service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
suresh s, Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Having just read your review I immediately shared it with our staff. Your words are motivational and very much appreciated by us all. I am ever so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and were moved to posting a positive review.

We never tire of aiming to further improving our services and I am glad to see that our effort is paying dividend.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surbiton
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel
Brook Kingston Lodge Hotel
#6 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Holiday Inn London-Kingston South? Share your experiences!