“Two girls getting married and introduced as Mr and Mrs ..... ?”

Holiday Inn London-Kingston South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Surbiton
“Two girls getting married and introduced as Mr and Mrs ..... ?”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

As you gathered from the above caption I stayed here for a civil wedding. Hotel itself is a lovely nice room airy and large with a great bed and bathroom. Reception were civil but not over welcoming. Food for the wedding was basic. We had chicken wrapped in bacon and everyone seemed ok. The married couple were stressed throughout the day as the music was on at wrong time, organisational brush up class would not go amiss for these guys. The worst was introducing them as Mr and Mrs. I was embarassed for them. If you are to have a civil cermony go somewhere else. Overall the breakfast the next morning was dry. My friend who is vegetarian had to have a cheese pizza as her option. Its definitely too expensive for what you get. The lady the next day was rude. I stressed this on reception about how all these mistakes put a damper on what is meant to be the best day of your life. I wouldnt stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms are ok
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mula6
Gagan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mula6,

Thank you for your feedback, which I read with great disappointment.

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologise for your most regrettable experience on your special day. The Holiday Inn, London Kingston South takes pride in its services and I assure you that my team is highly disheartened to read that we were not able to live up to our service promise.

Please allow us to contact you in a separate E Mail or call you at your convenient time.

Yours Sincerely

Gagan Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Greek first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel through chessington world of adventures, didn't expect much, but was very surprised. Check in was ok, nice lady on reception, rooms were very nice and clean not a interesting view from the window but the sparkerling bathroom made up for it and the comfy bed. The restaurant looked very nice but we chose to eat out at a near by restaurant. Breakfast was very nice everything you could want even had 2 types of bacon, American pancakes and cold meats, and all good quality. It was a very nice stay, however we got a little confused with we're to park and how to connect to the wifi as it was not clearly explained, but I will defiantly return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gagan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Freya B,

Thank you for your patronage and your stay at Holiday Inn, London Kingston South and for your cordial comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and that location was convenient for your trip to Chessington World Of Adventures.

Car park is indeed complimentary and is located at the rear of the hotel with complimentary Wi-Fi. Our Team, particularly the culinary joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments about the breakfast and we would invite you to sample the lunch and dinner menu also upon your next visit, for which we eagerly wait.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is not bad, but the restaurant in this hotel is the worst I have ever been, very expensive, poor quality of food and lazy and not good service.
The rooms are quite large and very modern, better than many Holiday Inns I have been before.
The unique problem with the rooms are that most of them are quite dark and no Wi-Fi signal, or very little signal.
The location is not very nice, nothing close to the hotel, but it’s near Kingston.
I had room service and the food was not very good, same as the dinner and the breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The quality of the food is very poor, and the service is very bad.
If I had to stay this hotel again I would not eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask room with a balcony. Don't eat in the hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gagan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear MMIHaria,

At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Please give me an opportunity to be able to speak with you directly and let me assure you that corrective measures will be taken to redeem ourselves.

Yours Sincerely

UK
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for four nights, reservation made and paid for months ago. Unfortunately, due to a possibly short time allowed from central reservations, our specific requests were not met when we arrived. But management were able to cope and arranged for us to have a suitable room while we had tea and coffee at the bar.
That evening we were having dinner and a beer accidentally fell over me. Again staff were there quickly, cleaning up and arranging to have clothes laundered. All dealt with gracefully and with good humour.. These people are so nice!
Even an executive room is not perfect, little storage for example, but the bed is comfy, the bathroom very stylish, everything kept spotlessly clean, and in the background, that wonderful team of staff. The managers are good, the chef a delight, the dining room very spacious, with room to move between tables. Good food, OK wine, friendliness all round. Thank you all again!

Room Tip: Executive rooms at the front with a balcony are best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gagan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Peripatetic2,

Greetings from Holiday Inn, London Kingston South and we hope you had a comfortable journey back home.
Thank you for your gracious comments on Tripadvisor post your stay. What a pleasure it was to have you met in person on this occasion and the Team always enjoys serving you and we believe that over the years, we have made great bonding with both of you.

I am sorry for the accident in the restaurant and for your arrival experience and sincerely appreciate your understanding. I have passed your wishes to our team and everybody joins me to Thank you for your custom and we eagerly look forward to welcoming you back some time soon, perhaps sooner than next Year's Hampton Court Flower Show.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Happy to stay at this hotel (will definitely in the future) not to far away from anything and the price is bang on. Lovely walk up to Kingston Upon Thames in the evening if you want to see the sunset over the Thames and there's plenty of taxi's outside the bars and they all know this hotel so it's easy to get back after a few good hours in the pub.
The staff here are incredibly helpful and approachable. After spending several weeks on the road, they're definitely more than your usual, "yes sir no sir three bags full sir" team. They treat you like a friend rather than a paycheck, and that's a huge plus for me.
Plenty of shops in the area and the Train is easy to take into central London.

Room Tip: I had a little trouble with the A/C, (look it's been unreasonably hot here in the the UK so I de...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gagan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Robgyver,

I would like to convey our sincere Gratitude for your kind words after your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, London Kingston South. We are very pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you took the benefit of the pristine River Thames and gorgeous Sunsets.

Thank you for highlighting the efficiency of our Team, your feedback definitely keeps all of us enthused. I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You once again and we have also made a note of your feedback regarding Air-conditioning, which will be addressed promptly.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Kingston south, it is a beautiful hotel with the most friendly staff.
We stayed here and traveled up to Chessington world of adventure and also into Kingston for some shopping, the staff were always happy to help with advice on where to go and how to get there, they were so attentive to us all, and made my son feel like a king! The rooms are great and very modern. Nothing was too much trouble. We stayed for 4 nights, and would definitely stay again.
Brilliant location to the the theme park ( 5/10 mins taxi ride )
I would highly recommend this place, lovely surroundings and great staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah H
Dear Sarah H,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and a mention of our Passionate Team at The Holiday inn London, Kingston South.

I am delighted to read that our team managed to exceed your expectations and we appreciate your recommendation on spreading the word that London Suburb –The Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames has your preferred Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and remain at your disposal for any assistance.

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a modern Holiday Inn. Just what you have come to expect. Rooms are clean , a little small, but quiet and air conditioned. The food is ok but not great. There is a pub across the road which is the place to eat and drink.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gagan S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Kingston South, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear jim S,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor feedback after your recent stay at The Holiday Inn, London Kingston South. I am glad to hear that you were comfortable in your room however, please accept my apologies that our culinary skills could not delight you on this occasion. We take your feedback on board and will work hard in the areas you have highlighted to come up to your expectations consistently.

The Team joins me to Thank you for your custom.

Gagan Sharma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surbiton
Doubletree by Hilton London Kingston Upon Thames
Doubletree by Hilton London King...
#4 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon Thames
Premier Inn London Kingston Upon...
#3 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
The White Hart Hotel
The White Hart Hotel
#1 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon Thames
Antoinette Hotel Kingston upon T...
#7 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Hotel Bosco
Hotel Bosco
#2 of 2 in Surbiton
Warren House
Warren House
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames

Been to Holiday Inn London-Kingston South? Share your experiences!