“Beautiful beach, rip off parking ”
Review of Camber Sands

Camber Sands
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Camber
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited last week on a week day and it was really quiet and a very pleasant visit particularly as the weather was glorious!

The beach was lovely and sandy and made for a very pleasant walk - we didn’t have enough time to sunbathe or anything else.

The beach only had a few people on it, sunbathing, going into the water, kids playing and building sandcastles and people flying kites.

There were a few shops to buy beach gear, lilos and inflatables etc and cafes too.

The parking was a rip off - we paid £1.50 for up to an hour - and I imagine it gets very busy at weekends and holidays so beware.

1  Thank natters1979
Write a ReviewReviews (1,375)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"buckets and spades"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here with 13 friends, best beach I have seen in england. They had some lovely shops which sell food, clothes and anything you need for the beach. We took picnic and wind breakers (as it does get quite windy) and we were there all day. They also have car park with toilets and showers. Absolutely wonderful day, would definatley recommend a visit.

4  Thank Sassy010
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We live near Camber sands and visit on a nice day. It's a gorgeous beach but I want to warn people about the first car park you come to known as the Western Car Park.

I recently parked there and paid only to be issued by Smart Parking the operator acting on behalf of the land owner a charge of £60. They do not tell me why and having done some research I assume it's because I overstayed by about 4 minutes.

The parking is a rip off anyway and I was back to my car in time but got stuck on the way out in a queue. I've read lots of bad press about this company and from the sounds of it an appeal will not work. So my advice would be park up the other end in the pay and display. Park anywhere but this rip off car Park. Why give the landowner money if he's employing a company that has no morals? Camber is a lovely beach but this experience has spoiled it and I will never park at that end again. To be honest it's the end of the beach where do walkers are allowed so if you don't want to be inundated with dogs go up the other end.

17  Thank Madamenibs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was VERY windy when we went and beach by our holiday park was pebbles which surprised me as I'd only been to the beautiful sandy section before. Kids had fun running away from waves and watching kite surfers!
It was clean and access from road was easy.

1  Thank Signing_girl