Johnstone's on Oxley
LaVida on Anzac(Redcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$163
Kallangur Motel(Kallangur)
US$101
US$98
Hotels.com
Bribie Waterways Motel(Bribie Island)
US$96
US$88
US$73
  • Restaurant
Brisbane International - Virginia(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$108
US$81
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed here for one night and while the room and bathroom were clean and tidy, it felt very basic. I love staying at B&B's and while this was fine for one night, I felt the room could have more personal touches to make it a bit more romantic. The house was nice from what we saw and the cooked breakfast was delicious. Please keep in mind that you will need to carry your luggage upstairs.

Room Tip: Try and get room one as it has a bath.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RebeccaCook22
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I'm not usually a B&B kind of Gal but on this occasion I was travelling solo & away for a number of nights I decided a B&B might be the way to go. I booked Johnstone's on Oxley purely based on past Trip Advisor reviews & I was not disappointed. Ken meet me on arrival, showed me around & explained the process around ordering brekkie. To my surprise, I had been allocated an upgraded room because I was staying for 3 nights & they thought I would be more comfortable in a bigger room! This was completely unexpected & most welcome.

The room was spacious with a small lounge area & good size en suite. It had all the comforts; TV, reverse air, tea & coffee,facilities, fridge etc. The room was secure, I felt safe, my car was parked under cover & off the street & I sleep like a log each night.

Brekkie is served daily in the downstairs dining room. There were a number of meal options included in the tariff & you could upgrade for an additional (very reasonable fee). Everything I ate was delicious with the Banana Smoothies a highlight!

Ken & Evelyn Johnstone are absolutely lovely, warm hosts & I would highly recommend Johnstone's on Oxley to anybody visiting the area & looking for comfortable, clean, reasonably priced accommodation in the Redcliffe area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Recently stayed here with my partner for one night. Bedrooms are all upstairs of this old converted Queenslander home. Very welcoming owners and we only booked 15min before our arrival. We were the only guests so not sure how noise would travel with others present. We stayed in Room 1 which has the bath with spa jets. Whilst not overly large bath, it was big enough (just an aside, the bathroom supplies smell fantastic!) Room 1 is at the front of the house, yet there was minimal street noise and only a small amount of light in around the curtains. Breakfast in the morning (ordered the night before) was extensive with the option for a $7 hot meal. Great value, my partner enjoyed his first ever stay in a B&B. Wished we could have stayed 2 nights, but they were understandably fully booked Sat night.

Room Tip: Room 1, bath. Room 3 is the smallest room, however have stayed in smaller hotel rooms and it's sizable enough for a short stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Wanted to stay somewhere with a little more soul than a motel. You have it with Johnstone's. I stayed in Room 4 which is in the rear of the property. All of the rooms (4) are on the top floor so 2 flights of steps need to be considered for those with knee problems, particularly as you will presumably be bringing luggage. The room I had was furnished with a very comfortable Queen size bed, and a small annex with a sofa bed. The room had the usual TV, a bar fridge, jug and some plates and cutlery which is useful if you want to prepare a snack. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom. The breakfast was lovely. Fresh fruit compote, choice of cereal, toast and tea or coffee. For an additional $7 a full breakfast, bacon and eggs and the like was available. The property is on a reasonably busy road and I found, with the windows open, that at night the noise might bother some, particularly if you are in one of the front rooms. However this would not put me off from staying there again. For those who like their seafood might I suggest a visit to a local restaurant - Morgans, Bird of Passage Parade, Scarborough Boat Harbour. They also have a fresh fish take away outlet adjacent to the restaurant. Fantastic prawns and Sydney Rock Oysters available.

Room Tip: A rear room would be my first choice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Catherine007
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I spent the night here on arecent trip. the location was excellent, I could walk to the beach and had easy access to restaurants, it was easy to park. Reception was freindly and helpful notwithsdanding our late arrivals due to airline delays. Breakfast in the morning was a treat, the attention to detail was amazing. The standard of hygene in all aspects was great. there was even a pile of dvd's to help yourself to

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family