“Great decor and attention to detail”
Review of New World

New World
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Bertrange
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Chinese restaurant recently refurbished. Offering Chinese, Mongolian BBQ, Dim Sum, Sushi. Telephone 00 352 318295
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This restaurant, like many in Luxembourg has a buffet at lunch times and standard menu in the evenings. Unlike many though, the decoration is exquisite. The buffet has a great choice including a small part where you can take a plate of raw food to be cooked fresh. In the evening, the dishes come in traditional fasion, i.e a small wooden cask, and the meat on a griddle. Slightly pricier than surrounding Oriental restaurants but far better nonetheless.

2  Thank WillP793

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The lunchtime buffet is supposed to be superb but have never tried. However, the general menu, whilst served very well, seems to have very much a 'samey' taste. I also miss the little 'extras' you get from the other nearby Chinese restaurant.

1  Thank Flaips
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I eat here quite regularly and have always enjoyed the food. However more recently I feel the standards have slipped. Perhaps they are trying to be too many things.
This became clear to me during my last visit in the company of my wife and daughter. I was surprised to see that they have installed a Sushi train in the back room. Add to this the Mongolian BBQ, the normal Chinese buffet???
I hope they make their mind up soon as to what they want to focus.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

A great find in Bertrange, not far from Luxembourg villa. I had a great time at this place. The decor was modern and stylish, the staff was nice and friendly. They came up several times to check if everything was ok. We went for the sushi train which food variety was appreciated (fried prawns, tuna, sea bream, octopus, squid, shrimp, sashimi, soup, ...). Some of the best sushi I've ever had. If you are into Japanese food, you won't be disappointed. We came as Groupon customers and were treated as "real" customers. As we arrived early, we were only 2 couples eating at the sushi train. The cook never stopped to fulfill the train and when he saw that we were done, he did the dessert.

Finally, what we mostly appreciated was the kindness of the waitress who offered her a tea because she was dizzy.

There's a free parking lot.

A delightful night!

Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is a terrible disappointment because New World used to serve some more or less decent Chinese food.

It has now turned into a Chino-Sushi-Mongolian Grill-Thai-Vietnamese food dumps that serves mediocre just-eatable concoctions to people that either don't care or really don't know better.

If you've ever expressed an even distant respect for cuisine, stay away from this place. Stay far away.

1  Thank alexeikarp