Hotel Posada del Hidalgo
TripAdvisor
Rio Vista Hotel(El Fuerte)
  • Restaurant
Hotel la Choza(El Fuerte)
  • Pool
Hotel El Fuerte(El Fuerte)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Hotel Franco(El Fuerte)
BestDay.com
  • Restaurant
Posada Don Jose(El Fuerte)
Hotel Herradura(El Fuerte)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsposada del hidalgobeautiful hotelcopper canyonhappy hourthe rivertown squaretrain stationstreet sidethe hotel's restaurantlocal marketswimming poolshrimptour groupnice roomchurch bellsgreat margaritasquiet at night
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had our Wedding in this hotel,on 13th June,2009.
My Wife is Mexican,i am English,so obviously my Wife knows the best hotels in Mexico!
This place,the photographs do not come anywhere near to doing it justice!We live in England together now,but there's not one day goes by without me thinking of this hotel!
You are close to nature all the time,wonderful palm trees and exotic plants in abundance all around you,the scent of flowers floating on the hot tropical air arouses the senses,and at night,this has got to be the most romantic hotel on Earth!Quiet,beautiful,serene,magical,a Heaven On Earth! SAFE and SECURE,i can be a fault finder at times,but this place stunned me........no faults,just 100% PERFECTION! It took our breath away,and this is as good as it gets!
Mexico's Garden of Eden!

Room Tip: If you can get it,go for the room of El Zorro,but if not,all our guests at the Wedding were simply very happy and content with their rooms,not one complaint,only praise for the entire experience,and the staff were first class!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank AHIDENEILZORRO
Reviewed 14 September 2011

the hotel is about 8km from the train station of the Chepe.

We enjoyed our stay with exception of the arrival. We were expected by a driver from the hotel (although we hadn't booked a transfer), the front desk clerk said it's an attention that we had to pay for. This is not very logical, and it's not about the price, but the fact they take you to the hotel and then charge for it.

We had booked a standard room, those don't have windows, although we saw other rooms that did.
Room was nicely decorated, individual AC.

The hotel has some nice patios, a pool and a jacuzzi.

We had dinner there, the food was pretty nice, but I guess due to low season staff wasn't up to speed either. When we sat down at 8pm for drinks, they asked if we wanted to have dinner, as we said we'd order later, first response was, yes, but we close at 9.30pm. They were friendly, but not very quick.

Other than that, would go back there, as it's a place with atmosphere (apparently built by Zorro himself) and just a block from the main square.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Couldn't have been more pleased with my stay at the Hotel Posada Del Hidalgo!

With all the travel advisories being circulated, people are afraid to come to Mexico. What a shame! This hotel is a hidden gem on the once popular Copper Canyon route. Imagine if you will a beautiful, vintage Mexican hotel with four-star service, and you are the only guest in a property that could easily accommodate 200+ people. My first night, there were three or four other guests, my second night I was it.

This propery is lovely. From the time the driver pulled up in front of the hotel, the bags were whisked up a steep ramp to the hotel check-in. The hotel staff was waiting for my arrival, and put an ice cold frozen margarita in my hand -- even before I checked in. Now that's service.

The hotel is an old home (hacienta) that has been converted into a boutique hotel. It is filled with outdoor patios, flowers, gardens and hummingbirds. The hotel is a visual feast with antiques scattered about on deep porches and patios.

Drinks and meals were served next to the hotel swimming pool, and breakfast was served in an open garden room. "Zorro" didn't put in an appearance, but the staff proved to be attentive and entertaining.

The property was safe, the room was nice and one of the few properties that had a TV. Never turned it on, but thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of the surroundings,

El Fuerte and the hotel were one of the most pleasant stops on my Copper Canyon trip. The hotel is only a short block from the square, close the river, the Cathedral, and the museum. Not sure what I was charged for this hotel, as it was part of a package, but it was well worth the money. Meals were not included in the price of this hotel,

I would enjoy going back to visit the Posade del Hidalgo and El Fuerte again.

Great hotel!!! Great trip!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank PhoenixRising88
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I didn't actually stay at this hotel during a recent trip to El Fuerte but fortunately was referred to the hotel during my stay and accessed their tourism services which were excellent. It is not easy locating tourist information in El Fuerte and this hotel seems to have established a niche in assisting tourists to make the most of their stay in El Fuerte. I went on their city tour and the tour to the Indian village which were both fabulous. They also have a Zorro themed cocktail hour at the hotel with is good fun.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2011

A traditional Spanish colonial house and courtyard converted into a hotel. Very atmospheric, comfortable and relaxing. Staff friendly (particularly El Zorro himself), and a great place to get away from the concrete and steel hotels in some other parts of Mexico.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple