“Lovely relaxing break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trelew Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Buryan
Trelew Farm
Ranked #5 of 8 St Buryan B&B and Inns
Devon
“Lovely relaxing break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Nicola was a fantastic landlady, ensuring we had everything we needed, including a pot of tea on arrival and lovely breakfasts. The farm was in a very quiet setting and the rooms were spacious and well equipped. Good wifi. I would definitely return or recommend to friends.

Stayed September 2016, travelled on business
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 9 September 2016
I am glad you both enjoyed your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Barnstaple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2016

We were greeted by Nicola with a welcome cup of tea. Our room was very comfortable, the guest rooms all furnished with charming attention to detail. Breakfast was excellent. On our first evening, we thoroughly enjoyed the nature trail from the farm to Boscawen-Un Stone Circle. On the following two days, we were happy to be within such easy reach of Penzance, Porthcurno (with a glorious beach below the Minack Theatre), Mousehole and, on a wet Wednesday, St Ives. A lovely location and a lovely three night stay. We hope to go back one day to see some of the other places Nicola mentioned.

Stayed June 2016
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 21 June 2016
So glad you enjoyed your stay and the surrounding area, thanks for your review also
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Trelew Farm for two nights in April. Nicola was a lovely and friendly host. My room was very well decorated and peaceful. Nicola's attention to detail was great, for instance she put decaf teabags in my room even though I didn't ask for them because she knew that I had drunk it at breakfast.

The breakfast was great, all made with locally sourced ingredients.

With a car, the farm is very well located for South and West Cornwall.

I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2016, travelled with friends
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 21 June 2016
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2016

The litmus test for any advice like this is whether the reviewer actually returned; I did and I shall do so again. You receive a genuinely warm welcome here and its good value for money. The rooms are immaculate, the bed I slept in very comfortable and the whole experience rounded off by a sumptuous breakfast. The central location is perfect if you wish to explore this very special part of the world and the what other Farmhouse B&B offers such lovely views AND its own prehistoric stone circle? Mrs Sampsons tips on where to eat and what to avoid were spot on.

• Stayed April 2016, travelled with friends
      Location
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 1 May 2016
Thank you for taking the time to review and I am glad you enjoyed your return stay at Trelew.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2015

Just returned from a four night stay at Trelew farm with our two grandsons. And we had a fantastic time. The rooms were cosy and comfortable and breakfasts were fantastic - the boys had a cooked breakfast every day and we can't usually get them to eat much more than cereal.
Nicola and her husband John were excellent with the boys, showing them the milking sheds, explaining what happens to the milk, collecting eggs etc. They really did enjoy staying on a farm and I highly recommend Trelew
Added to that, we were lucky enough to have excellent, sunny weather and were able to visit many local beauty spots and attractions. We hope to return

• Stayed August 2015, travelled with family
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 1 May 2016
It is good to hear you all enjoyed your stay and with glorious weather as well.
Concord, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2015

This is a very much POST-dated review, so the date provided is not accurate.

I checked online to see if Trelew Farm was still providing B&B accommodations and am delighted to see that the Sampsons are still in business both as hosts and as farmers. A friend and I stayed at Trelew Farm on our first trip to the UK in 2006, and I've never forgotten the hospitality offered nor the beauty of the spot. It is my fondest wish to get back as soon as I may. My thanks to our hosts for wonderful memories of our Cornwall stay.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 1 August 2015
Thank you and great to hear from returning guests. We have been taking guests now for twenty one years this year and I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Tadworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2015

Made to feel very welcome. The room was very comfortable with lovely view. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. A very beautiful location. Peaceful, yet convenient to visit the many attractions in that part of cornwall.

• Stayed June 2015, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Nicola S, Owner at Trelew Farm, responded to this review, 22 June 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review and so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Buryan
Broomhill Manor Country Estate

Been to Trelew Farm? Share your experiences!