“Yummy food and good atmosphere.”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ludgvan
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed two meals here during our holiday. Made to feel welcome by the staff. Food was delicious. Lasagne was delicious and hubby said his liver and bacon was unparalleled. He enjoyed the beer too. Would become our local if we were local.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

An ok pub / food stop. Some may say quaint I'd be inclined to say in need of some attention. Service on the whole fine, as was the food - certainly portion sizes cannot be complained about! Slight issue on the night we visited that a number of dishes where unavailable, but still just enough choice not to detract too much. Will try again when full menu available as place deserves a second chance and 'missing' dishes sounded good. Wine choice limited but Hamish beer worthy of a try and I believe - from the locals that - their Sunday roast is good.

1  Thank RandRI
Reviewed 5 April 2014

There is always a warm welcome in this attractive granite pub next door to Humpry Day's tomb in Ludgvan Church Town.
Service is welcoming and efficient with a good menu selection which always includes at least a couple of vegetarian options, even on a Sunday (when it is best to book). Their own "Hamish" cask brew is back on tap, as are there own Giraud spirits. There are couple of tables outside, but no reall garden.
It is not far off the A30 between Marazion and Penzance so is worth the detour. It is very close to Cornwall Farmers new "Patch and Acre" store (also worth a visit). The St Michaels Way path passes the front door.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

White Hart
Our lunchtime visit to Ludgvan's White Hart began well, but ended in disappointment. When we arrived the barman/waiter was friendly and attentive, and took the order for our party of four, but then disappointment began to set in. We were the only customers, and saw nobody else apart from the Caterfood man making a delivery.
Two of us ordered steaks (only rump was on the menu) which were considerably smaller than we're accustomed to; one was over-done (to paraphrase Rick Stein, cooking a piece of meat isn't rocket science), and at £15 each, over-priced. One member of the party wanted only ham sandwiches, and neither ordered nor wanted the chips and salad which arrived with them. Perhaps they were there in an attempt to justify the £9 price!
At a little before 2.30 (the sign outside proclaimed that food was being served until 2.30) we tried to place an order for desserts but were told by the barman/waiter that the chef had gone home. We thought of asking him why on earth he hadn't thought of mentioning this while we were taking our time studying the desserts menu, but then thought “what's the point”?
Will we return? No.

1  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited this pub thanks to a recommendation from the owners of the Old Primary School Cottage. I waited until my last evening down in Ludgvan to visit as I had been rather busy the previous day. It was definitely worth the wait! Upon entering and making my way to the bar I was greeted kindly and given time to choose my food and drink (I can be very picky). I decided on the Chicken and Chorizo with sautéed potatoes and roasted veg. I also chose a bottle of Green Goblin Cider to wash it all down. One very important element of any eating experience for me is the cutlery, which was sparklingly clean and well presented. My main dish then came out and it was amazing! I didn't dare touch it with any salt, pepper or sauces because the flavours from each ingredient perfectly complemented each other. With no provocation I decided that I had to try a dessert and I am so glad that I did. I had the Banoffee Pavlova, which was of course a mix of banana slices, toffee sauce, meringue and whipped cream. It was sublime! I will definitely stray off the main road when next on my way to Penzance, just so that I can try something else off the daily menus.