“Elegant country house in Cornwall” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ennys

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Hilary
Ennys
Ranked #1 of 3 St Hilary B&B and Inns
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States
“Elegant country house in Cornwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I wish I had been able to spend more time just enjoying the gardens and the peace and quiet of this place, but I was "on the go" most of the time. Beautiful old house; tastefully updated. Nice breakfast. On the morning of my departure I was leaving very early, and the staff thoughtfully made up a bag of snacks for me to take along in lieu of a hot breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonathan K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is a unique place of peace and relaxation. Close to great tourist areas and if you just want to get away and relax you can do that here very easily. Tastefully decorated and great grounds surrounding the establishment. Great service and excellent breakfast. Everyone is very friendly. A little hidden Gem indeed. we'll be back!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Unfortunately for me, I’m a pretty busy chap, and I tend to leave accommodation arrangements to my wife when we are going away. She tells me where we are going and I then worry about what I’m going to eat. Fortunately for me, she can always be relied upon to search out an excellent place for us to stay. Ennys was no exception, and we were impressed from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.

The B&B itself is a very pretty house in excellent order and tastefully presented. Gill, the owner, is obviously both well travelled and cultured, and this reflects in every detail, from the décor to the books in the library. We found both her and her staff very friendly, and happy to help us at all times. There is even a very friendly local cab driver called Roger, who attends to the guests at Ennys, and who ferried us around at a moments notice during our stay.

The facilities are also a real draw, and with both a grass tennis court and a swimming pool, are over and above what one would expect. The breakfast and choice offered is also excellent. There is certainly no element of feeling like you shouldn't be around during the day, which given the weather was also a good thing!

We really don’t have a bad word to say about Ennys, and would recommend it extremely highly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Everything about this B&B is charmed: the tucked away location, the manor house and gardens, pool and tennis courts and not least the owner, who is friendly whilst effective and has exceptionally good taste. Her taste and high standards translate into a wonderful service, clean and beautifully decorated rooms and common areas with original and interesting artwork. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't find a single fault with this amazing retreat. We will definitely be returning!

Thomas Vogt-Skard

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

This is one of those hotels that should not be reviewed on tripadvisor as those that stay here want it to remain a closely guarded secret.

Located at the end of a winding country lane, this beautfully maintained ivy clad guesthouse is one of the best I ever stayed in.

Before arrival, we contacted the owner who organised bike rental for us and marked out some routes for us to enjoy. There are great cycle routes all around the region with stunning views of Cornwall's finest scenery.

The owner of the guesthouse has a great knowledge of the area and made some great recommendations for our stay.

The rooms are very comfortable. Mine had a four poster bed (not a four coaster bed as my scrawny friend insisted was the correct term). It also had a great window seat and a great selection of books and magazines for perusal.

The property has lovely gardens and an outdoor swimming pool. It also has a grass tennis court which unfortunately, we didn't get to use as my scrawny travel companion didn't want me to beat him again.

Well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ThomasheenOgRua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights late June. Lovely location, wonderful gardens, beautiful house and very friendly and helpful staff. Just a shame I never got round to using the swimming pool. Thank you for a great couple of days.

• Stayed June 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Ennys is a Bed and Breakfast with style and class, undoubtedly putting it in a league of it's own. A little off the beaten track ensures just the right mix of civilisation versus privacy and solitude.
Your Cornwall escape starts with a warm welcome from owner Gill, followed by freshly baked homemade scones and pot of tea in the stunning surrounding gardens of this magnicant 17th Centuray Manor House. After a realxing cuppa and bite to eat in the afternoon sun, it's time to settle in.
The bedrooms that my parents and I stayed in were truly beautifully decorated and furnished. With luxurious bedlinen, modern bathroom facilties, bath robe, tea and coffee making facilties, and a superb view of the surrounding countryside, who would ever want to leave their room! And if you do have the inclination to leave your cosy room, there is a very relaxing lounge room to enjoy reading a book or play board games with family and friends. The rest of the house is tastefully decked out in an eclectic mix of antiques, art and interesting artifacts from around the world creating a warm and unique atmosphere.

Breakfast at Ennys is a most wonderful expercience using fresh, local produce including homemade jams and spreads. Jenna provides friendly, efficient service and contrubutes warmly to the dining atmosphere. The museli for me was the best I've ever tasted, complemented by the fresh fruit and yoghurt, followed by toast with lemon curd or delicious marmalade! And need I mention the quality of the hot breakfasts, just amazing! Breakfast at Ennys is a truly fabulous way to begin your day of either relaxing by the pool, playing tennis, exploring the surrounding paddocks or sightseeing around the coast line!

Thankyou so much Gill and the team for allowing us to experience the wonderfulness that is Ennys!

Kate, Sharon-lee and Hugh.

• Stayed May 2011
#1 of 25 in Falmouth
Old Vicarage
Old Vicarage
#2 of 3 in St Hilary

Been to Ennys? Share your experiences!