“EXCELLENT ACCOMODATIONS, EXCELLENT LOCATION”
Review of Ennys

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Hilary
Ennys
Ranked #1 of 3 St Hilary B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We (3 of us) stayed here for 4 days the first week of September. We had two rooms & both were lovely. This is an excellent boutique hotel - everything is first class! The rooms are comfortable and very nicely decorated. And the bathrooms are a real treat - they are very updated. The room I stayed in had a fully glassed-in shower, which is so unusual for England! (Not the half-glass showers that make you spray water on the floor) And there are face cloths(unusual for Europe) as well as fluffy towels on a towel warmer.
Everything in your room is well thought out for your comfort - - a tea service in your room with biscuits, a wall mirror in the room (very thoughtful), comfortable bedding and a comfortable chair, books and magazines for you to read, and even a box of real tissues! (very unusual for most hotels in the UK) There is also a TV in the room. The room is truly a haven in which to relax.
But that is not all, there is a main sitting room downstairs which we put to use often. There are comfy sofas and chairs, games to play, plenty of books, and even a CD player to listen to. Each afternoon the owner, Gill Charlton, serves guests tea and cake - delicious!
The grounds of Ennys are beautiful, too. There are various garden areas (including her vegetable garden), there is a heated outdoor pool, and a grass tennis court, and the view behind the parking area is lovely.
Gill is a most helpful and attentive host. If she gives you sight seeing ideas, you can believe that they are worthwhile to visit! Every recommendation she gave us to see or do turned out to be wonderful.
The breakfasts at Ennys are simply wonderfully delicious. And Gill tries to accommodate most special diets (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) Just let her know in advance.
Though the roads are narrow to get to Ennys, it is very centrally located for seeing all of Cornwall. We covered a lot of the area during our 4 day visit.
www.ennys.co.uk I would definitely go to Ennys again!
I have to tell you that I am only writing this review because I liked Gill so much, and want her to continue to have business - - otherwise I'd keep this jewel of a place to myself!

Room Tip: I believe that they are all good rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jainsea
There are newer reviews for Ennys

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We had learnt some years ago to appreciate staying at Ennys, but this year it is better than ever. The quality of everything is absolutely first class - very comfortable beds, gracious rooms,smart bathrooms, perfect breakfast,and a beautiful position up a one mile drive, with good walks nearby. Well placed for driving anywhere in West Cornwall. The whole thing put together and run efficiently by the expert Gill Charlton, who could not be more helpful. Great value, too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We arrived at Ennys quite by chance, as we had tried to find accommodation at another place that was full, and the owner kindly forwarded our name to Gill, the owner of Ennys.How lucky for us ! More like a luxury boutique hotel than a B and B - tea and home made cake on arrival, in the splendour of the drawing room in this gracious Georgian Manor House. Fresh flowers in the spacious bedrooms, towelling gowns too, and beautiful bed linen to complete exceptionally comfortable beds. Gill's extensive knowledge of the surrounding area, and her suggestions for lovely walks all combined to make our stay most enjoyable.
Thank you Gill.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I wish I had been able to spend more time just enjoying the gardens and the peace and quiet of this place, but I was "on the go" most of the time. Beautiful old house; tastefully updated. Nice breakfast. On the morning of my departure I was leaving very early, and the staff thoughtfully made up a bag of snacks for me to take along in lieu of a hot breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonathan K
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is a unique place of peace and relaxation. Close to great tourist areas and if you just want to get away and relax you can do that here very easily. Tastefully decorated and great grounds surrounding the establishment. Great service and excellent breakfast. Everyone is very friendly. A little hidden Gem indeed. we'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Unfortunately for me, I’m a pretty busy chap, and I tend to leave accommodation arrangements to my wife when we are going away. She tells me where we are going and I then worry about what I’m going to eat. Fortunately for me, she can always be relied upon to search out an excellent place for us to stay. Ennys was no exception, and we were impressed from the moment we arrived until the moment we left.

The B&B itself is a very pretty house in excellent order and tastefully presented. Gill, the owner, is obviously both well travelled and cultured, and this reflects in every detail, from the décor to the books in the library. We found both her and her staff very friendly, and happy to help us at all times. There is even a very friendly local cab driver called Roger, who attends to the guests at Ennys, and who ferried us around at a moments notice during our stay.

The facilities are also a real draw, and with both a grass tennis court and a swimming pool, are over and above what one would expect. The breakfast and choice offered is also excellent. There is certainly no element of feeling like you shouldn't be around during the day, which given the weather was also a good thing!

We really don’t have a bad word to say about Ennys, and would recommend it extremely highly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Everything about this B&B is charmed: the tucked away location, the manor house and gardens, pool and tennis courts and not least the owner, who is friendly whilst effective and has exceptionally good taste. Her taste and high standards translate into a wonderful service, clean and beautifully decorated rooms and common areas with original and interesting artwork. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't find a single fault with this amazing retreat. We will definitely be returning!

Thomas Vogt-Skard

#1 of 19 in Penzance
Trevelyan Arms
Trevelyan Arms
#1 of 2 in Goldsithney

Been to Ennys? Share your experiences!