“Gastronomical Extravaganza”

Le Calabash Petit Conservatoire de la Cuisine
Price range: US$88 - US$2,330
Cuisines: African, French, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Calabash is set in a small French hamlet. Alison and Sidney are both accomplished chefs of international standard and the service is personal and friendly. The restaurant / culinary school is small and cosy which includes a cookery school and accomadation. Meals include a demonstration on selected days. They take bookings for private parties and groups.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you are looking for a great vacation experience- one that is truly relaxing yet stimulating & inspiring- then consider spending a week with Sidney & Alison Bond at Le Calabash Cooking Extravaganza. Two (not one) world class chefs, invite you into their home & share their passion & joy of cooking with wonderful & wholesome foods. Not only will you learn new techniques, you are treated to a week of gastronomical delights! The Bonds are genuinely warm & hospitable, and gentle & effective in their teaching , and you very soon feel inspired not only to prepare new foods with practiced skills, but also to enjoy new and sometimes exotic tastes, Sidney & Alison are passionate in sharing their love of healthy & fresh foods, excellent cooking, and the natural beauty and history of the Loire Valley, all seasoned with new friendships & companionship! It is truly an event of a lifetime & I hope to return again & again!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank PatS224
lecalabash, Owner at Le Calabash Petit Conservatoire de la Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Pat
Thank you so much for your kind words and inspirational feedback. We both loved having you and Brian at le Calabash and seeing you both enjoy the Culinary Adventure together. Please keep us posted on how the cooking is going and remember if you ever have any questions or need a recipe, we are here.
Kindest Regards
Alison and Sid

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have you ever watched cooking shows on TV, and wondered what it would be like to have personal access to one of those professionals!? This is it! It's being invited into the home of TWO world class Chefs! Sidney and Alison were patient, warm, hospitable, and outright loving! This was an adventure that pushed my considerably limited culinary abilities. Believe me when I say if the Bonds can navigate me successfully through a week in the kitchen, then it is true to say that all you need to take with you to France is the passion to have a week of amazing food and fun! If you're considering Le Calabash, DO IT!!! Don't think, just go (and thank me and trip advisor later).

1  Thank BrianSchoenfeld
lecalabash, Owner at Le Calabash Petit Conservatoire de la Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Brian
Wow, thank you for your feedback and review, it is truly inspirational. We absolutely loved having you and your mum here and you are a son second to none, the surprise you gave your mum by bringing her on a surprise vacation to France and le Calabash is so so special. Keep it Cooking and please ensure you keep us posted on your kitchen adventures, you do have the passion and skills to do well.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you want to have an experience doing something you enjoy and a beautiful setting with wonderful people this is a perfect choice. We could not believe how much we learned that gave you confidence to use these skills in the future.

Sidney and Alison invited us into their home and demonstrated hospitality above and beyond a job. Their genuine character was refreshing and added to the experience of the French countryside.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Allison, thank you so much for your kind words. We both thoroughly enjoyed having both Doug and you here with us on 'A French Culinary Adventure' with us. You and especially Doug, made us laugh so much and made the Adventure special.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had the chance to do a macaron mastercass at Le Calabash Petit Conservatoire de la Cuisine. The hosts are very friendly and the meal was really good ! I've learn how to make the macarons, Alison Bond (the Pastry Chef) is a really good teacher. It was so fun to work in their workshop. I hope I can come back there soon.

2  Thank Marie-LoOuU
lecalabash, Owner at Le Calabash Petit Conservatoire de la Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

It was a pleasure have the St Ursule ladies her with us at le Calabash for lunch and The Macaron Masterclass. Thank you for your kind words and hope you are enjoying making Macarons at home.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Thank you Sidney and Allison for an experience of a lifetime! Your passion for food and people is contagious. You fanned the ember smoldering in me and reminded me why I started this journey. What I learned in my short time there is invaluable and is already paying off for me! Thank you so much for who you are and what you do! I am already planning for next year and brining the husband this time! Le Calabash is a special place and a must for your bucket list.

lecalabash, Owner at Le Calabash Petit Conservatoire de la Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Wow, thank you so much for your wonderfull review and kind words. We both find it so inspiring and motivating when we recieve a review and response like this.Cooking is our passion and sharing it is our dream. Your Room and Bottle of Sparkling Vouvray at Château Valcreuse is waiting for you and your husband, we cant wait to welcome you back. In the mean time 'Keep it Cooking'