See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We had such a lovely first holiday abroad in July with our 11 month old in Domaine de la Maison Neuve! Clarisse (and her husband!) made us feel so welcome and gave us so much invaluable information on what to do during our stay. The cottage was perfect with the kitchen containing all the utensils you'd ever need and more for self-catering. She even kindly provided us with champagne glasses when we made a comment, as well as all the baby paraphernalia (baby bath, high chair, cot) which we really appreciated! We will definitely be back! Thank you so much! Such a lovely family.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2015

This has to be one of the hardest reviews I have written. Words cannot adequately describe the overall excellence of Domaine de la Maison Neuve nor the hospitality and generosity shown to us by Clarisse.
For the first four nights my wife and I stayed in the very comfortable and quiet Peche de vigne bedroom which overlooked the freshly harvested wheat fields.
The next four nights we stayed in the luxuriously appointed Holiday Cottage. It was amazing.
What you see on the website is what you get.
Clarisse also speaks English and Spanish. We also found that most of the other guests spoke English in addition to their native language. This was of great benefit to us as breakfast is eaten at a large table in the kitchen.
There is an extensive area of off road parking.
There is a pub in the nearby village about 350 metres away. The pub serves basic inexpensive lunches and dinners from Monday to lunchtime Friday.
If I wrote any more words I would only be repeating the lavish praise contained in the reviews written by other guests.
Clarisse, if you read this, we cannot thank you enough for the many times you assisted us during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2015

Our stay here with Clarisse was great. Her hospitality and friendliness made a big difference. The house was very clean and the breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. She is very knowledgeable about the area and could give advice on where to go and what to see. Our French is non existent I am ashamed to say but Clarisse speaks very good English and we enjoyed chats at breakfast.

Room Tip: I don't think there was a bad room in the house
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2015

My wife and I stayed 4 nights at the Domaine de la Maison Neuve and found it to be one of the nicest, most relaxing stays during our 5 week vacation. The setting is beautiful, the 19th century stone farm building has been restored to a very high standard, the rooms are large and well appointed, the bathrooms are very nice and roomy, and best of all, Clarisse and her husband are marvelous hosts. They are very friendly, speak excellent English, and are of great help in deciding what to see in the region.

Breakfast is served around a large table so you can meet and chat with the other guests, and the food was very good and plentiful. I would highly recommend the Domaine de la Maison Neuve to anyone who is considering spending time in the Loire Valley.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are good; you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2015

My friend and I spent 5 days at Domaine de la Maison Neuve in May, 2015. It is a beautiful and very comfortable B&B and the best part was the hospitality we were shown by Clarisse and her family. Clarisse was so helpful in planning our visits to the chateaus in the region and, based on her recomendations, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Loire region. The B &B is located near the charming town of Loches and is in a great location for touring the Loire Valley. The breakfast that Clarisse provided was excellent and we especially enjoyed being served at the big table so that we could have a chance to meet and talk with the other guest staying at the B&B. We were in France for 5 weeks and stayed at many B&Bs and small hotels and I will say that Domaine de la Maison Neuve was the best! If you are planning to visit the Loire Valley you should really consider staying at Domaine de la Maison Neuve.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends