“Memorable GetAway”
Review of Guana Island

Guana Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Guana Island
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Perfect place for a romantic get away for you and your significant other. Very relaxing, loved it. Will definetly visit again. Food and service was excellent. I loved the self service bars. Lovely!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria843

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

When I found Guana Island I knew I had found my perfect Caribbean paradise. Great views and privacy, off the grid rooms and isolation, excellent service and incredibly low key. I am on my 5th consecutive stay. I've stayed many places in the BVI, USBI, Grand Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Bahamas, Puerto Rico and none compare to Guana.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Junebughiker
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have been going back to this truly unique and amazing island for years. Each trip we find it to be in many ways unchanged and this is a very good thing. No tv,disco music, or telephones in the rooms. It still retains its total charm from Quaker days of the eighteenth century, but with the hidden 21st century improvements such as large bathrooms with great robes,very comfortable beds , wifi, gourmet meals and a staff willing to serve you at every turn. Hard to go home, but with luck we will return again next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chacha4820
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This island is private with private houses and properties. In the big bay there is a small dock which we were thrown our from when we tried to tie up our dingy for a walk at the beach. We were asked to use the middle or eastern part of the beach which we did. No people on this white beach with wonderful water. We hired one of the moorings which was was rent (as always use 30/night) and spend a very quite evening with a great sunset behind a big yeah anchoring up in the bay late in the afternoon. No restaurants or other facilities; just a quite place to stay overnight.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We recently returned from Guana. We spent 6 nights there for our 20.5 year anniversary. If you have not familiarized yourself with their website do so now, it is very accurate and helpful. We flew into Tortola and we met by the very friendly staff that took us to the boat for the short ride over to Guana. After arriving at the dock in Guana we were met my 3-4 staff members that welcomed us to the island and gave us a tour and drove us to our room. There are not any true roads on Guana. Everyone gets around using golf carts. We stayed in the North Beach Cottage which comes with its own golf cart which is wonderful. Our villa was on a secluded beach that was away from the rest of the main part of he island. It has its own pool, deck and it the epitomy of private. The entire time we stayed there we did not see anyone on "our" the beach. The staff is wonderful, they will do as much or as little as you desire. My wife and I spent most days on the island hiking the trails or hanging out on the beach. We did scuba dive one day and the staff set everything up for us. There were only about 10-12 guest on the island while we were there. I am typically not as social as my wife, but I thought the conversations at the breakfast and lunches with the other guests were one of the best parts. There were guests from all over the world and chatting with them about their parts of the world and the different professions was fascinating. The island is truly unspoiled, there are miles of hiking trails, some easy some difficult. The staff provided us with a cell phone for the week in case we needed anything urgently. Our cottage had WiFi which I worked much better than I would have thought. During my wife's daily naps I could easily stream netflix movies and facetime with the kids back home worked pretty well. The food was top notch. Breakfast was a buffet or off a menu, lunch was a buffet and dinner was off a menu. I am a health nut and eat what most would describe as extremely healthy. I had no problems maintaining my diet there, they always provided a fish dish with lunch and dinner and fresh vegetables and fruits were always available. I exercise quite a bit and was able to run on the flat part of the island in a .6 mile loop. I also am a magnet for bugs and found that I was bitten much less than anywhere else I have been, including my own home. It rained the day we left otherwise mostly sunny. When I booked the vacation I wanted somewhere private and secluded, Guana was perfect. It was so nice not bothered on the beach every 10 minutes with someone selling you a drink, if you want a drink at Guana you just walked to the bar and make one yourself. This is definitely not the place if you are looking for clubs, hook ups and nightlife, its just not that kind of place. It is not cheap but for us on our 20th it was as close to perfect as we could have asked for. The great service extended to the Tortola airport on our way home when the man that runs the island happened to be departing at the same time and asked where in Puerto Rico we were spending the night and after telling him about the cheap hotel we were staying, he promptly changed our reservation to the Ritz in Puerto Rico for the Guana employee rate of $125.00 a night!! Guana will be tough to top for our future island vacations. Our kids want to go to Atlantis this summer and I am dreading it!! haha.

Room Tip: The North beach cottage sits all by itself. You can only get there with a golf cart and it is comple...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Spasmus
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our family of 4 just returned from a week's stay at Guana Island and had a fantastic time. First of all, the location is spectacular- you can hike, snorkel, tour the orchard, watch birds or whatever you desire without leaving the island. The accommodations are simple and elegant, and the lack of phones and TVs in the room is a definite plus that we hope the resort won't change. Our teenage boys read 9 books between them and it was great for us all to get away from technology for a week. The food was wonderful- appropriately proportioned and delicious with enough variety throughout the week to keep us happy. The hotel staff were among the best we've met and were always happy to accommodate whatever request we made. If you are seeking peace and quiet and to get away from the crowds this is it. We will definitely return,

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank coldweatherescaper
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Greg and I were supposed to stay for four night at Guana Island but then realized that we wanted to stay longer. As a result we extended for another three nights. We end up having the island for the two of of those last days. Staff was amazing, food was insane and the massage. yoga incredible. The beach, just to think that such an amazing place exist is hard to believe. The pictures don't make adgustment because the place is just spectacular.
I can go on and on but overall this was an incredible stay. From playing tennis for hours, having lunch at the beach/drinks, go kayaking, and the list goes on. Over all Guana island and staff was a try paradise. See you soon Guana :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
#1 of 7 in Virgin Gorda

Been to Guana Island? Share your experiences!