“Sweet Serendipity”
Review of Guana Island

Guana Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Guana Island
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were here for just two nights, and we had some flight delays on the way there - but Guana Island made everything worth it. On a small island with an even smaller population, you can really find a lot to do. Two nights definitely are not enough, but we got to hike a bit, explore various islands around with a rented boat, visit the orchard and enjoyed a little bit of the water sports (which they have a large selection of). We did a bit of cave exploring on an island not too far from Guana as well. We had a nice private Infiniti pool along with our cottage that overlooked some of the most beautiful views of the island, which was great to relax around after dinner with some cigars and drinks. The food we ate was wholesome, robust and delicious (the Chef himself comes from Spain) and there is unlimited wine at lunch and dinner. I had a body scrub and massage on the second day early in the morning and I do recommend it, the spa is outdoors, serene and adorable. It was great waking up in paradise for two days. The people were amongst the friendliest and I really enjoyed the diversity of the people. I am dying to go back to see and do all I haven't done there yet. If you are looking for a peaceful vacation where you can really appreciate all that mother nature has given us, Guana is THE island!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B B

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband, myself and our 9 year old daughter have found the perfect Caribbean getaway. A wonderful respite from the winter blahs. The food surpassed our expectations. Our daughter wants to return next year. This comes from a girl who ranks 'Villa D'Este' of Lake Como as one of favourite places in the world. We know we will return ...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Honoluluchick
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Guana island is a great place to vacation if you enjoy quiet, nature, hiking, relaxing on the beach, water activities such as snorkeling, paddle boarding, and rowing. The dinners are luscious 3 course meals which will really spoil you for when you have to go back home and eat regular food. Hiking is great. The topography of the island is actually quite surprisingly steep. Bring good hiking shoes and see the island vistas from the peaks of the island-spectacular with Jost Van Dyke, St Croix and Virgin Gorda all in various panoramas. We did feel that the hikes are more difficult than what the hotel brochure describes. For example: the "moderate level" hike which should take about two hours, we would actually rate as "difficult" and it took us 4 hours to complete. Of note, my husband and I are in fairly good physical condition and hike all the time. The staff are wonderful, friendly and so accommodating. You feel right at home on day one.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. We stayed in Upper Camino-The view is mesmerizing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank islandspot
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Perfect place for a romantic get away for you and your significant other. Very relaxing, loved it. Will definetly visit again. Food and service was excellent. I loved the self service bars. Lovely!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria843
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

When I found Guana Island I knew I had found my perfect Caribbean paradise. Great views and privacy, off the grid rooms and isolation, excellent service and incredibly low key. I am on my 5th consecutive stay. I've stayed many places in the BVI, USBI, Grand Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Bahamas, Puerto Rico and none compare to Guana.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Junebughiker
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have been going back to this truly unique and amazing island for years. Each trip we find it to be in many ways unchanged and this is a very good thing. No tv,disco music, or telephones in the rooms. It still retains its total charm from Quaker days of the eighteenth century, but with the hidden 21st century improvements such as large bathrooms with great robes,very comfortable beds , wifi, gourmet meals and a staff willing to serve you at every turn. Hard to go home, but with luck we will return again next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chacha4820
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This island is private with private houses and properties. In the big bay there is a small dock which we were thrown our from when we tried to tie up our dingy for a walk at the beach. We were asked to use the middle or eastern part of the beach which we did. No people on this white beach with wonderful water. We hired one of the moorings which was was rent (as always use 30/night) and spend a very quite evening with a great sunset behind a big yeah anchoring up in the bay late in the afternoon. No restaurants or other facilities; just a quite place to stay overnight.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
#4 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
#1 of 7 in Virgin Gorda

Been to Guana Island? Share your experiences!