“good for business trips”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Makati, Philippines
“good for business trips”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I don't recall how much we paid but we spent 4D/3N there with my wife and 1.5yo daughter.

so while my wife works during our stay (her office is a block away from the hotel), i stayed in the hotel with my daughter with my office laptop on tow so I could work while my daughter sleeps/plays.

The complimentary wifi has very strong signal and i was able to connect remotely to our office network. i'll give them 5/5 stars there

food and accommodation: i guess they are reasonably priced for business travelers who will reimburse their expenses :)

Food: 5/5 for taste and presentation

complimentary buffet breakfast: i'll give it a 3/5 stars for lacking variety. saw the same dishes for 3 days. for the price we paid, i was expecting more.

lap pool: 5/5 good for the morning exercise or before retiring to bed

room & T&B: 5/5 for cleanliness

service: excellent! well, almost. when we arrived, i started unloading our things near the entrance. I was expecting the bellboy to be more proactive seeing we have a lot of stuff. He did ask me though if we need the luggage trolley. But in the service industry such as hotels, you don't ask guests who are unloading baggage from a car if they need the trolley!! But other than that, no hiccups. the staff are neat and polite

Location: 5/5 since it is situated in BGC business area + steps away from Bonifacio High Street where there are plenty of choices where to eat and shop.

Massage service: 1/5 for the price. TOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE look somewhere else. you can have excellent service for half the price

Overall: 4/5 I'll take away 1 star for my bfast and massage service issues

Room Tip: ask for a room with the makati/BGC skyline. otherwise you'll be greeted every morning by the hos...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Efren J, Public Relations Manager at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hi Hardware_Syndrome,

Good day!

Your great review about our hotel is very much appreciated; we are overwhelmed and glad that you had a nice stay with us. This inspires us to continue our service in order to give you happy experiences.

With regards to your concerns about the breakfast buffet and Massage services, we have already forwarded these concerns to the respective departments and are doing actions for this.

We hope to see you soon here at F1 Hotel Manila.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Korean first
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Over all the hotel experience wasn't terrible, but for the price could be improved. The beds are nice, rooms are new and showers are great. Pool deck and resto are nice and serve nice food with relatively attentive staff , but unusual to the Philippines they as well as FO didn't smile so much. Issues were mostly regarding housekeeping, missed garbage in the room before our check in from previous guest, holes in the towels, and worst of all woken up at 7am asking if we wanted the room cleaned... Wow, shocked. All in all not terrible, but again for the location and price they command we expected a better experience. We were hoping this was our new spot to stay as location is nice, unfortunately we will be looking elsewhere for our next trip to Manila.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Efren J, Public Relations Manager at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Hi Ushkas,

Good day!

We are grateful for the good reviews you have for our hotel. It encourages us to do better. As for the concerns, we have already talked to our Front Office and Housekeeping Department as they pledge not to let these kind of incidents happen. We apologise for what happened and promise that in your next stay with us, you will not encounter such problems. Thank you!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you're staying for a short period of time, and you’re looking for a relatively central location to many of the shops/businesses in BGC, then this hotel may be a decent stay for you. The rooms are decent, with a good deal of space. Entering the hotel, however, is another experience. Confined, and extremely hot (no AC), you really don’t get a great sense upon entering. Gym is small with, again, no AC......not sure many want to work out in a gym at 85 degrees. If you can, skip the food choices in the hotel restaurants, and many items always seem to be 'out of stock' when ordering room service.

Staff is very nice, and tries to accommodate......the one saving grace. Trying sleeping during all the construction....almost impossible if I wasn’t working the night shift.

All in all, if location is your only factor, then it can be a logical choice; otherwise, there are better places.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi david w,

We would like to extend our apologies to you after learning about what you’ve experienced during your stay.

We are already doing necessary actions on the problems. Rest assured you shall not encounter such inconveniences again on your next visit.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Second visit to F1 in less than 1 year. First visit was great, this visit not so good. Already looking a little tired and unkempt. The wifi is shocking and I had to call someone to come have a look at it 3 times. Apparently I was lucky as I had a router in my room. I can assure you it made no difference and the only good connection was on Level 3 or ground floor on the street. Breakfast selection is still good and the egg station is fantastic. Laundry took forever to be returned even though I put it in before 7am every day. I still had to phone for my laundry to be delivered. The usual excuse was that it still had not been returned from the external provider. If I did not need to be in proximity to the office there is no way that this would be a hotel of choice. About the only saving grace is the staff. At all times they are polite & friendly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank crazytraveller68
Hi Crazytraveller68,

Thank you for your commendation about our breakfast and hospitality. We always give our best in providing our guests the comfort and convenience that they need.

Whereas to the problems in laundry services and WiFi connection, we have already communicated with our Housekeeping and Information Technology team your concerns and we are already doing necessary actions. Rest assured that when you choose to return again, you will not experience such inconveniences anymore and see vast improvement in these aspects of our hotel.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am from the Philippines but working out of the country for some time makes me a complete stranger in the Philippines especially when in Metro Manila. Looking for hotel accommodation in Metro Manila is not easy for the unfamiliar. The choice is not only about the price, but location is very important because by mistake you could choose a nice hotel but in a heavy traffic area.

Bonifacio Global City (BGC) is the newest development in Metro Manila, and as such it is very modern and impressive. Except for the occasional slow traffic during peak hours, the city thoroughfares are still orderly compared to other parts of Metro Manila. So I chose this hotel because of its very good location, and so far, it is the only hotel I think in this area.

When you arrive at the hotel, well, it is not impressive because the entrance doesn't look like a hotel, the lobby that you walk into at ground level is a lobby of an ordinary office building. Don't be fooled because the hotel lobby is at the 5th floor. Not that the 5th floor lobby is impressive and grand. It is a simple lobby but I would serves it's purpose. Although sometimes, they can be slow as when I was first new in this hotel but recently they have been improving.

The room is very good and cosy but the noise level I think can be improved with better wall and window glass with better sound barrier performance. The noisy traffic can be heard if you happen to be facing a busy a street as 32nd street.

Breakfast menu is quite good and all the typical Filipino breakfast fares are served.
When I want to go out and meet my client, it is very easy to go from here to many destinations where my clients are located like Taguig (Bicutan), Pasig, Quezon City.

Also I am not ashamed to book my foreign guests here as the new city is impressive, the shops nearby are plenty, and they can walk freely and feel secure. I don't have to baby sit my guests all the time as they can walk to Serendra for meals and even go to Market!Market! and SM Aura by walking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hi FreeradicalGreg,

We are very delighted by your review about our hotel. This encourages us to be better in everything we do and treat our guests with utmost importance. In terms of breakfast, we always make sure that we use fresh and top of the line ingredients for breakfast so that our guests will have a nice meal to start their daily routine. We hope to see you here again!
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Having been extremely disappointed with this hotel previously I promised myself not to stay here again, but we needed to be near St. Luke's hospital so we decided to give the hotel a 2nd chance (and also a 3rd since we stayed here before & after Easter Sunday weekend during our vacation). Safe to say there will not be another stay from us as there were no improvements since our July 2013 stay. We stayed 5 nights total & booked multiple rooms, really if I had a choice I would've spent money elsewhere. Service was ok & their staff were more helpful and accommodating, but their facilities looked & felt worse. Floors were always dusty. Elevators still sucked. Bar closes too early, < 12mn (cmon it's a hotel with vacationers). Breakfast was ok but could be better especially with local Filipino choices. Hot water drove me nuts, it would go cold then super hot, with young kids this is unacceptable (was too tired most days to complain).

This property should charge 2/3 the rates they're charging now based on what they're offering, which is a good location but mediocre accommodations & facilities. Right now this place is not a good value. We will try the Seda Hotel nearby on our next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GCT671
Hi GCT671,

After having been informed by what you went through during your stay here in our hotel, we deeply apologize with this matter. The management already called the attention of all the departments involved and we assure you that you will not experience again. Please do let us know if you will be staying again so that we can show you the improvements that took place. We hope that will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Thank you for this review for it will help us to determine our areas of improvement and do necessary adjustments.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel was overcrowded and the it seemed like management did not do anything to prepare themselves for the long weekend. The queues for the breakfast buffet were very long because they did not have enough tables for everyone. The buffet was sad as food was always running out and when replenished, the bacon was soft and soggy and their scrambled eggs were undercooked.

I was warned about the elevators being confusing and it definitely was. There were some elevators that did not go to to certain floors. Am not really sure if there is anything they can do about this but this is really not a plus.

The rooms were average but the aircon vent was positioned so that the cold air would land on our foreheads . It seemed like no matter how we moved the vent, there was no other place for it to land. The shower stalls were leaking so that the water would seep through the toilet area. Even room service took one hour to collect our plates after asking them to do so THRICE.

It was really very disappointing since we really were looking forward to our staycation and we thought that this being a newer hotel would have better amenities. The smiles plastered on the faces of their employees were not enough to make up for the many shortcomings. I really do not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place of rest and relaxation and peace and quiet. Maybe this hotel is better suited for businessmen on the go rather than families.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank poraca
Efren J, Public Relations Manager at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hi Poraca,

Our sincere apologies for all the unfortunate things you’ve experienced during your stay here at F1 Hotel Manila. We have talked to all the departments involved in order for this not to occur again.

For the buffet, we have talked to our kitchen team and they will make sure to always check the dishes are of quality before serving it.

As for the air conditioning vent, our Engineering team is already doing necessary adjustments for the convenience of our guests.

Whereas to room service, we have talked to the housekeeping department about the incident and promised that it will not happen again.

We hope to redeem our hotel to you and we would be very fortunate if you will stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taguig City
Fairmont Makati
Fairmont Makati
#3 of 82 in Makati
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,582 reviews

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!