Review Highlights
Lay out of the course is good if not excellent

Continuous rain will definitely be a minus for this course as the fairways become muddy.Food is... read more

Reviewed 15 January 2019
Abraham T
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Excellent round of golf

Very helpful caddies and generally a great welcome to visitors. Good on course facilities and... read more

Reviewed 13 April 2017

from US$13.90
from US$23.00
from US$63.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I admit I'm giving this place higher marks than others may think it deserves because I got four birdies in my round and lipped out two more birdie putts. Richie, my caddy, suggested I consider making the place my home course, as it clearly suits my game. The scorecard says the course is only 5400 from the blue tees, but it seemed to play a lot longer. Not sure whether that's due to the balls, rental clubs, or maybe it's measured in meters rather than yards. In any event, it's challenging enough. The layout is fun, with trees, slopes, doglegs, blind shots, water, and decent bunkering. The tee boxes are pretty shaggy and the fairways are too, but I usually got perfectly playable lies anyway, The greens are quite good but inconsistent. The bunkers are excellent. Prices are reasonable: 800p for an adequate set of rental clubs, 300p for a dozen experienced Bridgestone balls, 1500p for greens fees (senior discount!), caddie, and umbrella girl. A decent tip for the caddy is 300p and maybe another 100p for the umbrella girl. I gave them substantially more, but still all-in, it's cheap entertainment. The staff are all terrific. The club rental guys were very helpful, the cashier was polite and friendly, Joanna, my umbrella girl, unobtrusively kept me out of the hot sun, and Richie, my caddy was professional and course-savy, always precise with the yardage (meterage? Still not sure) and dead-on with putting advice. There are well-equipped snack bars on the 5th and 16th holes. The clubhouse restaurant is excellent: very comfortable, cold beer, good food, fabulous service. The men's locker room is large and clean. The course is on the Navy base, so getting to and from can be tricky if you're not driving. Ask your caddy or the restaurant staff to call you a cab when you're ready to go, or use Uber.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Golfer88
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We been a group of 4, first time to play for me at the Navy course.
My caddy was Maria, she was very helpful and good to have around the course. Her advice and club selection, distances and greens made me play my best game so far and 5 strokes under may handicap (+30)I really enjoyed the mainly narrow greens, well cared fairways & greens. I personally would have liked a couple of more " waterholes" (bars) around the course as we run out of water, we played later morning 08:15 tee off.
The last 3 holes become very long and the loval special rule on the 18th with the forced lay up is vey special.

Looking forward to play here again, thanks for a great round of play!

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank Mit_besten_Absichten
Reviewed 25 October 2015

After 2 years, had a chance to play here recently. A huge improvement! The greens are so much better now with well-kept fairways. It truly deserves a second chance.

The locker and shower facilities (ladies) are okay. Downside, there are no changing area after taking a shower, have to either dress up inside the shower stall or go to one of the toilet cubicles to get some privacy. But attendants are friendly and helpful.

Food at the restaurant is very good. Bestsellers - buttered chicken, gising-gising and pinakbet are still my favorites. This is the place to get comfort food at reasonable prices.

Will definitely consider this place again for a good day of golf or just go on a food trip.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 7 November 2014

The course is OK,,, not special,,, the greens are average and the difficulty is average,, nothing special,,, but ,, the Cost??? wow,, you think you must be in Hilton Head, SC... 80 dollars US is just too much for this minimally kept course,, Period!

Date of experience: July 2014
4  Thank James W
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Played 18 holes here and it's an easy course with no crazy scary holes. Just as long as you can place your balls the right place :)

The condition is not terrific but not bad so i'll give it an average.

Paid PHP1800 including green fees, caddy fees, etc. Tipped the caddie about PHP300.

I didn't use the facilities for shower, etc cos since it's a 30 min taxi ride from Greenbelt, I'd rather shower in the hotel.

Date of experience: November 2014