Review Highlights
Excellent round of golf

Very helpful caddies and generally a great welcome to visitors. Good on course facilities and... read more

Reviewed 13 April 2017
mjlsManila
Manila
via mobile
Convenient location, nice course & expensive

We been a group of 4, first time to play for me at the Navy course. My caddy was Maria, she was... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2016

from US$138.00
from US$13.90
from US$180.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed playing this course. Tourists are welcome. We got a cart and a caddy for super cheap! The Caddys work their tail off!

The course is right in downtown. Some holes get awfully close to windows!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 3 February 2017

Played this course on a Friday afternoon. Not too crowded. Interesting layout and the elevation changes were nice. Large, undulating greens challenge your short game. Many holes offer decently wide fairways and the bunkers were well kept. Beware the trees! Out-of-bounds only on a few holes. Not the best maintained course (I've seen worse) and surprisingly it didn't seem to drain very well. It had rained earlier in the day but the course was still soggy for the most part, and outright swampy in many places. Several par fives, to include three in a row on the back nine, make for an enjoyable experience. The caddie I used actually knew golf decorum and how to read greens, which was a pleasant surprise. As other reviewers have noted, the greens fees are high (relatively speaking) but there aren't many other options in Metro-Manila for a comparable round with such easy access. There is a small driving range and parking is ample. I'll be back.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Clarence_Beeks
Reviewed 6 December 2016

In regardless of what people say how lousy this gold course is, I personally think that it is a pretty decent one. The price is reasonable, the course is adequately challenging but the best thing is that the staffs here are extremely friendly and hospitable. The think that I life most here is the clubhouse restaurant in an al fresco dining environment, good food with cold beers. The location of this gold course is very central too.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I admit I'm giving this place higher marks than others may think it deserves because I got four birdies in my round and lipped out two more birdie putts. Richie, my caddy, suggested I consider making the place my home course, as it clearly suits my game. The scorecard says the course is only 5400 from the blue tees, but it seemed to play a lot longer. Not sure whether that's due to the balls, rental clubs, or maybe it's measured in meters rather than yards. In any event, it's challenging enough. The layout is fun, with trees, slopes, doglegs, blind shots, water, and decent bunkering. The tee boxes are pretty shaggy and the fairways are too, but I usually got perfectly playable lies anyway, The greens are quite good but inconsistent. The bunkers are excellent. Prices are reasonable: 800p for an adequate set of rental clubs, 300p for a dozen experienced Bridgestone balls, 1500p for greens fees (senior discount!), caddie, and umbrella girl. A decent tip for the caddy is 300p and maybe another 100p for the umbrella girl. I gave them substantially more, but still all-in, it's cheap entertainment. The staff are all terrific. The club rental guys were very helpful, the cashier was polite and friendly, Joanna, my umbrella girl, unobtrusively kept me out of the hot sun, and Richie, my caddy was professional and course-savy, always precise with the yardage (meterage? Still not sure) and dead-on with putting advice. There are well-equipped snack bars on the 5th and 16th holes. The clubhouse restaurant is excellent: very comfortable, cold beer, good food, fabulous service. The men's locker room is large and clean. The course is on the Navy base, so getting to and from can be tricky if you're not driving. Ask your caddy or the restaurant staff to call you a cab when you're ready to go, or use Uber.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Golfer88
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We been a group of 4, first time to play for me at the Navy course.
My caddy was Maria, she was very helpful and good to have around the course. Her advice and club selection, distances and greens made me play my best game so far and 5 strokes under may handicap (+30)I really enjoyed the mainly narrow greens, well cared fairways & greens. I personally would have liked a couple of more " waterholes" (bars) around the course as we run out of water, we played later morning 08:15 tee off.
The last 3 holes become very long and the loval special rule on the 18th with the forced lay up is vey special.

Looking forward to play here again, thanks for a great round of play!

Date of experience: May 2016