“Five Star !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singleton
The Old Post Office B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Singleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I have just returned after spending 4 nights here . We were visiting the Goodwood Festival of Speed and The Old Post office is in Singleton a perfect spot for easy access to Goodwood. Ann and Maurice are perfect hosts. The Wash House is beautiful and we loved being away from the main house with our own front door . Spotlessly clean with the feel of a small boutique hotel room it was everything we could wish for . A small fridge in the corner with treats inside, tea and coffee making facilities and small cakes to welcome us after a full day out were just some of the little extra touches.The bathroom was immaculate with large fluffy towels. Breakfast in the house dining room was wonderful with a choice of hot dishes and a lovely fresh fruit selection along with cereals, toast, tea , coffee and orange juice. The words Bed and Breakfast do not do it justice, it is a lovely place owned by a lovely couple . The village has a pub and the next village of Charlton a 15 minute walk also has a good pub , they both do food . We enjoyed dining in both over our 4 night stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela G

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I write during my 3 night stay at the Old Post Office, and I definitely will be staying here again! I'm here on yet another of my favourite sewing courses at The Textile Space in Charlton and having tried most of the various B&B/Self-catering places around this area, I can confirm this is the best one by some margin.

The room is lovely, an old outbuilding (the house dates from the 1700's) that has been beautifully converted into an attractive, warm and welcoming space. The king size bed is comfortable and the room has all the mod cons you could require, WiFi router in the room for the best signal, silent fridge, TV and a lovely en-suite shower-room. Lots of lovely little touches too, little bit of chocolate and jug of milk in the fridge to go with the tea/coffee tray, bottle of water, biscuits etc.

Breakfast was also super, a full English just the way I like it and too much for me to finish!

Ann and Maurice can't be praised enough for this place, they are a lovely, welcoming couple who can't seem do enough to make your stay a happy and relaxing one, and the accommodation is top class and excellent value. Can't recommend the Old Post Office enough if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Stevehobfg
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I recently spent one night at this beautiful B and B. My only complaint is I didn't get to stay longer! Ann and Maurice are charming hosts and immediately made me feel comfortable. The room is separated from the main house, which was great as I was attending a birthday party and knew I'd be back late. There is a motion light that came on when I approached my room, which was very welcome in the dark. The room is fantastic and everything is well thought out. The room is quite spacious and the bad is incredibly comfortable. There are wonderful touches, including a small refrigerator that held fresh milk for tea and a bottle of water. The bathroom is divine with underfloor heating and a fabulous rain head shower. I had to leave very early to catch a flight so had told Ann not to worry about breakfast. She kindly put fruit, yoghurt, and a breakfast bar in my fridge so that I could take my breakfast with me. It's those thoughtful touches that make this a wonderful place to stay. This b and b is really top notch. I would happily stay here again and hope to sometime in the future!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ksullivanvance
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I've stayed at the Old Post Office on six occasions (each for four nights) whilst attending courses at the Weald and Downland Museum, and cannot praise it highly enough.
Ann and Maurice are very hospitable and welcome visitors with warmth and charm.
The accommodation is comfortable and impeccably clean, and with all the amenities needed for a stay.
The breakfasts prepared by Ann provide a great start to any day - really interesting and of the highest quality - Ann is a first rate cook.
I'd recommend the Old Post Office to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Old Post Office as we were attending a wedding in the village. Ann and Maurice were very hospitable from the moment of our arrival and made us feel very welcome. The room we stayed in was beautifully done and immaculately clean. It sits apart from the house so it was perfectly fine for us to arrive back whenever we pleased. The breakfast was very good. If I needed to stay anywhere near here again, I wouldn't consider anywhere else before trying to book The Old Post Office.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingValiant
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I booked this as an over night stop for a friends wedding locally. Ann was incredibly helpful prior to my visit assisting with any questions I had. When I arrived I was warmly greeted and shown to the room which was beautiful and had the comfiest bed and most beautiful bathroom I've ever seen in a B&B!
Breakfast was served in the main house in the morning and was delicious.
Ann and Maurice was amazing hosts and I would thoroughly recommend this venue to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in the local area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catzts
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We’ve just returned from a lovely one night stay at the Old Post Office. We were in the area to attend a wedding, and were initially going to book a hotel in the centre of Chichester, but we’re so glad we didn’t! The room at the Old Post Office is in an outbuilding which has been converted into a lovely bedroom with a modern ensuite. The bedroom is lovely – spotlessly clean, homely and warm, even on a cold winters day.
Breakfast is served in the main house and it was excellent – a great selection of food, well cooked and well presented.
From helping us out with an early check in, to going out of their way to help us while we were there, the owners were really accommodating, and went above and beyond what we expected. My boyfriend works for a luxury travel company, and he commented how he wishes some of his hotels could match these standards!
Unfortunately we didn’t have much time to see the surrounding area , but it’s in a lovely part of the world, and we would happily return to stay there again and try out the nearby pubs.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Been to The Old Post Office B&B? Share your experiences!