“Quality is maintained”

The Boars Head Hotel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boars Head Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Quality is maintained”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We ate at the restaurant on Friday evening, and had booked a table, luckily as the restaurant was busy. In spite of that we were served promptly. The food was delicious, as usual, and served at a comfortable pace, neither too rushed nor with too long a delay. Although the other couple are meat eaters, my wife and myself aren't and we always feel that there is a good choice. I opted for old fashioned fish pie as my main....good fresh fish with hard boiled egg and spinach under a delicious sauce and mash with fresh vegetables. With a pint from the regularly changing range of real ales, a really good experience again.

1 Thank Geoff H

“Fobbed off ”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I've been a regular for 40 years but recently the standards have dropped the last two meals I have had were not nice at all a couple of weeks ago I popped in for tea and had the pork roast wich was poor the pork was dry & very tough veg cooked to a mush the roast potatoes hard & the gravy lumpy I played up and complained to the barmaid to no avail lastnight I had steak pie chips & veg the pie was almost inedible with tough meat some of wich was like leather the pastry like cardboard veg again mush I complained to the landlord he just fobbed me off with no offer of recompense so sorry you have lost a regular

2 Thank Phil R
Durham, United Kingdom
“Warm friendly and excellent food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

we didn't book and although busy we were catered for. The food was really good quality, I can recommend the steak and ale pie and the stick toffee pud.... mmmmnn

Visited April 2014
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous atmosphere at the Boars Head”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have eaten at the Boars Head a few times over the years but it has now become a firm favourite which we visit regularly. Living nearby and within a stones throw of Settle we are somewhat spoiled for choice for good pub grub but we always return to the Boars Head. The food is absolutely lovely and great value for money. The serving staff and owners are welcoming friendly and attentive and nothing is too much trouble. In answer to previous reviews refurbishment has taken some time as this is at heart a village pub. But it has been completed with the same loving care as the owners have taken on all other aspects of the business. Call in on your way past you wont be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank bissetts
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Great food but premises filthy.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Staff were great and food was superb but the pub area in particular needed a thorough clean. Tables had wrought iron pedestals which were choked with dust, too much clutter (most of which was mismatched) and the overall impression was that the local car boots had been raided. Rooms continued the trend with dark and nasty furniture together with lampshades so small they were useless to read by. Once again scant attention had been paid to cleaning. Such a shame that the surroundings weren't up to the standard of the fabulous food. Would definitely eat there again (although I'd sleep someone else).

• Visited March 2014