“Very enjoyable stay”

The Boars Head Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Long Preston B&B and Inns
“Very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

This is a great find if you are looking for somewhere to stay that offers good traditional pub food, with a great selection of cask ales. Ideally located to explore the Yorkshire dales. Very friendly and helpful staff. Took our dog, who was also made welcome and fussed over. Some may call this place dated but I would say, it's a great place to stay in comfort in traditional surrounding. Which are sadly missing in many places.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We arrived on a friday having to come to this part as a member of family in hospital nearby, I was staying with my mum. Staff were all very friendly and welcoming, Meal was really good and at breakfast not formal menu they asked what you required for the full english and had a choice of cereals. Only thing missing would have been some fruit.

We were given the family room , I slept on one of the bunks i am 30 and it was comfortable but squaky, my mum had the double and said it was very hard and she felt cold. also thr room as someone else mentioned was cobwebby we even saw the spider..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here over the bank holiday with our small dog. The staff were so friendly and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming. We would definitely recommend staying whether dog owners or not. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We booked here as a last minute weekend break and had a fantastic time - the rooms where nice and clean (although our room was a little bit warm). The breakfast was great and we were given a choice of what we could have. We could not fault the staff whom were all really friendly and helpful, and we were made to feel very welcome by all including the pubs regulars. We also ate in the pub a couple of times - the food was as good as anything you would get in any restaurant at reasonable prices. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I booked a last minute single room here as I needed to be in Settle to collect my daughter from her D of E expedition.
I could not fault the reception or stay at all.
The welcome was friendly and I was even given a double room for the cost of the single.
As it was a Thursday I chose to eat of the Steak night special - I was allowed to take the offer and pay half price, and was pleased that I did. Rump steak, succulent and perfectly cooked with home made chips that were fabulous. The restaurant was buzzing, but certainly not over noisy when I went to bed at 10pm. Yes, there are ear plugs, but I didn't need them. Road is reasonably busy, but didn't ruin my sleep!
Breakfast was freshly cooked, with full english and cereals on offer.
OK, maybe the carpets have seen better days, but the rooms have been updated as had my shower room and felt nice and clean.
I would definitely return if I was in the area and would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MrsACM
Derbyshire
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stayed here in May 2012 for B.Holiday weekend. The hotel is on quite a busy main road, but in the evening it is not so bad.
Arrived in a.noon the pub was full with familys enjoying the weekend entertainment in the pub and around the village. Room quite large and clean but in need of some TLC decor wise, but nothing serious. Dining in the evening was excellent, the food was to die for. Really enjoyed it. Service very good too. On Sunday after returning from our day out we noticed that there were not many bar staff around. Not many.... It transpired that the Landlord was running the place single handed and if it hadn't had been for the locals helping out, ( who incidentally were there to dine) in the bar and waiting tables no one would have got served. We decided to have a light bite and was duly informed we could have a bit of wait, but was happy to do this as we could see the predicament Landlord was in on this busy B.H. evening. Well done locals for coming to the aid of your Landlord.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed here for three nights whilst doing the Yorkshire 3 Peaks, the staff were amazing, the food is good pub fayre and the locals that drink there are a good laugh.

If your looking for a warm friendly place to stay while visiting Yorkshire you will be hard pressed to find a better place than this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
#4 of 4 in Settle
The Plough Hotel
The Plough Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wigglesworth

Been to The Boars Head Hotel? Share your experiences!